I liked the Priority Hub>Manage Rules feature in 10.2.1.1055. I would like it even better if this feature were designed to enable users to add filters which delete unwanted messages.

Paul
    Posted from a Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 01:32 PM
    I liked the Priority Hub>Manage Rules feature in 10.2.1.1055. I would like it even better if this feature were designed to enable users to add filters which delete unwanted messages.

Paul
    Posted from a Z10

Posted via CB10
    If you use Exchange on the back end, or Outlook.com, you can use server side rules to "filter" messages out of your synced inbox.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:39 PM
    If you use Exchange on the back end, or Outlook.com, you can use server side rules to "filter" messages out of your synced inbox.

Posted via CB10
    yup. that's how I do it on outlook.com, but I don't delete (that's what the junk folder is for IMO). I use the filters to file to specific folders, as well as, auto forward to a different account. very handy.
    12-24-13 09:19 PM
    I use Thunderbird and I set the filter to delete certain message-types in the server. Unfortunately I still receive these message-types in my Z10. I've also tried to unsubsidised but I still keep receiving unwanted messages.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:24 AM
    I use Thunderbird and I set the filter to delete certain message-types in the server. Unfortunately I still receive these message-types in my Z10. I've also tried to unsubsidised but I still keep receiving unwanted messages.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

Posted via CB10
    What email service are you using? You might be able not create server side rules.

For what it's worth I believe Thunderbird will only create client side rules which will not help the email from going from the sever to your device because your device is a separate client.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:01 AM
    You're correct; I cannot fulter

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:59 AM
    You're correct; I cannot have messages filtered before they 'leave' the server. That's why I made my original comment. BB7 used to have such a filter which I, evidently, liked a lot.

Thanks

Paul

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-13 12:04 PM
    You're correct; I cannot have messages filtered before they 'leave' the server. That's why I made my original comment. BB7 used to have such a filter which I, evidently, liked a lot.

Thanks

Paul

Posted via CB10
    I don't which email service you are using, but take a look at Outlook.com. It supports other email domains and migrating your email to their service. They will provide you server side rules and full-fledged ActiveSync.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 12:38 PM
    I don't which email service you are using, but take a look at Outlook.com. It supports other email domains and migrating your email to their service. They will provide you server side rules and full-fledged ActiveSync.

I realize this doesn't directly address your original request to do it on device, but it's the best suggestion I have at the moment.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 12:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am based in Malta (in the Mediterranean) and use a local ISP. Will try the outlook.com option.

Thanks again

Paul

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 04:22 PM
    Don't have the update yet (still waiting on at&t in the US...) but I was wondering if priority hub shows flagged messages? Priority hub will be useless to me unless it shows all of my flagged messages.

Or maybe I'm missing something on 10.1. Is there a way to pull up just your previously flagged messages?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:27 PM
    Don't have the update yet (still waiting on at&t in the US...) but I was wondering if priority hub shows flagged messages? Priority hub will be useless to me unless it shows all of my flagged messages.

Or maybe I'm missing something on 10.1. Is there a way to pull up just your previously flagged messages?

Posted via CB10
    It can show the messages flagged as high priority:
    Priority Hub-img_20131225_195147.png

There are additional rules you can set to cause a message to show up in the priority hub, but I don't think flagging other than the importance level are togglelable.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. In 10.2 you can pinch to zoom for flagged messages, priority, unread, etc.

In 10.1 if you hit search and then the menu icon (top left), you can filter by unread, flagged, etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:55 PM