AT&T is riddled with morons. From the top down. As long as I don't have to deal with customer service, I'm ok. But it is excruciatingly painful to have to wait 6 hours just to get something they should already have in their system. At this point I don't even know what they are waiting for. They should release the Z10 already. I had expected that they would have it a few weeks after launch, at worst... but this is ridiculous.
    02-23-13 08:38 PM
    I did an Internet chat with their technical support today. I was apparently the second person calling about this problem today. We "esculated" the problem, and the agent said he expected AT&T to add LTE support for the BlackBerry Z10 "very soon."

The strange thing about my data loss is how map navigation and Pandora (Android) work fine. It's the Browser and net dependent apps that frequently lose connection.
    Miguel Calvo likes this.
    02-23-13 09:06 PM
    same here buddy. let's wait until AT&T morons add bb10 in their data plan list
    02-26-13 01:41 PM
    Get an android plan.
    02-26-13 02:28 PM
    Get an android plan.
    If I got an Android data plan and used a dummy IMEI, I would be losing my grandfathered unlimited plan. The rep promised me that if I waited, my unlimited data would apply to the new LTE plan.
    02-26-13 02:56 PM
    DO NOT lose that grandfathered unlimited data plan. At the rate LTE phones are chewing through data, you will be grateful. Carriers knew exactly what they were doing with the timing of tiered plans. I'm hanging on to mine until they force-ably take it away from me, LOL
    02-26-13 03:49 PM
    I'm having the same issues! AT&T customer service reps wont do anything!
    03-04-13 04:08 PM
    End all be all:

Register an LTE Android or WP8 IMEI on your line with customer care and the LTE version of your data plan will automatically prompt. FORGET about the BIS plans...there's no BIS plan that has the LTE APN programmed into the billing system.

You do NOT need to lose your unlimited...this is complete BS spread around by people who don't know what they're talking about.
    duckduke likes this.
    03-04-13 04:40 PM
    I am getting LTE on my factory unlocked Z10 with AT&T using just a regular smartphone data plan. Are you sure you are in a LTE area with good reception?
    I really hope your are correct. From reading all of the other posts above..... it almost appears that ATT is about to put the screws to all the grandfathered "Unlimited" plans by forcing an "upgrade" to a Blackberry LTE data plan ... the change in plan then resulting in a loss of grandfathered status (meaing the loss of unlimited data). I hope this is not the case but the way ATT operates it would not surprise me at all. I will certainly want to figure this out b4 I get the Z10. I may be changing carriers in the process.
    03-04-13 04:46 PM
    You do NOT need to lose your unlimited...this is complete BS spread around by people who don't know what they're talking about.
    And I hope you are correct..... thanks!!
    03-04-13 04:48 PM
    I got an email today stating that the should have a data plan for the z10 by March 22. For now I'm using 4G by having the sim card registered to my 9810

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 05:00 PM
    Just call in and do as I said. There are LTE versions of unlimited. Customer care can and will do it.
    Last edited by AshDeezy; 03-04-13 at 05:58 PM.
    03-04-13 05:45 PM
    Yep, I am in Orlando. I will go again to the store to see if they can help me now that their employees has the bb10
    Hey man let me know what store you go to, im in orlando and would like the lte plan, I'm a little scared to ask as I have unlimited data... I have 2 lines but will probably switch down to one... my plan was to use the lte sim in my lg optimus for my z10 as it worked just fine but i would prefer to get a sim for this phone lte and switch it over
    03-04-13 05:46 PM
    I went in to a corporate store today for another issue. I talked to a lady about the Z10 and she said she has seen info about it and it looks like a sweet phone. She said their internal info says "coming soon". She had no idea when they would have it and she said based on her knowledge I would still be grandfathered on the unlimited data plan.
    03-04-13 06:03 PM
    Latest OS update that just came out *should* resolve these data working / not working issues on Z10 on AT&T.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    03-04-13 06:19 PM
    I have the same problem on my Z10. Data is slow at time and browser sometimes never renders Web pages. I had switched to an iphone 4s,wifey won the twitter contest from BlackBerry so a new Z10 hit my hands at the end of January. I never called ATT but have noticed the slowness in data from day 1. Does anyone know if I'll be able to keep my unlimited grandfathered data? I hope so! Or would I have to change? When it wants to, my data is smooth, hut at times it lags

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    03-04-13 06:32 PM
    I have the same problem on my Z10. Data is slow at time and browser sometimes never renders Web pages. I had switched to an iphone 4s,wifey won the twitter contest from BlackBerry so a new Z10 hit my hands at the end of January. I never called ATT but have noticed the slowness in data from day 1. Does anyone know if I'll be able to keep my unlimited grandfathered data? I hope so! Or would I have to change? When it wants to, my data is smooth, hut at times it lags

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    The 4S, like the 9900, does not have LTE therefore its data plan does not either. I will say it again: call customer care and have them change you to an LTE Android or LTE Windows Phone IMEI and the associated version of the data plan. You will not lose your unlimited data.
    03-04-13 11:34 PM
    They ask for your imei and will only give standard data plan which doesn't even work. They have no option for anything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 03:21 AM

I asked them why they can't simply add the IMEI to my account and choose LTE, their response (I quote): "We have to actually add a LTE data plan and both of the systems we use to add these plans are not giving me that choice. This is because the device is not an AT&T supported device."
    Can AT&T legally refuse to provision a compatible non-AT&T smartphone on their network? The revenue stream is the data plan not hardware sales and as we know over the course of a decade each subscriber pays several thousand dollars to the wireless carrier in data and voice fees.
    03-07-13 08:00 PM
    I escalated the issue. Problem solved. They ended up using a different imei and set to lte plan. Works now.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 03:55 AM
    I went into an AT&T store in New York and they couldn't be more helpful. They were very eager to get it running on LTE. They used the same IMEI number, device name as RIM and model BlackBerry. Been working great ever since.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:45 AM
46 12