Hi,

I have updated my z10 to 10.3. If I don't connect to internet (wifi), performance seems ok. However, when I use wifi, it's very slow. I noticed that PMI services would use memory up to 850 Mb, that's a lot of memory. I'm not even playing games. I just open Facebook and browser. WhatsApp and Viber (using Android port because the one on BB World is worse) are running in the background. I have used all these apps and other Android ports on 10.2 without a problem.

I have turned my device off and tried restarting it but still the problem would come back. The biggest disappointment is that the browser would crash/close.

How do I fix this issue?
    03-19-15 06:51 AM
    Hi,

I have updated my z10 to 10.3. If I don't connect to internet (wifi), performance seems ok. However, when I use wifi, it's very slow. I noticed that PMI services would use memory up to 850 Mb, that's a lot of memory. I'm not even playing games. I just open Facebook and browser. WhatsApp and Viber (using Android port because the one on BB World is worse) are running in the background. I have used all these apps and other Android ports on 10.2 without a problem.

I have turned my device off and tried restarting it but still the problem would come back. The biggest disappointment is that the browser would crash/close.

How do I fix this issue?
    Mine PIM memory 80MB.you may try hard reset by long Hold +/- volume button ( ignore screen shot) until BlackBerry appears and than release button.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    03-19-15 07:38 AM
    It's going to take me a day or two to download the apps and configure my phone if I do that aside from asking IT to allow my phone corporate access again. No other possible solution?
    03-19-15 11:59 AM
    That just restarts the phone. It doesn't change or remove anything. Just a different type of restart.
    sam81 likes this.
    03-19-15 12:07 PM
    I tried it (hard reset by long Hold +/- volume button) already but the PMI service is still close to 600 Mb. I did not connect to wifi yet. I'm sure it'll go up once I use apps that need internet connection.
    03-24-15 08:58 AM
    I removed the integration of Evernote and Remember and it seems to solve the problem. I'm not using Remember app for over a month now and I noticed that the PMI memory usage is good, just around 90 to 150 MB. This is probably a BB 10.3 bug.

I also noticed that when my internet connection is slow, the BB 10.3 browser would crash if I have more than 5 tabs opened. I didn't experience browser crash on 10.2 even with slow internet.
    05-13-15 11:28 AM