So first, my disclaimer:

This worked for me. I don't know that it will work for anyone else.

Technically there are several reasons a phone may reboot frequently. We may not (and most likely are not)all experiencing the same thing.

Notes:
    -users from all carriers report the issue
    -users on all os flavours see the issue
    -users of all models see the issue
    -only a small subset of users have the problem

What this fixes:
    Users may experience reboots due to hardware failures or failing components. This wont help you.

It also can happen due to bad ram, corrupt hard drives, or anything else that caused a BlackBerry to fail it's internal security checks. This may fix some of those as your device will have a new baseline for security checks after.

Some people believe leaving wifi on or Dev mode on fixes the problem. This may help with those users as well. As Dev mode changes some of your internal os permissions which may overcome an OS issue. This may fix the os issue.

Users who are experiencing the problem due to corrupt OS settings etc will be fixed by this.

Steps:

1-backup Media + Apps,do not backup Settings
    2-backup everything a second time including settings. Why? Sometimes backups corrupt during backup.
    3- wipe your device.
    4- if you can,now is a good time to upgrade to a new OS hybrid,etc.
    5- you should now have a clean OS
    6- load your App+ Media settings only
    7- setup your accounts. Use only must have accounts. Avoid POP accounts.
    8- once complete,reboot

Closing notes:
    This worked for me. No idea who else it will work for.

Other Interesting tidbits:
    Why do your email accounts keep needing reauthorization? Bbry 10 has problems if another device is accessing your email. So if you have an Outlook configured to your Gmail, it will kick your phone off sporadically. Known bug, no fix date set. The only fix is to stop the other system from accessing your account.

Battery life issues? Keep your accounts minimal. Do not use POP email accounts. These require device manual syncing. And turn off wake by gesture. This tells your phone to register potential touches from being near your skin while in your pocket.

Hope it helps some one

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:39 PM
    People have already tried a os reload, hasn't worked.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:42 PM
    People have already tried a os reload, hasn't worked.

Posted via CB10
    It worked for me. Providing I *do not* reload settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:43 PM
    I've thought about this myself, but I feel like there's too much to lose for me in not restoring settings.

Perhaps if I had a detailed list of what "Settings" actually means, I'd feel more comfy trying it.

Really do not like the design of Link. It's like flying blind. No granularity in backup or restore other than 3 general tickboxes. The idea of someone having to restore their entire device just to get back a lost text message is outrageous.
    Aristeian likes this.
    05-24-13 08:53 PM
    Anyone have Microsoft Sync in their car connected via bluetooth?

Anyone try turning bluetooth off?

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    05-24-13 09:04 PM
    This supposed to be the release for Verizon in a month or so.

Supposed to fix many of the issues.

Works for me!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1/index17.html
    KermEd likes this.
    05-24-13 09:55 PM
    I've thought about this myself, but I feel like there's too much to lose for me in not restoring settings.
    My current thought is it could be a corrupt OS setting for me that was causing the problem. Something that triggered security alerts or something to make the OS reboot.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:59 PM
    My current thought is it could be a corrupt OS setting for me that was causing the problem. Something that triggered security alerts or something to make the OS reboot.

I agree with that possibility. One is just not always in the position to re-configure everything from scratch.

It's like the PC vendor whose "solution" to your various problems with their PC is to re-install the OS from scratch.

Or a carpenter that tells you that the only solution to a cracked cabinet in the kitchen is to tear the entire house down to the ground and re-build it from scratch.
    05-25-13 02:36 AM
    Not mean to hijack the thread but searching your sdcard for any files with extensin .dat and .ini and deleting them might help
    05-25-13 02:41 AM

Ahem.
    05-25-13 02:54 AM
    It's like the PC vendor whose "solution" to your various problems with their PC is to re-install the OS from scratch.
    That's true. I've worked at a different Canadian touch company before for many years. They always struggle here with support issues unfortunately...

Hope it doesn't become the fix they suggest

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:56 AM
    This supposed to be the release for Verizon in a month or so.

Supposed to fix many of the issues.

Works for me!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1/index17.html
    In a month or so? WTF so people who won't or don't know how to install a leak will still have the issue for a month or more? That bites.
    05-25-13 09:03 AM
    In a month or so? WTF so people who won't or don't know how to install a leak will still have the issue for a month or more? That bites.

There are many advantages to being a Verizon Wireless customer. Technical service quality is one of those advantages. You rarely get a device that has crap data or voice performance.

One of the disadvantages is that they do a lot of testing on firmware releases to ensure that performance and as a result, you don't get firmware releases as often through VZW as you do on ie the minor carriers/MVNOs. (ie like Virgin or Wind who don't do much testing and mostly release generic builds of the firmware for their customers.)
    05-25-13 04:10 PM
    Never saw a phone with a hard drive before.
    05-25-13 04:23 PM
    Never saw a phone with a hard drive before.
    Good for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:58 PM