uhhhhhhh..........
    where are the "horrible / not what I was expecting" photos??

All these photos look amazing to me...
    Why are there bad reveiws about the Z10 camera???
    Because some people think that a mobile phone should take pictures like a canon eos-1d mark IV.
    01-31-13 06:41 PM
    uhhhhhhh..........
    Very few people will care or realize the quality of their phone photos when they're not comparing them side-by-side to another phone like the blogs do.
    peter9477 and spike12 like this.
    01-31-13 06:56 PM
    What the heck did crackberry do to the pics they posted that looked so bad?
    01-31-13 07:01 PM
    Photo's look good, don't see much issue to be had. If I wanted professional looking photos I sure wouldn't be pulling out my phone, I'd pull out a DSLR. These look great for on the fly photography!
    ctuffy, BernFlo, trynacu2 and 1 others like this.
    01-31-13 07:09 PM
    Photo's look good, don't see much issue to be had. If I wanted professional looking photos I sure wouldn't be pulling out my phone, I'd pull out a DSLR. These look great for on the fly photography!
    I have to agreed with you!. Who ever complains about the camera is does not really understand that if you need high end quality pictures, get a DSLR. A phone has a camera. It may not be the best one but its still good!.
    01-31-13 07:12 PM
    Ok, better than Gizmodo pics... BUT, it's NOT as good as iPhone, or S3, and way behind Lumia 920... what I do NOT GET, is how easy it could have been to fix this, just have to source the same sensor as iPhone from "Sony"! Like duh! They probably got a smaller, NOT back-lit sensor from a cheaper source... my BIGGEST complaint about Z10. Like I wanted my BB to KICK everyone's behind, and unfortunately it won't, would be just on-par...
    You wanted BB10 to be better in every conceivable regard than every other mobile device ever created? Really?

You were setting yourself up for disappointment, and you have only yourself to blame for that. The Z10 is awesome in so many regards, and is easily the match of the other OSs. But there was only so much they could do... It's not like they could make it read your thoughts or something... It's good, but it could only ever exist within certain boundaries of possibilities. The Z10 kicks ***. It's a great device. But it can't be better than everything in every possible regard.
    01-31-13 07:36 PM
    more pls...
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-31-13 08:07 PM
    If I wanted the best camera with a phone....I would buy elsewhere. I want a mobile computing device that keeps me connected, with a decent phone. This phone meets that requirement.
    01-31-13 08:14 PM
    Would love to see this thread updated as more people get their hands on the phone, curious of the results
    peter9477 and NeedMuhBerry like this.
    01-31-13 08:16 PM
    The lighting for this one is a typical bedroom ceiling light with what I assume are two 60W incandescent bulbs. Not the brightest lighting, and I assume the graininess is indicative of that. Not sure what setting I had it on... might have been Night mode. I assume the metadata would show this?

Meet Silver. Even BGR likes kitties, right? ;-)

01-31-13 08:25 PM
    Those pics aren't terrible, but far from great, even for a cell. A bit too much noise, haze, and softness. Not a deal breaker for me since I'm getting a lumia as well, but everyone else's flagships are quite a bit better.
    01-31-13 08:48 PM
    I think these are perfectly suitable pics for a phone.
    01-31-13 08:50 PM
    Looks good! Thanks for posting Peter!
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-31-13 08:56 PM
    I have an S3. Those pics look great to me.
    01-31-13 08:57 PM
    I don't see a recent ;-) thread with this topic and I had a photo to share. For those not familiar with the location, it's the skating rink in front of Toronto City Hall, in what's called Nathan Phillips Square.

I took the shot, hit "Edit" somewhere, randomly slid a couple of slidey things on top of the image to adjust it (I think sepia plus "antique look" or something... I really didn't pay attention), and shared it to Twitter.

Took me maybe 15 seconds and I'd never seen it done before. I think this is the kind of ease-of-use that we were expecting to see with BB10, and it impressed me.

Attachment 133361

(Stray question: can we attach higher-res images here? Looks like CrackBerry downscales this to 800 pixels in one dimension. Hard restriction or changeable?)
    I'm sold... and whatever special effect you applied just turned that picture in to a masterpiece!! I scrolled down and saw the original... That's a keep too... So is the phone. I can't wait to get it now! I was a little down yesterday... but, I'm back up now
    donmateo and meganVee like this.
    01-31-13 09:01 PM
    I think you need to know the right settings to get the quality poeple want just got to work it out.Have to wait til i get mines on sat work his ish out again Im a heavy digi cam user so I even forget phones have camera's on them.
    01-31-13 09:03 PM
    uhhhhhhh..........

All these photos look amazing to me...
    Why are there bad reveiws about the Z10 camera???

Nowadays some people expect a mobile phone to have a better and faster browser than a dedicated PC. They expect a mobile phone to boot faster than a ultrabook with a 550mb/s SSD. They expect the camera to be better under low-light than a Canon EOS 1Dx Mark-III. Its amazing! I am impressed with what I am seeing from the camera of the Z10. The only issue that I have with my 9900 is that the camera can't take pictures up close. With my 9780 I used to take pictures of texts on a book without an issues. Thanks to those who posted pictures that were taken with the Z10
    peter9477, study_lady and BernFlo like this.
    01-31-13 09:15 PM
    Are the "problems" with camera software problems that can be patched or due to bad hardware(sensor,lens)?
    01-31-13 09:33 PM
    The only issue that I have with my 9900 is that the camera can't take pictures up close.
    This little guy is about 2.5" (6cm) from stem to stern, and the lens was about 3.5" (<9cm) away at the time. The depth of focus (is that the term?) must be very shallow (short? small?) at this range since it looks like I managed to get his head in focus by moving the focal square thingy, but his body seems slightly blurry as a result. Should be fine for documents though... I'll try one later if nobody beats me to it.

BlackBerryZ10 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:04 PM
    Wait, maybe I was past some limit where it can't really focus adequately. I backed up barely at all, maybe just over 4" away now, and this looks sharper.

01-31-13 10:09 PM
    can some one take a pic of some text to see how it would work with something like evernote?
    deltadiva2 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:12 PM
    can some one take a pic of some text to see how it would work with something like evernote?
    This image represents about 40% of a regular 8.5"x11" piece of paper (so about 5" by 8.5" as shown), taken in an otherwise dark room with a 13W fluorescent bulb in a desk lamp place just beside the camera. I turned it from the Auto setting to Whiteboard since it looked too yellow otherwise. The lens was about 7-8" away from the paper.

01-31-13 10:38 PM
    By the way, possibly a rather critical piece of info here. Does imgur.com compress the images?

The original image here is 1,052,028 bytes. When I download the one above at full resolution, it saves as 362,196 bytes when saved from Firefox.

Was the advice to host these on imgur.com bad, in terms of maintaining the original quality?
    01-31-13 10:40 PM
    I love my blackberry but I also use a samsung galaxy S2 and by comparison these photos are not good. They seem quite flat and not very sharp. I look for the details in photos, the fine bits. I hope its just software!
    01-31-13 10:41 PM
    typical cell phone camera, will be good enough for pictures of my truck and boat, and summer scenery posted to instagram lol. My ideal phone would be something with an amazing camera. Equal to quality point and shoots out there. But I wasnt expecting that yet. This is why Im hoping a chinese manufacteror licenses BB10 who can produce the hardware much cheaper and blow me away with there phone. Id also love the phone to include the equivalent of a hand held gps unit with offline maps, with the same quality sensors. The 3 pieces of technology I carry while outdoors all in one.
    01-31-13 10:52 PM
9,299 1234 ...