Can someone explain what I am not understanding about this app?

Say I get my flight confirmation sent to my email. I retrieve my email on my desktop and using print to go I can save it to my z10.

But I am already going to receive the email in my z10 anyway, so what is the advantage of Print to Go?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:54 PM
    Not a whole lot if you keep your data in the cloud, such as on your email and box/dropbox. But, let's say you got a pdf on your desktop or a photo, you could print to go it to your phone. Or even a word document. Your options are endless.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-17-13 05:04 PM
    Remote File Access on 10.1 is the real deal here. Print to Go, which I have never used once on my playbook is this. You are on your computer. your playbook is at, let's say work, but you want to make sure your Word document is on it when you get to work the next day. Sure you can just email it to yourself (I never said it was really useful) but with print to go you can just "print" the document to "Print to Go" instead of "insert printer name here" So you select print and select Print to Go as your printer and BAM! Bob's your uncle. Sent to your device. My PB is always on me so I just use wifi transfer. Z10 with Remote File Access will get you your documents on your computer from your phone. Your computer needs to be on and connected to internet. Your Z10 can be on LTE or whatever. Z10 has option to enable when connected to Link. Must enable option on Z10 as well under Link settings.

EDIT: And what century0 said. If you keep your data in the cloud.
    05-17-13 05:07 PM
    Why couldn't I just email that doc or photo on my desktop to my phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:07 PM
    Ok I see. I do use remote file access which is unbelievable. What a feature.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-17-13 05:09 PM
    Well... yea...exactly. There are many options on how you do this as we have mentioned. Print to go is a strange one and will likely disappear over time.
    05-17-13 05:10 PM
    I sometimes make up my invoices on my laptop. Instead of printing them on paper or going through the process of converting them to a PDF and emailing them, I simple use "Print to Go", they arrive on my phone, and I email them to my customer. Pretty slick.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:10 PM
    Last question. Where is the pdf saved when it is sent to my phone through Print To Go? And ti make this really useful it should be able to be installed on more than one computer - i.e. work and home.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:18 PM
    It can be. Must download Print to Go driver or just install Link.

BlackBerry - Print To Go - Canada

Print to go has an app on my PB not so sure about Z10. But most likely can download it if you really want it.
    05-17-13 05:28 PM
    It's a great app. When I type out quotations to my customers, in addition to emailing them out I use print to go to save a copy on my phone.

So if u am on the road I still have access to my quote.

Instead of print to go Dropbox could also be used in a similar fashion.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:31 PM
    Ok thanks everyone.

I don't know how much I would use this but it looks like for some it is very helpful.

I am enjoying though the remote file access. One of the best features of this phone, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:36 PM