Hello Crackberrians, I have found that many/most issues that people are complaining about are arising from Apps. My better half was about to throw her Z10 in the garbage because of all the hang ups, lag, overheating she was experiencing. I first tried the famous battery pull. Didn't do a dang thing to fix the problems. Then I thought back to my craptastic Android days and it dawned on me that it could be a rogue app or two causing this, especially because the majority of them are Android ports. Well, I removed all of the Apps that she had downloaded and boom, the phone is running great. I now have her on a strict, add one app a day diet. lol. This way we can find out what the rogue app/apps are.

Unfortunately, this Android emulator could be the cause of many returned BlackBerries. Native apps really need to be pushed or I foresee a lot of upset customers. It's no secret that upset customers tell other customers about their lackluster experience. That's a snowball that nobody here wants to see here. Well, hope this has helped someone. Cheers
    Spawn12 and Lehomer like this.
    03-23-13 10:46 AM
    User error, people have no idea what they are doing so they rather blame the product.

Posted via CB10
    shads77 likes this.
    03-23-13 11:03 AM
    Or one could argue that the phone should prevent such a thing from happening. If BlackBerry is going to allow android ports, there need to be strong safeguards.

The developer docs talk about restrictions on what apps can do when running in active frame mode. Maybe those need to be stricter.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:21 PM
    Or one could argue that the phone should prevent such a thing from happening. If BlackBerry is going to allow android ports, there need to be strong safeguards.

The developer docs talk about restrictions on what apps can do when running in active frame mode. Maybe those need to be stricter.

Posted via CB10
    Sure but safeguards as you say need to be done right

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:44 PM
    Sure but safeguards as you say need to be done right
    Definitely hard to find the right balance between leaving things unrestricted enough for the tech savvy users and guarded enough for others.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:20 PM