Cool thanks guys, looks like I'll be picking up my Z10 this weekend then.
    O yea, how about Contacts transfer. Right now I am on Android, you can transfer your contacts via Google right?
    If you mean you have your contacts in a Google / Gmail account and want to sync them, no sweat, works great.

Posted via CB10
    goagray likes this.
    07-05-13 08:12 PM
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the Z10. I've done a little research and as of now I am considering the Z10 and the HTC One. One of the reasons why I'm considering the Z10 is because of it BB Hub. I am a frequent user of emails and text, and thus far from YouTube reviews it seems pretty handy. I'm not a big cell phone gamer but I do like to stay up to date with the news and such so I may be heavy on the browsing. Also, I think that the Z10's keyboard software is awesome! I am leaning towards the Z10 because I think it will deliver what I need as far as productivity in being organized and conducting business or whatnot. Just a few questions...

1) How frequent are the reboots and are they happening with everyone? or is it just Verizon or T-Mobile?

2) How is the battery life? I've read that there was a recent update put out and that has helped but does it still give good battery life?

3) Is the phone very laggy?

Thanks!
    Hey buddy, I had the HTC One (The Newest One) it was a very nice soils device, but I liked the looks of the Z10 and the features so I went to the z10, I love my phone. I have a reboot maybe once a week, but sometime this month Os 10.1 one will put a stop to it. The Battery Life on this phone makes it to 7am to 5PM when, my HTC made it to maybe 2-3. I haven't notice very much laggy with either device, they are very solid.

Posted via CB10
    goagray likes this.
    07-05-13 08:17 PM
    Well, when I read you are a big email person, it was clear to recommend the Z10.
    -Not on Verizon, but I've not had one reboot since I purchased phone on Feb 5th in Canada.
    - I was not happy with battery until 10.1 update. Plus, I bought the extra battery and charger kit. Could not be happier now.
    - no lag at all on z10. Absolutely perfect. Even with eight apps open at a time.

Good luck with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    goagray likes this.
    07-05-13 11:05 PM
    1) I live in Jamaica, no reboots had the phone for a day, so far so good

2) Battery life good, haven't charged yet and been on it for about 4-5 hours

3) Im just learning to use the phone and I am not sure how to close anything as such I think everything is still open and so far no lagging or freezing.
    goagray likes this.
    07-06-13 12:30 AM
    I can't speak to the reboots as I haven't seen them where I am in Canada and with my carrier sasktel. Like everyone else said, software update is out there that fixed it.

Battery life has been very good for me, nfc on all the time, no lte here though so it's off. With light to medium use during the day, I go home from work with about 65-70% battery life. I am running leaked os 10.1.0.2342.

Have not seen lag on this phone at all! Some apps take time to load, but you can minimize it and do other things while it's loading and there is no lag. It's been stellar!

For what you are listing, the z10 would fulfill your needs nicely. If you don't mind being an involved user you can fairly easily side load Google maps and whatever you want for apps that aren't in blackberry world but are in android.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:49 AM
    1. I'm on Verizon and I do have the reboot issue, but the fix is on its way!
    2. I get 4-6 hours per charge. And that's just the phone sitting idle... I understand the OS update should help battery life, however.
    3. Zero lag. Period. Zero. My wife has a Motorola RAZR M, and while it's a beautiful device, lag is the norm. Literally...
    Not sure what it's like in the USA but over here if your network doesn't have the update, but your mates network does, we simply borrow their sim for an hour and bingo. I'm on O2 but Vodafone get the update first by a couple of weeks so i put a Vodafone sim in, install update, replace my sim and all is well with the world. If you are on Verizon, is there any reason why you can't borrow a Tmo sim from a friend for the update?

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 on O2 UK
    07-06-13 01:18 AM
    If ur on gmail switch to outlook.com it supports exchange active sync for free.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 05:28 AM
    It seems like reboots are not a problem in Canada but they are in the US.
    07-06-13 07:12 AM
    Not sure what it's like in the USA but over here if your network doesn't have the update, but your mates network does, we simply borrow their sim for an hour and bingo. I'm on O2 but Vodafone get the update first by a couple of weeks so i put a Vodafone sim in, install update, replace my sim and all is well with the world. If you are on Verizon, is there any reason why you can't borrow a Tmo sim from a friend for the update?

Yes. In my area (NYC) there isn't a soul around who is on TMO. I literally don't know one person on that carrier Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:15 AM
    1) On T-Mobile experienced one reboot on 10.2 when I was using Play in Poland. No reboots on Orange or T-Mobile at all anymore. They used to happen maybe twice a day usually when it was in my pocket or sitting on my desk and I wasn't using it.

2) Battery life is not awesome but unless I'm using it for GPS not plugged in I always get through a whole day.

3) Android apps have lag. Not all of them but some and usually when an air app is open there's a little stutter. Adobe Reader causes a bit of stutter but nothing really bad. The phone is usually a very smooth experience. Sometimes the new high swipe when keyboard is open makes me feel like it's lagging. HATE that feature.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:33 AM
    Yes. In my area (NYC) there isn't a soul around who is on TMO. I literally don't know one person on that carrier Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's a no go then. However, if you have an unlocked device, it might be worth buying a Tmo sim for $10? Or ordering a Canadian one if they're cheaper. Although i have heard that you can update via Link. I don't have first hand experience of that though.

Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    07-06-13 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Geez really? I'm with VzW right now, and I'm considering switching because they are just too darn expensive! I am actually up here in NJ/NYC area until the end of summer. Would you know anything about the Tmo coverage here? Is it that bad that no one uses it?
    07-06-13 09:45 PM
    Geez really? I'm with VzW right now, and I'm considering switching because they are just too darn expensive! I am actually up here in NJ/NYC area until the end of summer. Would you know anything about the Tmo coverage here? Is it that bad that no one uses it?
    I had T-Mobile previously, I will never use their service again, I was told I would have 3-4 bars in my home, which I did not, so I contacted them and they said the towers were down, they repeatly told me towers would be fixed soon, this went on for weeks. I fit told them I was cancling, they replied 'There will be a fee to cancel' I was infuriated, 300 bucks plus the cost of my phone 699? Not to mention there coverage didn't pick up hardly anywhere I went. I DO NOT RECOMMEND their service!!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:52 PM
    You mentioned staying up to date on the news as a priority of yours. I'm the same way, and the Z10 has some great native news apps (with hub integration for breaking news) such as USA Today, Guardian, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal.

Based on what you're describing, I think the Z10 is the perfect phone. I'm addicted to the Hub, it's perfect for staying productive.

Also I'm currently on VZW and the Z10 plus the 4G LTE network is a great combo. I haven't had any problems with random reboots either (and regardless the soon to be released 10.1 update fixes that concern)

Posted via CB10
    goagray likes this.
    07-06-13 09:55 PM
    I don't think it's bad, I think it's just because in this area (NJ and NYC) there's a Verizon or AT&T store on every street corner... much like Starbucks lol. I would imagine coverage is just fine. TMO just doesn't have the market penetration in this area.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Itstakenovermylife; 07-07-13 at 09:55 AM.
    goagray likes this.
    07-07-13 05:32 AM
    I have found TMobile to be average to poor in coverage around the country. Yes, Verizon is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. I just made the switch prior to buying my Q (and my wife's S4), and Verizon has been so much better. That is why I think TMobile is the only carrier to offer UMA support (direct wifi calling)--it helps to make up for poor coverage.

Posted via CB10
    goagray likes this.
    07-07-13 06:27 AM
41 12