Just wanted to post this. I clicked over to a Wall Street Journal article linked on this forum and made some comments. My latest comment, to a user named "James" isn't appearing. I've tried reposting and it tells me it's a duplicate comment, and yet it hasn't appeared as yet (6:38pm, Feb 25, 2013). Oddly, later comments telling people to "go back to mexico" made it up, so not sure what I said that was so 'offensive' or broke guidelines. Tried emailing the "abuse" email at the top, no response as yet.

Anyway, reposting James' comment and my response here, for the record. Also including a link to the article and comments. MY comments are under the user "Peej", the ones that made it.

I dunno, did I say something offensive?

Original article: March Madness: BlackBerry's Nightmare Is Starting to Emerge - Digits - WSJ

--------

JAMES Comment:

5:51 pm February 25, 2013
    James wrote :
    People and organizations buy the most useful products and services with the best brand names. Apple is the hands down winner for the well offs, Samsung for the less fortunate. Professional apps like CNN and banking apps are first developed on iPhone then for Android. Increasingly Windows apps are not upgraded beyond Windows 7, but newer versions written for iOS and Android. People are using more iOS iPhones and iPads knowing they will be useful for the future. Android is less trusted than iOS. Windows Phone even less, and Blackberry is a dead choice because all the Blackberry apps must be ported from Android.

For Americans the obvious choice is iOS. Blackberry has no business trying to sell to Americans and its allies. Apple, Android and Windows are all American so why would America use Blackberry? Is there a law that says America must use Blackberry instead of America�s own Apple, Android and Windows?

Blackberry has shown its true colour selling to Canada, UK, and all those non-American regions. America is the origin of technologies, not Canada.

--------

My Response:

James. iPhone HQ is in California but the phone is manufactured at Foxconn in China. Samsung is a Korean company. Blackberry is in Canada. Between China, South Korea and Canada, with whom do you share a border, and common language? Sorry, just wanted to point that out before commenting further.

IN THE NEWS. Today, ripped from the headlines: Foxconn is failing, and you could pay more for iPhone

Secondly, Canada is one of America's allies James. We not only have free trade agreements, one of the world's most secure and open borders, but also a common history in the New World. You are not representative of most Americans based on my personal experience who are warm, open, welcoming and intelligent human beings. I have the pleasure of calling several of them my friends.

Blackberry sold in UK first (odd, for a Canadian company), and Canada second. The process of releasing the phones to carriers is being held up by regulatory testing, and all indications are that it will be available in March. As a private, for profit company, I'm baffled as to why you would think Blackberry would deliberately snub the U.S. market. I'd love to hear your theories though, I'm sure they'll be good.

You have an anti-BB bias, you seem pro-Apple, not so much Android... Which is fine, we all have our own biases and preferences. Wouldn't it be great if we all had as many choices in the cell phone market as we do when it comes to picking cars? Or other things? I don't know about you, but I think that'd be a good thing for everyone, and it would make all the different manufacturers more competitive. But that's just me. Cheers.
    02-25-13 05:43 PM
    l wouldn't doubt it. and nice response.
    02-25-13 05:51 PM
    That was a well thought response, I don't see any problem with it.
    02-25-13 05:55 PM
    l wouldn't doubt it. and nice response.
    Thanks! No reply as yet, though it hasn't been that long. Not surprised. I just wanted to document it, and I sincerely hope that other users of this forum document any similar experiences so that we can begin to build an archive of media bias. To me, it's obvious now, though at first it was shocking. I come from a non-Blackberry background. I had an iPhone 4S most recently and haven't experienced such vitriol before...But I'm a quick study. Funny, it brings me back to my old university days, a quote I remember attributed to Gandhi that seems applicable:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-25-13 05:58 PM
    Hehehe - is that JamesApple?

There are fanboys and then there are people like him. He's got a pretty unnatural hate of BlackBerry and makes a point to comment every chance he gets. Like that crazy girl at BGR.
    jerryeight likes this.
    02-25-13 05:59 PM
    That was a well thought response, I don't see any problem with it.
    Thanks! Despite the obvious, usual anti-BB vitriol, I spoke honestly. I don't hate people who prefer Android or iPhone over Blackberry. I'm a former iPhone user for frig's sake! Vive la difference, why can't we just celebrate the fact that one more choice has been added and celebrate that? I'm sold on my new phone, love it, but I get that others may not. Why do they hate me for my choice? =)
    Maiev likes this.
    02-25-13 06:01 PM
    Hehehe - is that JamesApple?

There are fanboys and then there are people like him. He's got a pretty unnatural hate of BlackBerry and makes a point to comment every chance he gets. Like that crazy girl at BGR.
    I'm new to the BB group, I guess I just met an Apple fanboy in extemis. But why would the WSJ not post my reply? That's very odd to me. Especially if you look at more recent comments about Mexicans... Sheeesh...
    02-25-13 06:02 PM
    I don't care about the censorship (or otherwise), but it's obvious why they started sales in the UK first with this crucial device.
    02-25-13 06:04 PM
    I saw what this guy was writing. Rubbish! Not worth our time.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:06 PM
    Great job and thanks for sharing. I tell you I am sure am learning a lot about stock manipulation / marketing / branding / poor media practices etc since investing in blackberry. Good thing I have thick skin and am long on the stock.

The number one thing that bothers me is people writing about blackberry who know nothing about it. At least people need to get their hands on the device or sit down with someone at blackberry and get the facts. "Blackberry apps must be ported from Android" - Oh really!

Again thanks for posting.
    jrohland likes this.
    02-25-13 06:11 PM
    I don't care about the censorship (or otherwise), but it's obvious why they started sales in the UK first with this crucial device.
    Thanks, but I DO care about the censorship. I don't think my comments violated their guidelines, so they are obviously SHAPING the comments. That's not cool with me. And it's not just about what I said in that post (my comments weren't particularly mind blowing or awesome), it's more about the fact that if they did that to me, who else are they censoring? It's important brother, at least in my opinion.
    02-25-13 06:11 PM
    Great job and thanks for sharing. I tell you I am sure am learning a lot about stock manipulation / marketing / branding / poor media practices etc since investing in blackberry. Good thing I have thick skin and am long on the stock.

The number one thing that bothers me is people writing about blackberry who know nothing about it. At least people need to get their hands on the device or sit down with someone at blackberry and get the facts. "Blackberry apps must be ported from Android" - Oh really!

Again thanks for posting.
    No, no, no, didn't you hear from James the expert? ALL the Blackberry apps must be ported from Android. Apparently. Not even sure what that means. But hey, it's fine for the Wall Street Journal to print, just not my rebuttal.

Gotta say, real disappointed by them. Live and learn I guess.
    02-25-13 06:16 PM
    Just wanted to post this. I clicked over to a Wall Street Journal article linked on this forum and made some comments. My latest comment, to a user named "James" isn't appearing. I've tried reposting and it tells me it's a duplicate comment, and yet it hasn't appeared as yet (6:38pm, Feb 25, 2013). Oddly, later comments telling people to "go back to mexico" made it up, so not sure what I said that was so 'offensive' or broke guidelines. Tried emailing the "abuse" email at the top, no response as yet.

Anyway, reposting James' comment and my response here, for the record. Also including a link to the article and comments. MY comments are under the user "Peej", the ones that made it.

I dunno, did I say something offensive?

Original article: March Madness: BlackBerry's Nightmare Is Starting to Emerge - Digits - WSJ

--------

JAMES Comment:

5:51 pm February 25, 2013
    James wrote :
    People and organizations buy the most useful products and services with the best brand names. Apple is the hands down winner for the well offs, Samsung for the less fortunate. Professional apps like CNN and banking apps are first developed on iPhone then for Android. Increasingly Windows apps are not upgraded beyond Windows 7, but newer versions written for iOS and Android. People are using more iOS iPhones and iPads knowing they will be useful for the future. Android is less trusted than iOS. Windows Phone even less, and Blackberry is a dead choice because all the Blackberry apps must be ported from Android.

For Americans the obvious choice is iOS. Blackberry has no business trying to sell to Americans and its allies. Apple, Android and Windows are all American so why would America use Blackberry? Is there a law that says America must use Blackberry instead of America�s own Apple, Android and Windows?

Blackberry has shown its true colour selling to Canada, UK, and all those non-American regions. America is the origin of technologies, not Canada.

--------

My Response:

James. iPhone HQ is in California but the phone is manufactured at Foxconn in China. Samsung is a Korean company. Blackberry is in Canada. Between China, South Korea and Canada, with whom do you share a border, and common language? Sorry, just wanted to point that out before commenting further.

IN THE NEWS. Today, ripped from the headlines: Foxconn is failing, and you could pay more for iPhone

Secondly, Canada is one of America's allies James. We not only have free trade agreements, one of the world's most secure and open borders, but also a common history in the New World. You are not representative of most Americans based on my personal experience who are warm, open, welcoming and intelligent human beings. I have the pleasure of calling several of them my friends.

Blackberry sold in UK first (odd, for a Canadian company), and Canada second. The process of releasing the phones to carriers is being held up by regulatory testing, and all indications are that it will be available in March. As a private, for profit company, I'm baffled as to why you would think Blackberry would deliberately snub the U.S. market. I'd love to hear your theories though, I'm sure they'll be good.

You have an anti-BB bias, you seem pro-Apple, not so much Android... Which is fine, we all have our own biases and preferences. Wouldn't it be great if we all had as many choices in the cell phone market as we do when it comes to picking cars? Or other things? I don't know about you, but I think that'd be a good thing for everyone, and it would make all the different manufacturers more competitive. But that's just me. Cheers.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except for the open borders. Not sure if you have tried to cross from Michigan to Ontario or from NY to Ontario. It is very high security with cameras all over, radiation scans, interrogation, car searching, and passports. Especially for a good looking young man with a nice car.

In the EU you drive country to country with out even slowing down on the highway or needing a passport.

Certainly nothing wrong with the Canada-USA border but it is far from "open borders"
    02-25-13 06:16 PM
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except for the open borders. Not sure if you have tried to cross from Michigan to Ontario or from NY to Ontario. It is very high security with cameras all over, radiation scans, interrogation, car searching, and passports. Especially for a good looking young man with a nice car.

Certainly nothing wrong with the Canada-USA border but it is far from "open borders"
    You're right, that was probably too much of a general statement... I'm the master of "the stupid look" when it comes to border crossings. Any time they ask me a hard question I do my best Jim Carrey in Dumb and dumber and it usually works and they wave me off... Anyway, Canada and the U.S. are landlocked cousins, with a common history. It's hilarious to me that "James" would recommend a Korean phone over a Canadian phone. No offense to Samsung, or Android users... There's lots to like about the other platforms, I'm just fed up with having to deal with idiots that crap on Blackberry.

It reminds me of an old saying: "No one ever got fired for buying IBM"....

The opposite in the media these days seems to be "No one ever got fired for crapping on Blackberry"...

Cheers
    Peej
    Last edited by Gnomesane; 02-25-13 at 08:13 PM.
    02-25-13 06:22 PM
    UPDATE: My post just appeared. Not sure why it was held up, but thanks!
    02-25-13 06:42 PM
    America is the origin of technology. That is one **** of a statement. And what is wrong selling to UK first? We were of our tits on happiness!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:10 PM
    America is the origin of technology. That is one **** of a statement. And what is wrong selling to UK first? We were of our tits on happiness!!!

Posted via CB10
    Nothing wrong with selling to UK first, imho. Brits have always been made of sterner stuff than the rest of us fickle bastards, and are less likely to be fazed by a "lack of apps"...
    02-25-13 07:18 PM