Guys, I truly understand your pain when you found out the Z10 wouldn't be released along with the other countries. Even as a Singaporean who would soon get his, I truly feel for you guys.

But Thorsten said he is aiming to get BB10 going in North America as soon as possible, so there is a genuine hope to hold on to, and not empty promises. At this point, if the phone is coming out in the rest of the world, you know a release in the States is imminent.

Yes, the wait can be grueling, but once the Z10 comes out on all major carriers it will be a far better phone than it was a few weeks ago when people in UK got them. There's going to be more major apps , including Whatsapp, which was confirmed to be released as a native app in March. There's going to be decent clout now that major app developers are taking notice. All the more better for you guys.

Its just a phone and Blackberry phones are going to come out in the future no matter what, so just hang in there. Play that video game you always wanted to, go on more dates... Z10 will be there in the states for sure, and you will be up and running in no time at all.

Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    zyben, Alex_Hong and SDTRMG like this.
    02-25-13 05:29 AM
    I am an American with a Z10. It's just a phone.
    Thanks for the comforting words.
    02-25-13 05:31 AM
    That's awesome I hope to get mine soon and start playing with those nice little games.
    02-25-13 05:35 AM
    I am on Verizon so I couldn't get my hands on one right now even if I wanted to. Us CDMA'ers are left out in the whole business of smuggling Canadian Z10s into the US
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-25-13 05:57 AM
    What about Sprint owners? That would call for it's own "comfort" thread
    raino and Turnda643 like this.
    02-25-13 11:39 AM
    Moved to the Z10 forum!

I'm sorta stuck in the middle myself. I have a Dev Alpha with BB10 software on it. Sure it's cool, but it's not the same, plus it's not on my carrier of choice. I have to actually run around with 2 phones right now. On the plus side I was able to pick up a Win8 phone for my Verizon line to play around with for a month or two while I wait to trade my Dev in for a Verizon Z10.
    Alex_Hong and htcwf like this.
    02-25-13 11:47 AM
    Whats all this about smuggling? is it illegal to have an unlocked z10 in the usa prior to the launch date?
    02-25-13 01:54 PM
    Whats all this about smuggling? is it illegal to have an unlocked z10 in the usa prior to the launch date?
    Sometimes a person's got to do what he has to do.

Alex_Hong likes this.
    02-25-13 02:31 PM
    Well it just passed the fcc today on vzw's band so that's a good sign. I thought all quida was behind this and keeping it from us. Jk but yeah. The fact that the fcc gave it a thumbs up today means something I guess. It means American carriers were lagging it.
    bungaboy, meltbox360 and ctuffy like this.
    02-25-13 02:50 PM
    I'm glad that you feel the pain of all Americans on these message boards and haven't gone into "Americans are self-absorbed, greedy, good for nothing...fat" mode. ^_^
    02-25-13 03:05 PM
    Ditto. But what an awesome phone!

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    02-25-13 03:13 PM
    Moved to the Z10 forum!

I'm sorta stuck in the middle myself. I have a Dev Alpha with BB10 software on it. Sure it's cool, but it's not the same, plus it's not on my carrier of choice. I have to actually run around with 2 phones right now. On the plus side I was able to pick up a Win8 phone for my Verizon line to play around with for a month or two while I wait to trade my Dev in for a Verizon Z10.
    Hahaha I am in the EXACT same position.. Carry my 9930 with me along with my Dev Alpha B, and people stare at me sometimes or question as to why u have two phones. I feel like a drug dealer or something.. I just want to conform my two phones into one. Cmon Verizon!

It is very cool when people come up to me and ask "Omg! Is that the new BlackBerry?!" and rip it out of my hands to see it. Sure, I should be annoyed, but I'm more just happy that people are actually excited and anticipating the Z10 to come to the states.. Instead of getting sh!t for having a BlackBerry, people are actually intrigued by it now.. Such a good feeling

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 03:40 PM
    From what I understand it is now illegal to unlock a phone in the US...not to possess a phone that was unlocked when purchased.
    02-25-13 05:46 PM
    I'm glad that you feel the pain of all Americans on these message boards and haven't gone into "Americans are self-absorbed, greedy, good for nothing...fat" mode. ^_^
    I am lmao at your dp
    02-25-13 05:51 PM
    The Z10 may be disaster when released in the U.S. mid march, because Samsung is releasing it's Galaxy S4 on March 14th, and I highly doubt Samsung will make American customers waiting as long as BlackBerry did. I know some people are going to say it's not BlackBerry's fault, it's the U.S. carriers', but the simple truth is, BlackBerry did not plan the Z10 release properly.
    02-25-13 06:01 PM
    The Z10 may be disaster when released in the U.S. mid march, because Samsung is releasing it's Galaxy S4 on March 14th, and I highly doubt Samsung will make American customers waiting as long as BlackBerry did. I know some people are going to say it's not BlackBerry's fault, it's the U.S. carriers', but the simple truth is, BlackBerry did not plan the Z10 release properly.
    It won't matter, because Blackberry is simply playing a different 'game' than the spec improvements most developers often go for with Android and Iphone.

02-25-13 06:08 PM
    Yes but those spec improvements are burying Blackberry
    02-25-13 06:22 PM
    if that was the case, Blackberry would be a dead brand by now...

02-25-13 06:45 PM
    It won't matter, because Blackberry is simply playing a different 'game' than the spec improvements most developers often go for with Android and Iphone.

What 'game' is BlackBerry playing? IMO the only 'game' BlackBerry should be playing right now is having the BB10 be successful with strong sales and positive feedback from its customers. This dragged on release of the Z10 in the U.S. may be catastrophic to BlackBerry, because they will lose potential customers to Samsung.
    02-25-13 06:52 PM
    The wait might be a good thing for the states it give us a chance to see the kinks and fixes before we get our hands on one. With this site the wait is not so bad as some make it seem.
    02-25-13 06:52 PM
    How did you get your phone?
    02-25-13 07:07 PM
    Yes, BB did drag out the release of the phone. Would I be wrong to think that bot the S3 and S4 came out while BB was creating the Z10?

I'd be curious to know what features the S4 will have though. It's more of a shot to the bow of Apple though. The Z10 operating system is future proof, as long as BB can keep innovating. All they need to do is update that and Z10 users can have anew phone.

02-25-13 07:21 PM
    Moved to the Z10 forum!

I wouldn't mind a Windows Phone myself. The 8X seems good. But I don't want to spend my money on that now. I have my eyes locked on a Z10
    02-25-13 08:26 PM
    whats burying blackberry are the neg post by people who most likely dont have the z10 and are going by what a few people are writing about it. do you realize that out of the 1,000's of phones sold a very small margin are having any issues and the ones that may get lost to samsung are people who dont read these forums in the first place. the phone is a staple in the corporate world and will be for a long time. did you ever try to get your boss to change anything about the business? its not easy. not being rude but why dont we wait and see what happens. in the end its all about choice.
    02-25-13 08:28 PM
    Appreciate the thought but I don't care what apps are there and what bugs there are its still better than my iphone 5
    02-25-13 11:34 PM
31 12