Hi,

I am looking for help relating to an issue I have when accessing a particular website and I am unsure if the issue is related to the website, The Browser on the Z10 or the Z10 itself... I shall try to explain.

I am a photographer and use the Z10 as with several previous Blackberry's to check my emails and also check things out online on various model/photographer websites. Most of these sites have 'worksafe' modes or image filters so that any photographic images with 18+ or adult content can be blocked/turned off if the screen is in public view for instance... It is a user determined filter which can be turned on and off at will. On two of the three sites I use regularly I have no problem enabling the filter if required and disabling it again when I want t view all content, however, on one of the sites called 'PurplePort' I am unable to operate the filter either way and as it defaults to on I am unable to see much of the image content on the site and as such this can limit or delay decisions I want to make about shoots etc.
    I am happy to post the link here if I am allowed?

I contacted my carrier (EE) about the problem and although they spent a while on the line with me trying various things and checking settings the problem could not be solved and they stated it was either a phone setting issue or an issue with the site.

I contacted the site and their support staff stated they use modern web standards and that most mobile devices do not adhere to those standards and that blackberry is one of the worst offenders?... but without having a Z10 to test the problem all they recommended is to try using a different browser on the device.

I also tried on the support forms at Blackberry but have not had any takers for help or advice as such.
    Does anyone have any any answers or constructive ideas re this problem and is it possible to use other browsers with the Z10 (even if just to test out if the site will work if I change browsers) which and where are they available?

Regards and thanks in advance

Ian E
    04-26-13 11:19 AM
    Secure Browser would probably do the trick, it allows you to set UA (user agents), that is it lets you set it to report to web sites that it is up to 11 different browser types. You can also try Chameleon Browser, and Proxy Browser.
    05-04-13 09:55 PM