Has anybody else picked up on the iphone propaganda machine kicking into high gear lately since Z10 and windows and android are all doing things way better...

I feel like I have read a lot more "articles" lately touting small features that make iphone stand out where they used to just emphasize the whole phone.

Articles which are like, look how great the camera is... or 15 functions that every other smartphone doesn't need an app for but iphone apps are the best looking... maybe I am hyper sensitive to it because of my disdain for all things apple (unrelated to my BlackBerry zeal), but I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 10:09 AM
    started to see tech "articles" showing up on news sites touting the new ios...
    05-25-13 10:29 AM
    Propaganda, disinformation, hype, puffery, and fluff are all words describing a large % of marketing whether for BlackBerry, Apple, or most any other Co. These efforts sometimes focus strictly on (hype of) one's own products and sometimes on denigrating a competitor's product.

So, yes of course, both Apple and Samsung (and also, albeit lesser, Msft) have picked things up, in part, because of BB's new intros. It is critical that the new Z/Q phones be successful upon intro or hundreds of millions in precious capital can be lost. For BB, unlike Apple, Samsung, or Msft, a loss on its current phone(s) would impinge on BB's likely very survival....a concept consistently lost (or ignored) by CB posters thinking that the OS10 phones should be allowed a break-in/ramp-up cycle like the initial IPhones or Droids but not lost by BB competition that knows tis easier to nip competition in the bud.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 07-23-13 at 12:56 PM.
    05-25-13 11:02 AM
    The ads I've seen lately are about how more people use iphone. Camera, media, etc. They use to be about unique apps or how great the whole phone is. Now they are playing the numbers game to compete with android. Like a child actor or singer who becomes famous, then after a few years the next star comes along and they get that 'look at me I'm still the biggest star 'attitude . If you have to tell people you are still the biggest. that mean you are starting to run scared.

Posted via Z10
    05-25-13 11:22 AM
    Honestly, Android fanboys are the worst (especially the Samsung variety). They are so vehement in their trashing of competing operating systems. They make Apple fanboys look like amateurs.
    05-25-13 11:25 AM
    The tech guy on the morning news says "iPhone" constantly instead of phone. Even when he's talking about Android, WP or BlackBerry, he has to bring the iPhone up in the same sentence. To me, he is the perfect example of a propaganda spreader. No phone is as good as an iPhone to him.
    05-25-13 12:26 PM
    Has anybody else picked up on the iphone propaganda machine kicking into high gear lately since Z10 and windows and android are all doing things way better...

I feel like I have read a lot more "articles" lately touting small features that make iphone stand out where they used to just emphasize the whole phone.

Articles which are like, look how great the camera is... or 15 functions that every other smartphone doesn't need an app for but iphone apps are the best looking... maybe I am hyper sensitive to it because of my disdain for all things apple (unrelated to my BlackBerry zeal), but I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    bb's doing the same thing,,, "ooo, look @ the hub", "ooo, look @ the timeshift camera",,, not to mention their HORRENDOUS "don't say a damn thing, i don't get it" ads...
    05-25-13 03:02 PM
    Honestly, Android fanboys are the worst (especially the Samsung variety). They are so vehement in their trashing of competing operating systems. They make Apple fanboys look like amateurs.
    This!^

I have a friend who got me hooked on BlackBerry cuz he loved them so much but he jumped ship to Android and now he won't shut the hell up! I've known other people using Androids and they think it's better to have all these apps that bring features that BB10 has built in! It's pathetic. If BlackBerry required you to install apps to get features other phones have baked in these are the kind of guys who would say that's another reason BlackBerry sucks. They're the most contradictory people I know. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:33 PM