IT policy on Z10?
I have a friend who has a Z10. When he setup his work email on it, an IT policy showed up that forces him to have a device policy. He does not have Balance on his device. How is this possible? I thought Balance was supposed to allow the user control over the device and IT would only lock down the Work section.
Thanks,If this post helped you, please click the "Thanks" buttons.
- 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM #2
He needs to talk to his IT department I think. Ask why they don't have balance.
- 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM #5
Is his employer running a BES10 server, or is his phone contacting an Exchange server through ActiveSync? If it's activesync, it's probably just the standard policy that allows the server to issue a remote wipe command.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. So if I understand correctly any one of his coworkers who connects using ActiveSync even if it is not a Z10 will have to have a device password?
Posted via CB10If this post helped you, please click the "Thanks" buttons.
- 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM #8
- By D_Town in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 7Last Post: 11-14-2009, 06:43 PM
- By gsm4ever in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
- By jasonroscoe in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 06-20-2009, 11:10 PM
- By vinberry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
- By tomvb2000 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2008, 12:51 AM