Ok i am loosing the will to live here, have spent night after night trying to put music on to my z10, have searched the net etc and i still cant get it to work, basically can i only put music on this phone if it has a memory card in it? if so what is the point of 16gb built into the phone?

I have tried it with a memory card and only then i get the option of turning on mass storage, is this the only way of putting music on?

when i try to use link i get a connection error every single time and after waiting i transfers nothing

please help, i use my phone for music in the gym!!!!

signed a very unhappy z10 owner
    09-02-13 03:50 PM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    The 16GB is for the OS and the apps you install.
    You can put some music on the device memory itself. You can simply drag and drop. Plug into your PC and choose the drive letter of the internal memory.
    An SD card is the way to go however. You can also use the iTunes to get music on it.

PS I never use link to manage music.
    Just use drag and drop.
    09-02-13 04:14 PM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    The 16GB is for the OS and the apps you install.
    You can put some music on the device memory itself. You can simply drag and drop. Plug into your PC and choose the drive letter of the internal memory.
    An SD card is the way to go however. You can also use the iTunes to get music on it.

PS I never use link to manage music.
    Just use drag and drop.
    This is what I do too, just drag and drop the music files right to the device itself.

Just click on My Computer and then click on the Z10's Device Letter and look for the MUSIC FOLDER and then just drag and drop the music files you want into it.

Done like Dinner as they say and then open up you music player, I use Neutron Music Player as its the bets to have (not free) but is awesome.

I don't use a SDCARD for music as mine is a 2GB card.. but when I get a bigger one 32GB or 64GB then I would put them on it as its easier and not taking up Gigabytes of space from the device 16GB.
    09-02-13 04:21 PM
    Thanks for you replies but i dont have an option in my computer to select the drive on my blackberry, there is no drive that shows up when its plugged in, it shows up alright in blackberry link but not anywhere else, hence the reason i cant drag and drop. Can this only be done with the memory card in? and with mass storage on?
    09-02-13 04:34 PM
    I had a similar problem of the drives not showing up one the computer. The way i've got it to work is to start Link with the phone connected and then the computer should mount the drives and you'll be able to see them under 'my computer'.

I've also heard you can connect the phone while it is off and then start it and the computer should mount the drives.

Then it's just drag and drop, but make sure you have all your album art in the ID3 tags and folders or you'll go back to hating life.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:51 PM
    There's a easier way:
    Go into settings and find storage, (On home screen top bezel down swipe menu) turn on mass storage. That'll open up your SD card to the computer. Drag and drop.

Doing it without turning on mass storage will make the BlackBerry open through Link. Link creates and network connection instead of a direct connection, possibly for security reasons. Tends to cause the BlackBerry to show up as a drive slower sometimes a few minutes.
    09-02-13 04:52 PM
    You may have to install drivers and after that your PC should be able to recognise the internal memory of Z10 as a Mass Storage. It's a bummer, i know, but as recommended - better leave the internal memory for apps and use the microSD for music

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:20 PM
    You can drag and drop to your SD card if you have mass storage mode on.

Once the music is on your phone, unplug it from the computer and turn off mass storage mode and use File Manager to move then to the device storage if you want.

In my case, after I installed BlackBerry Link, I could see my phone in My Computer as drive Y: (SD card) and Drive Z: (device). No need to turn on mass storage mode either. You may need to reinstall Link to get the correct drivers to do that.

- aBBuser
    09-02-13 05:27 PM
    I reinstalled link and it's still the same :-(

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:29 PM
    I reinstalled link and it's still the same :-(

Posted via CB10
    Just a guess, but if you go to control panel=>system=>device manager, you may have to uninstall the unknown devices first before installing BlackBerry Link.

I'm guessing you plugged in the phone before installing Link. And Windows set an unknown driver for your BlackBerry.

- aBBuser
    09-02-13 05:34 PM
    Turn your wifi off on your phone for Windows to detect the drive.

100% sure that's the answer you were looking for.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:35 PM
    Thanks for you replies but i dont have an option in my computer to select the drive on my blackberry, there is no drive that shows up when its plugged in, it shows up alright in blackberry link but not anywhere else, hence the reason i cant drag and drop. Can this only be done with the memory card in? and with mass storage on?
    Yes, on your phone you must go into Storage and turn on Mass Storage. Then it will show in My Computer.
    09-02-13 05:43 PM
    I had a 32GB card in my Torch so I have never been without and SD card since I have had my z10.

BlackBerry link should work but drag and drop to an SD card is best.

You can mount the SD card but not the built in storage as mass storage just like a flash drive.

If you can't afford an SD card (10 bucks for a card big enough to hold hundreds of songs) just try to use link but it can be slow.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:29 PM
    put in the sd card and can now drag and drop music files
    09-09-13 02:25 PM