i made security wipe for my z10 and take more than 20 hours and reached 95% so i took off the battery and put it again and started from 0% and after more than 35 hours still 98% and i don't know what is the problem
    12-24-15 07:43 AM
    I have a Z30 and I started the security wipe 2 days ago. It is now at 99% and based on the progress should be finished tomorrow. Seems that many people experience this long process with a security wipe on a blackberry. We just have to wait it out, I guess.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-30-15 11:06 AM
    Good lesson to use an autoloader or reload OS with Link instead.
    12-30-15 11:11 AM
    Same here. Made it to 98% and it has been just over 24hrs. I have to return my phone back to Amazon today, lol. I'll send it in the mail. Maybe it'll hit 100% by the time it gets there.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 02:41 PM
    Good lesson to use an autoloader or reload OS with Link instead.
    Actually, the reason that I am doing the security wipe is because Link would not connect with the phone and after trying 4 different PCs with 3 different Windows OS versions, I think that the problem is with the phone. Hoping that this wasn't all for nothing. At the present time the progress is 99% so it should finish sometime tomorrow and that will mark about 72 hours after starting.

Blackberry 10 not Android
    12-30-15 09:26 PM
    Don't know what the problem is with OP and others? I've done security wipes before and they've never taken more than 45 minutes.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    12-31-15 03:25 PM
    Don't know what the problem is with OP and others? I've done security wipes before and they've never taken more than 45 minutes.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    The length of time taken can vary a lot depending on what has happened to the file system over time. The way flash memory is built, only quite large areas can be deleted. So if areas contain data to be wiped and data to be kept, the kept data has to be moved to someplace that has already been wiped. Add to this that the wipe has to be FIPS 2 compliant, and the file system is fully journalled and you have a very complex procedure.

I always recommend deleting as much as you can buy removing applications, deleting pictures and videos from device memory, etc before starting a wipe manually.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    12-31-15 05:41 PM
    Here's my end result. Waited 80 hours for the wipe to complete, got frustrated as the last 30 h were spent at 99%. I forced a restart of the phone via the power button and the wipe restarted from 0%. This time though, it completed in 45 min, then an update from my provider (restored OS was a version back) and I am back in business. The best part, the phone will finally connect with Link so backups are at last possible. I've had the phone for a year and this is the first time it has been able to connect with Link and after all the hours and hours of troubleshooting I had done, the simple solution was to wipe the phone.

Blackberry 10 not Android
    01-01-16 12:05 AM