Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way/app to connect to my home wireless network over wifi with the Z10 and access files, video, etc.

I would love to be able to stream video from my PC directly on my phone...

Thanks !
    03-15-13 04:11 PM
    Not sure about screaming from PC to your phone but there are definitely remote apps you can control files and your laptop from your phone. You can stream videos pictures and music from your phone to your TV with the DLNA feature or the HDMI accessory cable. If you want to wirelessly transfer items between your device then go to the storage and access setting and turn on wireless access and then go into your desktop browser and input //(whatever name assigned) then enter password and you can wirelessly transfer whatever docs photos music you want.

CB10- z10
    03-15-13 04:53 PM
    There are 2 Apps I have for remote accessing my PC.

1) Splashtop streamer (used this on my playbook to stream videos from upstairs (PC) to downstairs (Playbook + hdmi to tv)
    On the Z10, it streams, but the experience is not as good video streaming wise as on the Playbook. Really easy to navigate though, requires you to install software on your computer too in order to connect.

2) Remote Desktop, this seems like more of a true remote connection, as it doesnt require you to install any software, but you will be required to potentially do some port forwarding in the router, and bind your local ip (this is relatively easy from within your router admin panel)

The video streaming is **** on this one, but the plus side is, you can connect to multiple users, which makes it quite powerful.

The Z10 is one mean machine with some potential, much like the Playbook (which was neglected by majority of big name developers AND Blackberry themselves, lets hope the Z10 isn't another Playbook, it probably won't be, but never know)

Below I'm running

2 X remote desktops at once
    a) splashtop
    b) remote desktop

- connected to TWO users on the same windows7 machine

Playing Need for Speed whilst streaming music in the background via the browser (Youtube)

Possible to access PC Network with Z10 ?-remote.jpg
    03-24-13 09:06 AM
    Yes you can with Es File Explorer(android) stream perfect..
    Attached Thumbnails Possible to access PC Network with Z10 ?-img_00000137.jpg   Possible to access PC Network with Z10 ?-img_00000138.jpg  
    03-24-13 09:19 AM
    Yes you can with Es File Explorer(android) stream perfect..
    App runs fine, music streams fine, video just constantly stuck on buffering though:

tried, mp4, mkv, avi

from, 50mb files to 1gb files, no luck.

Any tips?
    03-24-13 09:47 AM
    App runs fine, music streams fine, video just constantly stuck on buffering though:

tried, mp4, mkv, avi

from, 50mb files to 1gb files, no luck.

Any tips?
    Try a different video player. Long press open as. Some of my vids will only play using the android video player. Some don't play on the z10 but work fine on the PlayBook.
    You can always open as video and select browser and download the vids to your phone
    imz likes this.
    03-24-13 10:59 AM