Which apps don't work?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Skype, My T-Mobile and Waze don't work after the update. I get the BlackBerry 10 loading screen with a blue loading bar on the bottom. The app doesn't successfully load, and then it just closes itself.
    03-16-14 09:50 AM
    It will take about 3 days for the os to fully index properly. Yes your battery will suck for these 3 days. Just be patient. It's working in the background to fully index the os. After that your battery will go back to what you had before. As for your other issues. Never experienced them after the update. Good luck and enjoy 10.2. It rocks!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah 10.2 is looking good now. Battery is a bit better after OS reinstall, so hopefully it's all uphill from here.

Do all your apps work? Skype and My T-Mobile, to name a few.
    03-16-14 09:56 AM
    On LINK there is an option to re-install the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the Windows version of Link, trying to reinstall the OS.

I'd downloaded it OTA, but have been having horrible battery life.

When I plugged my Z10 in, it showed a software update in Link, so I installed it, even though I already had it.

I don't see any option to reload the OS though, just Factory Reset? Is that the same thing?

EDIT: I put my contact lenses in and found it

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:28 PM
    I think the deal is to do a few cycles of the battery, much like the other posts suggested. The first night after I did the upgrade, the battery was dead in the morning. ( I listen to podcasts trying to dose off.) The next night, I had 50% in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:52 PM
    My OTA install went as smooth as a chubby chaser at a buffet restaurant.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 01:07 PM
    Yeah 10.2 is looking good now. Battery is a bit better after OS reinstall, so hopefully it's all uphill from here.

Do all your apps work? Skype and My T-Mobile, to name a few.
    Yes all apps work perfectly fine. Had no issues. The only thing is all my apps that I had downloaded from Amazon app store (android) got deleted. Had to reinstall them, that's all. They are working fine now. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 01:28 PM
    I'm on the Windows version of Link, trying to reinstall the OS.

I'd downloaded it OTA, but have been having horrible battery life.

When I plugged my Z10 in, it showed a software update in Link, so I installed it, even though I already had it.

I don't see any option to reload the OS though, just Factory Reset? Is that the same thing?

EDIT: I put my contact lenses in and found it

Posted via CB10
    What I did was I backed up my phone first and then I did a security wipe. Then I reinstalled the software via Link, then restored my phone info.
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-16-14 01:48 PM
    This was my exact experience. Going to try an update via Link tomorrow to see if that helps. This is weak.

Posted with Imohtep. The Egyptian Z10
    03-16-14 03:10 PM
    This was my exact experience. Going to try an update via Link tomorrow to see if that helps. This is weak.

Posted with Imohtep. The Egyptian Z10
    This is nothing new. Each major update causes massive sync issues because the hub and many other parts of the OS have been updated. If you **** with it and don't let it do what it needs to do. It's only going to take longer for the battery to settle. Regarding apps that don't work I assume they are android apps. Reinstall the apps if they no longer work or update them if possible

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    jaiskywalk likes this.
    03-16-14 03:48 PM
    This is nothing new. Each major update causes massive sync issues because the hub and many other parts of the OS have been updated. If you **** with it and don't let it do what it needs to do. It's only going to take longer for the battery to settle. Regarding apps that don't work I assume they are android apps. Reinstall the apps if they no longer work or update them if possible

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    The lag and overheating, and excessively abnormal battery drain isn't a normal part of the major update. The OS reinstall via Link that I did fixed all of them immediately, causing me to believe that the OTA update was faulty.
    03-16-14 04:12 PM
    The lag and overheating, and excessively abnormal battery drain isn't a normal part of the major update. The OS reinstall via Link that I did fixed all of them immediately, causing me to believe that the OTA update was faulty.
    Did you check the device monitor ? It would tell you exactly what is causing the problem.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 04:15 PM
    Did you check the device monitor ? It would tell you exactly what is causing the problem.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yes I did and I didn't notice anything that looked out of the ordinary that would cause lag and overheating. But the OS reinstall via Link fixed those issues immediately.
    03-16-14 04:20 PM
    Anyone experiencing random reboots?? Just had 2 today

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check the battery. It could be slipping off the contacts. Software random reboots don't exist anymore. Or else we would all get them.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 04:26 PM
    After the 10.2.1 OTA update from T-Mobile on my Z10, I'm experiencing the following problems:

- Battery life is unacceptable, and lasts 4 hours tops. The battery drains quick, even on standby. I've used two original Z10 batteries and the poor battery life is consistent with both. I'm at 72% battery charge right now and Device Monitor says I have two hours of usage left. Prior to the update, I would get anywhere from 8-12 hours of battery life with moderate use.
    Had the same issue after I updated.

But heaven forbid you say it has anything to do with the update or software cause some crazy fanatic will jump down your throat and say that it has nothing to do with the update and it is something that happens to all phone.

Instead they'll get you to try some ridiculous routine that denies you access to your phone for 4 hours to "recalibrate" the battery, which unfortunately isn't a permanent fix.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-16-14 04:33 PM
    Had the same issue after I updated.

But heaven forbid you say it has anything to do with the update or software cause some crazy fanatic will jump down your throat and say that it has nothing to do with the update and it is something that happens to all phone.
    Have you fixed the issue yet or are you still having lag and overheating?
    03-16-14 04:38 PM
    Have you fixed the issue yet or are you still having lag and overheating?
    Overheating wasn't a problem for me. My main issue was battery life. So far I gave found a solution.

03-16-14 05:05 PM
    Hey Gabriel how's your battery now when it's 100%. I'm only getting 3 hours on 100% would this work for me?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:00 PM
    Hey Gabriel how's your battery now when it's 100%. I'm only getting 3 hours on 100% would this work for me?

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting about 5 hours of somewhat heavy use on a full charge. It's definitely better now after the reinstall than prior to it. I think the lag and overheating had a bit to do with extra battery consumption, and the reinstall eliminated both.
    03-17-14 12:44 AM
    after 10.2.1 on tmobile these are my issues

Battery Over heat
    Battery drains faster.
    Text Lags, still happens. not as much as before but is still there.
    i cant open FACEBOOK messages, or notification threw HUB.
    Last edited by pagozahd; 03-17-14 at 10:09 AM.
    03-17-14 09:06 AM
    I'm getting about 5 hours of somewhat heavy use on a full charge. It's definitely better now after the reinstall than prior to it. I think the lag and overheating had a bit to do with extra battery consumption, and the reinstall eliminated both.
    I'm getting about 6 - 8 hours with minimal to moderate use. Unplugged my phone at 10:03AM. It's now 11:09AM and I'm at 85%. All I've done is make a few posts on Crackberry.

03-17-14 10:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I made the mistake of updating OTA to 2141, and in addition to the battery drain, I got the random reboots, generally a couple a day.

This is not unique to the latest OTA, every time I've tried to update in this way, I've had various problems, almost always including the reboots.

I re-flashed the OS from Link, and now I have good battery life and a week or so between reboots.

BlackBerry really need to sort this out, the majority of consumers will not go through this crap every time an update is pushed, and more users will tragically drift away from this great OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:30 AM
    Yup, I made the mistake of updating OTA to 2141, and in addition to the battery drain, I got the random reboots, generally a couple a day.

This is not unique to the latest OTA, every time I've tried to update in this way, I've had various problems, almost always including the reboots.

I re-flashed the OS from Link, and now I have good battery life and a week or so between reboots.

BlackBerry really need to sort this out, the majority of consumers will not go through this crap every time an update is pushed, and more users will tragically drift away from this great OS.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know the wifi versus link update is different? I mean specifically different, as in you have proven the code is different.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:26 PM
    I have tmobile and I still have gotten no update

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:20 PM
    How do you know the wifi versus link update is different? I mean specifically different, as in you have proven the code is different.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I don't know that the update itself is different, nor do I even know that the resulting OS is positively different.

What I do know, anecdotally, is that

1) OTA updates have always been bad news for my particular handset (STL100-2, UK, updates from TMO); and
    2) Many, many other users have had the same or similar experience.

While this is not empirical test data, my point is just that there is probably a significant issue with the quality of OTA updates for the Z10. Many will argue that this is a problem for the networks. That is as may be, but it BlackBerry don't take an active role in resolving it, other platforms will welcome their disenchanted users with open arms.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:24 PM
122 1234 ...