Hello everyone
    I installed whatsapp on my Z10... it works without any problems, all chats, sending pics, all great... BUT...
    since the day I installed it I have a problem with some of my email accounts... they get desync and get an exclamation mark next to them!
    I contacted the hosting company, they told me that the max number of connections got reached and have to reset their server.
    I then try to check my emails (the emails with the exclamation mark in my phone) using my laptop, and no access...
    I couldn't understand what's going on... have had these emails in my phone since I bought the phone back in January, and all was working great...
    Yesterday I was talking to a friend and I asked him "got whatsapp so we can be in touch?", and he says "screw that, get viber.... whatsapp was messing my email accounts up so I stopped using it..." That's when I remembered that all my probs started once I installed whatsapp! (and of course there is no viber for our Z10... I 'sideloaded' it, but not working).
    Fact is I like the app, but can't keep it if it does that to my phone...
    So, any ideas about this issue? Anyone else has same prob? Any solutions?
    Thanks!
    09-11-13 04:19 AM
    What does whatsapp have to do with your emails, don't u use it via ur cell number?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:36 AM
    Yes, with WiFi on and Data on (when no wifi available)... I have no idea, that's why I'm asking if someone has faced the same issue...?
    09-11-13 04:47 AM
    Strange.

Backup WA conversations (should be auto anyway), unload WhatsApp, and confirm that same problems dont exist.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:12 AM
    Whew, I think we got a "my wife made a coffee, when my car crashed" situation. I don't think that the problems are related to each other.

The only thing I can imagine, is that your kind of use changes. Do you look more often into the hub? This could cause your BlackBerry to check for new mails and open duplicate connections.

I had this problem on my server when using multiple devices, because every device opens more than one connection. I had to raise the number on the server side to get rid of it _without_ losing mobility.

You could prevent that by having only one email client (blackberry or laptop) at once, which is highly inconvenient. Or you ask your hoster to raise the number of connections.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:49 AM
    I understand what you say Gambit... that's the issue and discussion we have now with the hosting co... the only thing I cannot understand is how come 1 of the 6 email addresses never fails (3 email addresses to each of the 2 domains)? Always work!!! and yes it is setup in ALL devices I have like all other addresses...
    09-11-13 09:43 AM
    Yes, I didn't understand the real difference here too. I experienced the same, only when all clients were on the same WLAN. 1 address had problems.

Not sure why, but I did not have a BlackBerry that time, so I think it depends on the usage deep in the clients

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:07 AM
    Ok, update...
    After troubleshooting the issue for a looong time, deleting and re-setting email addresses multiple times... moved 1 of the domains to another server, etc, etc... the problem still persists...
    So, hosting co advised there is nothing else they could do and that everything works ok at their side; they have been monitoring my domains and their connections for a week now... no problems... everything ok...
    So they advised to delete all email addresses from all devices... then set them up in my phone only... let it work for a couple of days... then to continue on the second device for a couple of days... etc...
    After following their advise, I setup the 3 emails of 1 domain only in my phone... whole weekend phone was connected to home network, and everything worked fine!
    As soon as I get out of home this morning to go to work (and thus out of home's wifi range), I hear 2 notifications and I think "$hit, here we go again!"... and yes... 2 out of 3 emails got an exclamation mark next to them (1 is still working as usual, haha)... check the signal and phone was on H+ of provider (O2)...
    So, I call them this morning... trying to find a solution for some 2 hours on the phone... after transfer to this guy, who transferred my to that guy, who transferred me to some other guy, etc... I managed to talked to the technical dept... all they could say was that they "do not block any domains and they can't understand why this is happening..." Great help, yeah, I know... their advise was "maybe it's your phone's problem... try to use the sim card to another phone - best thing would be an android phone - as BB Z10 are based on android with slight differences, and see if it works"... Well, I don't have an android phone...
    I explained that up to a month ago, when my connection was on Vodafone, I never had such problems... they didn't have any comments to make...
    So, what kind of conclusion do you make out of all this?
    09-16-13 08:36 AM
    It's your hosting company. You could setup a Gmail account and test using that. Delete whatsapp and see if issue persists

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-16-13 09:17 AM
    get android instead z10 ) will solve many problems
    09-16-13 10:21 AM
    but if it's the hosting company, how come 1 email works, i.e. [email protected] and the rest 2 i.e. [email protected] do not work? None of the emails of the domain would work...
    09-16-13 10:54 AM