I just got a new SIM and it's showing that the SIM card isn't compatible. It doesn't matter how many SIMs I change, my Z10 shows this error and that too for this particular carrier. It doesn't have any problems with other carriers. It keeps losing network every few minutes. Do I need to send in my phone for repairs, or will resetting the phone help?
    Problems with network in Z10.-img_20140716_210139.png

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:06 AM
    Is your phone unlocked, if not it will only work with the provider it was bought from
    07-16-14 11:22 AM
    I used to get this error when my internet plan was not enabled at my carrier. Make sure that it's activated.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:29 AM
    Guess it has to do wf ur sim card network provider...contact d provider,u need to probably register or somefn and be patient. At least...dts au I cud use mine later. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:24 PM
    Did this happen right after you changed carriers (if you did)? If so be sure they haven't mistaken set you up on a BIS data plan which was for older BBerries.
    07-17-14 07:57 AM
    You seem to have voice only. Check the APN settings. You may need a BIS plan with this carrier or manually change the APN settings

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:00 AM
    Thank you for your suggestions, people! I'll check it out and get back to you all!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 03:27 AM
    You seem to have voice only. Check the APN settings. You may need a BIS plan with this carrier or manually change the APN settings

Posted via CB10
    BIS plans are incompatible with series 10 Blackberry devices. Check to make sure you DON'T have a BIS plan.
    07-21-14 05:34 AM
    BIS plans are incompatible with series 10 Blackberry devices. Check to make sure you DON'T have a BIS plan.
    I have a BIS plan with my BlackBerry Z10 since day one and my APN settings is BlackBerry.net

Some carriers require a BlackBerry plan for BlackBerry 10, it had be discussed numerous times in the past.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:50 AM
    I have a BIS plan with my BlackBerry Z10 since day one and my APN settings is BlackBerry.net

Some carriers require a BlackBerry plan for BlackBerry 10, it had be discussed numerous times in the past.

Posted via CB10
    BIS is incompatible with Z10 -- what you have is another form of data compression. If your provider is calling it BIS, it's not -- and this has been discussed endlessly in the past. If you have a true BIS plan a 10 OS BBerry will not operate properly. If you don't believe me, go on the BBerry support forum and ask -- or look it up on BBerry itself.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02...s_going_going/
    07-22-14 12:11 AM
    BIS is incompatible with Z10 -- what you have is another form of data compression. If your provider is calling it BIS, it's not -- and this has been discussed endlessly in the past. If you have a true BIS plan a 10 OS BBerry will not operate properly. If you don't believe me, go on the BBerry support forum and ask -- or look it up on BBerry itself.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02...s_going_going/
    It's the same BIS plan that I have since my Storm. Actually, if I swap my SIM card from my Z10 to my 9900, data would work.

I know that behind, it's not true BIS. But to answer OP's question, it's possible that his carrier requires BIS plan for the Z10... like what Bell Canada does.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    07-22-14 11:49 AM
    Again, I suggest OP make sure he does not have a BIS plan. If you are on a "true" BIS your phone's data will not function properly.

Apparently, Bell originally had data plan issues with their Z10s because the APN setting would default to "blackberry.net". It looks like Z10s etc, are running on Bell's regular network now.
    07-22-14 12:18 PM
    Again, I suggest OP make sure he does not have a BIS plan. If you are on a "true" BIS your phone's data will not function properly.

Apparently, Bell originally had data plan issues with their Z10s because the APN setting would default to "blackberry.net". It looks like Z10s etc, are running on Bell's regular network now.
    It is running on Bell regular network but my APN is still BlackBerry.net

What I meant in my comment is that either he has a BIS plan and don't need one or he doesn't have a BIS plan and he needs one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:45 PM