Hello friends,

Merry Christmas.

I'm here posting on behalf of my friend. He is a proud owner of Z10 and while exploring more in his phone he accidentally corrupted the software (at least this is what he told me). Now the problem is the phone is not responding at all and when restarted it shows the following image.
    What exactly is happening and how to rectify this problem? It would be a big help.

Thank you all.
    Attached Thumbnails Problem reloading Z10-img-20131224-wa000.jpg  
    12-24-13 10:47 AM
    Hello friends,

Merry Christmas.

I'm here posting on behalf of my friend. He is a proud owner of Z10 and while exploring more in his phone he accidentally corrupted the software (at least this is what he told me). Now the problem is the phone is not responding at all and when restarted it shows the following image.
    What exactly is happening and how to rectify this problem? It would be a big help.

Thank you all.
    Merry Christmas!

This is a fairly good guide to upgrading to the 10.2 OS, which should put the phone back to normal: How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com

Everything on the phone will be gone, though - hopefully he backed up before "exploring".

Before he does that, has he tried to attach it to Link and Restore OS from there?
    12-24-13 10:57 AM
    Merry Christmas!

This is a fairly good guide to upgrading to the 10.2 OS, which should put the phone back to normal: How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com

Everything on the phone will be gone, though - hopefully he backed up before "exploring".

Before he does that, has he tried to attach it to Link and Restore OS from there?
    Well, no he didn't do any back up though he isn't concerned about loosing any data.
    And yes he did tried reloading it via link but it wasn't fruitful. After reloading through link this screen came up. And it said " could not connect to device"
    12-24-13 11:27 AM
    Well, no he didn't do any back up though he isn't concerned about loosing any data.
    And yes he did tried reloading it via link but it wasn't fruitful. After reloading through link this screen came up. And it said " could not connect to device"
    Well in that case, I'd follow the guide above and in the end, your friend will have a brand new 'Berry. These things are very hard to permanently brick (thank goodness) - wish him good luck!
    12-24-13 11:41 AM
    A few random ideas..... and some may be redundant as I have copied and saved various methods

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

Go to the OS subforum and see if you can find an Autoloader file for this OS or or device, including possibly a Leak and see if that will work.

Reload OS Software bricked

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

How to do a Security Wipe (factory reset) the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

Knowledge Base Article

KB34045-How to clean reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link

Nerdberry has this:

" We hope these steps help you get back up and running fast.

Close BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software) if installed.
    Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Using Internet Explorer, navigate to BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US, scroll down the page and click the Check for Updates button.
    Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the BlackBerry smartphone turns off, then press the power button again to power it on. A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up red (USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) may also be displayed).
    Click the OK button within 15 seconds to continue.

Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and a prompt will display to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete, the smartphone will boot up and should be fully recovered.

Read more: How to Fix a “Bricked” BlackBerry 10 Device – NerdBerry "

On PC, kill link, blackberry desktop software and then go to task manager and kill any BlackBerry or link processes.

Take the battery out the phone and disconnect from USB. On the PC, launch the autoloader. Plug in phone via USB to PC. Once the autoloader has connected to your phone slap the battery back in and let it finish.

-------------------
    12-24-13 12:05 PM