I doubt Apple is paying the media, Apple gets a lot of free coverage in the media, it would be a waste of money to pay them
    Agreed. I Think one of their most effective strategies was paying groups of people to use the iPhone and talk about it in public in locations where their market would hang out - prior to launching the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:15 AM
    Nope, completely invisible. Go on, share your secret.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    Hold down the $ symbol on your keyboard.
    08-17-13 08:25 AM
    Using that logic, I suppose Nokia and Motorola are paying off the media too, since neither of those phones have officially hit Canadian shelves as of the date that piece was written.
    08-17-13 09:11 AM
    $�����. Did that work?
    Yep, you got it. How are you doing that? When I put a pound sign it just shows as nothing when I post on here.

08-17-13 09:20 AM
    $$ ?? . That was Dollars, Euros, Pounds and Yen. Two of each.

08-17-13 09:23 AM
    $������. Test
    08-17-13 09:32 AM
    $$ ?? . That was Dollars, Euros, Pounds and Yen. Two of each.

Got it figured out.

The 3 dots in the bottom right corner. Click that while in the CB app and then from the menu "Open in Browser"

Now when you use the "Pound thingy" it will appear in your post.
    08-17-13 09:35 AM
    Got it figured out.

The 3 dots in the bottom right corner. Click that while in the CB app and then from the menu "Open in Browser"

Now when you use the "Pound thingy" it will appear in your post.
    Sweet. It must be just a glitch in the CB10 app. Thanks.

08-17-13 10:30 AM
    Don't want to support them, can someone copy story?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry can take a page out of Apple's "How to Market a Smartphone Successfully" book.
    Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    More than a page.... How about the entire book. Apple's marketing is, in my opinion, some of the best I've ever known.
    08-17-13 02:16 PM
    Taking tech advise from the Winnipeg Free Press is like taking acting advise from Brendan Fraser - no one will take you seriously.

Just to name a few, sure doesn't seem bad to me. Making more than I will ever make. Where do I sign up???

Film and Salary
    The Mummy Returns (2001)$12,500,00
    Bedazzled (2000)$10,000,000
    Dudley Do-Right (1999)$4,000,000
    The Mummy (1999)$4,000,000

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    08-17-13 02:34 PM
    Apple is using power and is being warned not to use it against EU operators to get sale deals and a investigation is still running where EU operators claiming that apple force them to sell more apple. You can think in force as no delivery or lesser, also extra discount setting up a target.

Another way is to press media like here in Holland but for that is no really proof but the odd thing is that some articles in Europe and US has the same line in commentary which has all the same mistake about the product and looks like they never touched the Z10 and comparing it every time with an iphone.

This was in the beginning and proofs it but It's like an exam and the half of the group giving the same wrong answer at a open question. So what can you do about it.

We seen it here on crackberry at forums in the beginning comparing strange problems and they always saying to go back to there iphone 5. It's bashing or just people who get paid for it because some newbee crackberry members complain in every thread and saying the iphone was beter and it was not just one but a bunch with weird problems or commentary so you did know they don't even had a BlackBerry in use. Crackberry also pickef this up very late but indeed. Proof it is hard.

Apple is in the US protected by law and veto and is the biggest eco system on mobile platform while everywhere they losing market in US they growing and ask tmobile why they sell apple at launch of the Z10. There is no real market in the US because it's forced protected market where money and deals are ruling. The land of the free.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 02:39 AM
    Taking tech advise from the Winnipeg Free Press is like taking acting advise from Brendan Fraser - no one will take you seriously.
    Hey, man... I enjoyed those Mummy flicks!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:34 AM
    It has a Q10, what more do you want? And what's wrong with having iOS 7 - why wouldn't you include the feature-rich successor of one of the most popular phones in the world?
    Ios 7 isn't out yet, and isn't a smartphone but an os... seems clear what is wrong with including it in a smartphone list

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 04:15 AM
    Hey, man... I enjoyed those Mummy flicks!

Posted via CB10
    Bedazzled was kind of funny too

But seriously, Apple can afford to pay people to troll. So why can't BlackBerry pay people to praise? *I'd apply!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-18-13 05:15 AM
    Bedazzled was kind of funny too

But seriously, Apple can afford to pay people to troll. So why can't BlackBerry pay people to praise? *I'd apply!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    As would I

kimoi likes this.
    08-18-13 06:17 AM
    Yeah, Apple owns the house when it comes to the smartphone game. Why? Good marketing, decent hardware, invented the massive app market, and tight control over every aspect of how their product is displayed, thus, perceived.

Example: I just left Bell's website after comparing pricing and plans for a second BB10 phone. While there, I perused the rest of the phones lined up beside the Z and Q. Some nice offerings, so I decided to use the phone comparison feature the site has. Just for fun, I clicked on the ip4S and ip5 to compare specs. Nope, it wasn't there. ALL the other phones have the 'Compare' button next to their image, but not the Apple products. I was perplexed, and a little peeved about what I saw as special treatment, so I decided to ask a Bell rep via online chat. Quick excerpt from our conversation (typos and all):

Me: I'm comparing new smartphones, as I'm considering adding a second number to my account, and noticed that I can't compare Apple phones with the others using Compare feature. Why is that?
    Rebecca: Hmm, I'm not quite sure. My only thoughyt is because theoperating systems are different so the spec details are on a different "measuring" scale.
    Me: When you read the specs, they are all using the same parameters for measuring features like camera, processor speed, memory, etc. Apple just isn't included in the Compare section, making it more difficult to decide between them and other options. I can't see why they are the exception.
    Rebecca: The creators of the devices are the ones that have the power to allow us to do so, so for some reason, they denied access.

Okay, thanks Rebecca. So, there you go. Blackberry can't get carriers to complete update rollouts in the same quarter, but Apple can micromanage carriers right up to excluding their phones from a Compare function. I'll allow that friendly Rebecca may not be a candidate for Most Informed Employee of the Year. That being said, you wonder why BB can't seem to win, even with an excellent phone like the Z10?
    08-18-13 05:35 PM
    Today an article in the newspaper here about apple hiring more Chinese workers in China for their factory. Because of there goal the sell more and for the upcoming iPhone 5s etc. Then the article says that Chinese worker are underpaid and making to much hours. And who is going tho bash apple now???? Nobody! Strange?? It sounds like slave labor and nobody cares. Earlier an article about tax fraud . Anyone cares? Law suite?? No!
    Article stating that for 10 different points the Z10 is a better phone than iPhone 5 . And reviews of iPhone user complaining about battery life, broken lock button etc.
    But any negative news for Apple? No!
    And BlackBerry???? Great phone and all about negative
    Why......

Posted via CB10
    And you have no idea how badly the local governments want and have to fight against each other to get Foxconn to have a factory in their city/province, so that they can send thousands of young people to work there until they jump off the accommodation building. And you know what Foxconn did to prevent it from happening? They have big net outside the third floor so even if you jump, you won't die. Seems everyone is happy as long as no one dies.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 06:07 AM
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...?device=mobile

No Z10 but they include the phantom Apple I07. Puke.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you separating Apple out of this article? If anything one could make the case that Blackberry was paying these people off because they actually mention the Q10 which no one is buying.
    08-19-13 06:50 AM
    Ios 7 isn't out yet, and isn't a smartphone but an os... seems clear what is wrong with including it in a smartphone list

Posted via CB10
    It's already in beta. And you know as well as I do, iOS 7 is going to be amazing and sell well.
    08-19-13 08:42 PM
45 12