I tried looking for an LS-1 in the online stores of India and this is what I found.

Amazon.in
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_005232.png

Then I went to SnapDeal.com
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_005658.png

Then FlipKart.com where the ratings were not very assuring.
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_012436.png

And finally Ebay.in
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_005318.png
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_005400.png
    Purchasing LS-1 is difficult.-img_20141215_005552.png

All the sellers of eBay are selling it in a loose package. Even the ones that are allegedly offering manufacturer warranty.

I am almost certain that the "authorised service center" in my small city will not have a LS-1 in stock so I went ahead and purchase it from FlipKart.com. Why? Because if it turns out to be a duplicate, it will only cause me inconvenience and not loss of money. Which cannot be said for eBay.

When it does arrive, is there a way to confirm if it is genuine BlackBerry or not? I read in an old thread that the white sticker is closer to the contacts in the genuine one but I'm sure that's not the only way.

Also, if you were to purchase a LS-1 from an online store then which one would you pick?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:06 PM
    I have ho idea what's the problem in India. Got one battery for about $12 from US and it's working fine. It wasn't hard at all, click online and wait to arrive.
    12-14-14 02:26 PM
    $12 is about ₹750. So at least the price here is nearby.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:34 PM
    $12 is about ₹750. So at least the price here is nearby.

Posted via CB10
    I bought a genuine LS1 last December from a BlackBerry store for INR2500. That's the real price. Or you could buy mugen battery. But if it's because of the battery calibration issue, then no use buying new battery even.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:41 PM
    So funny. I saw LS-1 and thought Chevy Corvette engine. Haha.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    12-14-14 05:41 PM
    I purchased two from the BT shop in the UK, I believe they are still on sale.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:54 PM
    So funny. I saw LS-1 and thought Chevy Corvette engine. Haha.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    And I thought of the Saturn LS-1 :P
    12-14-14 08:09 PM
    I bought a genuine LS1 last December from a BlackBerry store for INR2500. That's the real price. Or you could buy mugen battery. But if it's because of the battery calibration issue, then no use buying new battery even.

Posted via CB10
    If I remember correctly, the Z10's charging bundle is around ₹2500 online. Looks like the prices fell a lot from last December. The most expensive LS1 yesterday was at ₹1800 which was an import from the US on eBay.

@ calibration issue: My phone is almost a year old now so I figured that buying a new battery should make it last a little longer. I do have calibration issues though because charging stops at 70% these days and phone switches off at around 30%.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 08:49 PM
    I purchased two from the BT shop in the UK, I believe they are still on sale.

Posted via CB10
    Cool.

So how is it? Did you notice anything different from the one that came with the phone? Is there something that I should look for to confirm if it is genuine or not?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 08:56 PM
    Cool.

So how is it? Did you notice anything different from the one that came with the phone? Is there something that I should look for to confirm if it is genuine or not?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm it looks identical to the original and comes in a sealed blackberry cardboard 'sleeve'. The packaging is similar design to the official BlackBerry cases but sleeve like rather than a cuboid.

It may have a hologram label on the battery, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    TheCSI likes this.
    12-14-14 10:53 PM
    I have always purchased my extra batteries on ebay for the past 15 years or so. Because they are so cheap, I get 3 at a time in case one turns out to be defective. It only happened once. Why order only one, then wait a month for delivery to find out it doesnt work?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-14-14 11:03 PM
    If I remember correctly, the Z10's charging bundle is around ₹2500 online. Looks like the prices fell a lot from last December. The most expensive LS1 yesterday was at ₹1800 which was an import from the US on eBay.

@ calibration issue: My phone is almost a year old now so I figured that buying a new battery should make it last a little longer. I do have calibration issues though because charging stops at 70% these days and phone switches off at around 30%.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the only thing that has actually helped for the calibration issue is the 10.3.1 OS and it's battery saving mode. I gave the Z10 to a friend. He's been using with the "limit cpu performance" and he hasn't run into any issues in two months now. He's a lite user though.

Posted via CB10
    TheCSI likes this.
    12-15-14 03:04 AM
    Well, the only thing that has actually helped for the calibration issue is the 10.3.1 OS and it's battery saving mode. I gave the Z10 to a friend. He's been using with the "limit cpu performance" and he hasn't run into any issues in two months now. He's a lite user though.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't have any calibration issue, but still are you sure 10.3.1 clears that bug?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:14 AM
    Well I don't have any calibration issue, but still are you sure 10.3.1 clears that bug?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't actually clear the bug. But it keeps the phone from getting into the problem. Keeping the "limit cpu performance" checked on the battery savings mode and having battery saving mode 'on' all the time, makes sure that the phone doesn't turn off abruptly. Also, battery life is comparatively better

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:44 AM
    Hmm it looks identical to the original and comes in a sealed blackberry cardboard 'sleeve'. The packaging is similar design to the official BlackBerry cases but sleeve like rather than a cuboid.

It may have a hologram label on the battery, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. I did purchase the BlackBerry Flip Cover so I think I have an idea of what the original packaging of the battery should look like.

I have always purchased my extra batteries on ebay for the past 15 years or so. Because they are so cheap, I get 3 at a time in case one turns out to be defective. It only happened once. Why order only one, then wait a month for delivery to find out it doesnt work?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Wow. And here I am thinking that 1 is already expensive. Your point is valid though. Spare batteries will always be useful. But in my case, I just can't justify spending that much for spare batteries. I'm saving money to purchase a monitor so I have to be in my budget which is why I have to be careful with my purchase.

Posted via CB10
    I see. I used the 10.3.1 leaks but it was a little buggy at times so I downgraded to 10.2.1.

Which version are you using? Is it the 10.3.1.1154? I've been reading good things about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:09 AM