This afternoon - and indeed still -my phone hasn't been able to connect to the mobile network. Even though it says EE 3g all the Internet needing apps just say 'no Internet connection' or 'connection not available' etc. (I do have 4G). This is in central London.

I have noticed previously that it can sometimes take a while to pick up a connection - I may have to play around with the network settings sometimes before it picks it up.

Is anyone else having problems with EE or the connection in general? Or is my phone wacked? It picks up wireless perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:41 PM
    Sometimes when I come off WiFi it stays as 3g then goes to 3G then 4G.
    03-14-13 02:45 PM
    Have you tried restarting device or pulling and reinserting SIM?
    03-14-13 02:48 PM
    Ah, that sorted it. Still, hopefully not the sort of thing we'll have to do every day. ..

I notice it went from 3g to 3G to H to H+, to 4G. Not sure what H means.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:17 PM
    H or H+, in Canada at least, refers to HSPA+ which is 42mbps.

Some carriers call it 4G, because 42mbps is the industry standard for 4G. LTE is faster still.
    03-14-13 03:19 PM
    I had this problem again today, and resetting my phone didn't work - was starting to get a bit worried, but went into the EE shop (to pay my Orange phonebill - hopefully the last one unless they've messed it up) and they were telling someone there, who it looks had an iphone, that the entire 4GEE network was currently down.

So not a problem with my phone, just with crappy EE*. I should have suspected that an offshoot of Orange wouldn't do well with coverage...

*Alternatively and more generously, I'm sure with setting up a new network on new bandwidth there will be teething issues.
    BB Marissa likes this.
    03-18-13 09:07 AM
    I had this problem again today, and resetting my phone didn't work - was starting to get a bit worried, but went into the EE shop (to pay my Orange phonebill - hopefully the last one unless they've messed it up) and they were telling someone there, who it looks had an iphone, that the entire 4GEE network was currently down.

So not a problem with my phone, just with crappy EE*. I should have suspected that an offshoot of Orange wouldn't do well with coverage...

*Alternatively and more generously, I'm sure with setting up a new network on new bandwidth there will be teething issues.
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking that I would need to call EE after work.
    03-18-13 09:17 AM
    I had some problems earlier with it only wanting to connect to 3g with a small g and therefore no net connection. Seems to have worked itself out for now though.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:26 AM
    I had this issue with tmobile, who are part of the EE network if im not mistaken. Every so often i would lose total reception and could only solve it by turning flight mode on and off. Then it would connect to 3G then H+ then 3G then down to 3g, which meant i was not able to connect to the network.

How did i solve this problem permanently??...i called up tmobile last Wed, told them i wanted to leave as their network is a pile of stinking dog crap....speedtest results from 5 tests showed that i was lucky to get 5mbps download and 1mbps upload. ~Anyhow got my PAC code without having to pay for 6mths of my line rental as i was on a rolling 12mth sim contract. Phoned up Vodaphone, asked them whats the best they could do for, told me �22 a mth unlimited calls, texts and 2gb of data over 12mths. Gave them my PAC code, number was ported over and i am good to go. Ran the speedtest 5 times and im getting over 20mbps download and 5 mbps upload on average and the funniest thing is that im not on a 4G network as Voda havent released theirs yet but yet voda 3G network is faster than EE's 4G network...hilarious but i feel sorry for the people they roped in on their 4G contracts. They are stuck with possibly the slowest 4G network unless EE ramp up the speeds once 3 and Voda get their 4G networks up and running. One thing i will say i that since ive moved over to voda, my z10 holds the H+ connection 99.9% of the time...whereas tmobile i was lucky to see H+ for more than a few mins and i live and work around London.

Good riddance to tmobile even though i was with them for over 10 yrs, not only are they useless with the latest update for the Z10, which after 2 weeks they released but their network is getting worse and worse and no i wasnt willing to pay �36 a mth over 24mths to get a measly 500mb data on their ludicrously slow 4G network.
    03-18-13 09:48 AM
    I had the same problem earlier, eventually I tried a battery pull and all was resolved. It would seem that the issue was initiated at EE's end if I wasn't alone with the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:28 AM
    As a more general issue, I find that when I come of of wifi (when I leave my office, for exmaple) and onto 3/4G/H+/LTE, that the icon for the service appears almost immediately, but the blackberry icon, which dictates whether I have a data connection or not, can take 30 sec to a minute to kick-in. On my Bold 9900 it was almost immediate. Maybe it's just the case with more powerful units. Generally, I now I turn the wifi off a few mins before I leave so the mobile service can 'kick-in'. It's probably good practise anyway as phones seraching for wifi signals away from saved ones can take a chunk out of the battery.
    03-18-13 10:36 AM
    It's more than likely EE. Take a look on the EE page on Facebook. Xx

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:45 AM
    I normally get H+ almost all of the time though.
    03-18-13 08:53 PM
    Hmmm, just got a call from EE, but the guy couldn't hear me and the call died. Now that is also probably an EE issue, but now I'm wondering what the call would be for. Anyone been called by EE?
    03-19-13 08:31 AM
    Nope. Are u a new customer? Could be a courtesy call.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:52 AM