When I move the phone or put it down I can hear it rattling it's annoying me so much anything I can do?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:38 AM
    I have not heard of any tweaks or fixes for this. Nor have I heard of this being much of a problem. Are you out of warranty?
    02-21-14 02:53 PM
    It could be the camera..the shutter tends to be a little rattely..try lightly and gently tapping on or around the camera to see if you hear your rattle

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    02-21-14 02:59 PM
    I can hear the rattle all around the top of the phone when I tap it so hard to pin point where exactly it's coming from. It's a bit annoying

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:06 AM
    I can hear the rattle all around the top of the phone when I tap it so hard to pin point where exactly it's coming from. It's a bit annoying

Posted via CB10
    It could be the NFC pins you hear rattle.
    02-22-14 08:10 AM
    Just taken the back off and shaken it - defo either the camera shutter or the power button

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:28 AM
    Lol, there's no shutter, well, no mechanical shutter at least.
    Pmsl

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:31 AM
    It could be the NFC pins you hear rattle.
    I second this. It's probably the NFC pins

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers Crackberry!
    02-22-14 01:26 PM
    Pmsl

Posted via CB10
    Someone mentioned it above and given I'm not as tech savvy as some I didn't question no need to be so arrogant and rude.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:04 PM
    Pmsl

Posted via CB10
    I know they don't exactly have mechanical shutters, my point of saying shutters was to mean some moving part that can cause a rattle. It's to make things simple. If you took half the effort in helping rather than trying to act smart maybe you could be useful to people here.

As for it being the nfc connectors, for me it's not since iv already tested it with the connectors held in place and the rattle around or from the camera still occurs..atleast for me. I'm not sure if the OP has the same problem or not though.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:26 PM
    Pmsl

Posted via CB10
    Actually thete is, sit in a very VERY quiet room and open the camera then close it you'll hear a "tick" that's the lens shutting down..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    02-22-14 02:28 PM
    Someone mentioned it above and given I'm not as tech savvy as some I didn't question no need to be so arrogant and rude.

Posted via CB10
    Why is it on any question you ask and someone replies with an answer you don't like you assume they are arrogant and rude.... maybe look at yourself before answering back. Even in the off topic where you claim you British are prim and proper and everyone else in the world is rude....and yes I know..got me a spot on the snarky,arrogant and rude list.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 02-22-14 at 02:51 PM.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-22-14 02:39 PM
    Just taken the back off and shaken it - defo either the camera shutter or the power button

Posted via CB10
    You're sure it's coming from the top?
    If so, contact your carrier and ask for a replacement.
    02-22-14 04:36 PM
    I know they don't exactly have mechanical shutters, my point of saying shutters was to mean some moving part that can cause a rattle. It's to make things simple. If you took half the effort in helping rather than trying to act smart maybe you could be useful to people here.

Posted via CB10
    I was helping the OP by informing him it could not have been the camera shutter as it doesnt exist on the Z10..... OK?
    02-22-14 08:54 PM
    Actually thete is, sit in a very VERY quiet room and open the camera then close it you'll hear a "tick" that's the lens shutting down..

That is actually a sound file called : camera_sound.wav that plays when the picture is taken.
    02-22-14 08:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    HOW is that "arrogant and rude"?
    02-22-14 09:04 PM
    Buy a case which can cover your power button tight enough, you won't hear that sound again.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:17 PM
    That is actually a sound file called : camera_sound.wav that plays when the picture is taken.
    Not the camera sound, you don't even have to take a photo, just launch the camera app then close it and it makes that tick... try it..

02-23-14 12:07 AM
    I was helping the OP by informing him it could not have been the camera shutter as it doesnt exist on the Z10..... OK?
    HIM?!! Erm I'm the female in the picture thank you very much. And this thread just proves my point about bad manners and rudeness! If you've nothing helpful to say don't say it.

And it's nothing to do with "if anyone gives me an answer I don't like" I mean seriously I was asking a question there was no need to be so rude and I quote "Pmsl" like I'm an *****. That's where I take offence.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-23-14 03:45 AM
    Why is it on any question you ask and someone replies with an answer you don't like you assume they are arrogant and rude.... maybe look at yourself before answering back. Even in the off topic where you claim you British are prim and proper and everyone else in the world is rude....and yes I know..got me a spot on the snarky,arrogant and rude list.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    I never said British are prim and proper and everyone else in the world is rude. Perhaps you read it that way but that's not what I was saying if you read it properly! Man this is a horrible forum :/ isn't it supposed to be a place to help people especially the ones who maybe aren't as clued up as others on BlackBerry?! Never had these problems on the Apple forum....

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-23-14 03:49 AM
    Not the camera sound, you don't even have to take a photo, just launch the camera app then close it and it makes that tick... try it..

Thank you this is correct it's not when you press to take a picture you just tap near the camera and it rattles. Even with the back cover removed where the nfc pins are

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:50 AM
    Don't let the people get to you ...some people here can be a bit off putting with their replies even if they think they are helping but the majority are genuinely here to help.

Getting back to the issue at hand, from your replies I think you too have the camera rattle? . Iv pretty much have had it from the start and as much as I like my phone to not be damaged, I haven't experienced any hardware / performance issues with the camera or anything else. So the rattle could well be nothing to worry about. As for it being annoying, yes it can be and I'm sorry but I don't have a fix
    Whether it's the camera or around the camera I don't think there's much you can do . If it really bothers you and you think it could or does cause issues in performance then I guess you can try getting it replaced if possible.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:30 AM
    For now I just live with it
    02-23-14 04:31 AM
    The click sounds could be from the focusing mechanism which is activated by magnets. But in the case of OP, I doubt it's from the camera.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-23-14 05:30 AM
    Don't let the people get to you ...some people here can be a bit off putting with their replies even if they think they are helping but the majority are genuinely here to help.

Getting back to the issue at hand, from your replies I think you too have the camera rattle? . Iv pretty much have had it from the start and as much as I like my phone to not be damaged, I haven't experienced any hardware / performance issues with the camera or anything else. So the rattle could well be nothing to worry about. As for it being annoying, yes it can be and I'm sorry but I don't have a fix
    Whether it's the camera or around the camera I don't think there's much you can do . If it really bothers you and you think it could or does cause issues in performance then I guess you can try getting it replaced if possible.

Posted via CB10
    That's really helpful thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:57 AM
38 12