Hello Everyone, I use my phone (Z10) for business and the word substitution was so amazing. I would type ss and my email address would come up, I would type aw and directions to my garage would come up, I would type 4100 or 4114 or 5100 etc and pages to my website would come up. It was amazing as I didn't need to go to the website, copy the link, paste the link and share in whatsapp or on email via my Z10.

Then it said to update software so I did. At the same time it said to update whatsapp so I did. Since then word substitution isn't working. I've gone to word substitution and ensured it's clicked on. I've also deleted words that are already there and added new ones but they''re not working.

They used to work in Whatsapp, email, BBM etc but now absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know what this could be. I've really had nothing but issues since switching to the Z10 and have had 3 phones replaced under warranty because of issues. Finally one phone was working 75% and now this.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks
    09-15-13 03:41 PM
    Hello Everyone, I use my phone (Z10) for business and the word substitution was so amazing. I would type ss and my email address would come up, I would type aw and directions to my garage would come up, I would type 4100 or 4114 or 5100 etc and pages to my website would come up. It was amazing as I didn't need to go to the website, copy the link, paste the link and share in whatsapp or on email via my Z10.

Then it said to update software so I did. At the same time it said to update whatsapp so I did. Since then word substitution isn't working. I've gone to word substitution and ensured it's clicked on. I've also deleted words that are already there and added new ones but they''re not working.

They used to work in Whatsapp, email, BBM etc but now absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know what this could be. I've really had nothing but issues since switching to the Z10 and have had 3 phones replaced under warranty because of issues. Finally one phone was working 75% and now this.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks
    Try installing the leaks, they work pretty well and almost no bugs. And don't forget to backup everything at first and perform the security wipe after installation. The new leaks are supposed to solve most common issues and, I think, your will be solved too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=849270

From Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    09-15-13 03:49 PM
    I assume you have rebooted the device since the update?

What happens if you turn word sub off, save then turn it on again?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:51 PM
    I assume you have rebooted the device since the update?

What happens if you turn word sub off, save then turn it on again?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I have rebooted, I have removed battery, I have restarted. I have switched off word sub and then rebooted then switched on again, I have switched off and then added new words. Everything I've tried doesn't work. Not sure why after the update of software and update of whatsapp this happened. Since the updates came at the same time, I don't know if it was whatsapp or the software update but the word sub has completely stopped working. Not a single word even the pre-entered BB ones work. Absolutely nothing

This is really a big issue for me as I am getting over 100 whatsapp and BBM messages a day and whereas before I would simply say ss for my email address, now I have to type it out and before I would have to click aw and the directions would come up, now I have to copy and paste over 200 words for directions to my garage. I think I've tried everything but still not sure what the issue could be Please help. Without word sub, I am spending 50% more time on my phone. Thanks so much for replying
    09-15-13 04:08 PM
    Thank you. Is this safe and OK? Or will it alter the BB operating system? Sorry but I do not know much about this tech stuff., Too old
    Try installing the leaks, they work pretty well and almost no bugs. And don't forget to backup everything at first and perform the security wipe after installation. The new leaks are supposed to solve most common issues and, I think, your will be solved too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=849270

From Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    09-15-13 04:17 PM
    Hmm so even in text messages typing something like 'mypin' will not work?

I doubt the problem was caused by whatsapp as it should not alter a system function (word sub).

If doing it even in a text message does not work I would recommend a full backup using BlackBerry Link, wiping your phone then doing a restore.

Hopefully that will work.

I do not recommend installing a leaked version as it is not an official BlackBerry release so it could give you more problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:22 PM
    Thank you. Is this safe and OK? Or will it alter the BB operating system? Sorry but I do not know much about this tech stuff., Too old
    Yes. It really is safe. And pretty hard to wreck your phone completely. Just follow all directions completely.

And yes. The newest leak is very solid. And will prob fix most ur issues. If need be. PM me and I can walk u thru it all.

Just don't give up. As this phone is killer in current 10.2 os.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    09-15-13 04:22 PM

I doubt the problem was caused by whatsapp as it should not alter a system function (word sub).

If doing it even in a text message does not work I would recommend a full backup using BlackBerry Link, wiping your phone then doing a restore.

I do not recommend installing a leaked version as it is not an official BlackBerry release so it could give you more problems.

Posted via CB10
    This is not true. As leaks are straight BlackBerry and as such. Really are no diff then what will be actually released officially. And some are the same exactly as what gets officially sent out

And I have yet to see a leak give more problems then the official releases out there. Saying that. Doesn't mean things can't go wrong. The sane as u just found out with an official update. And FYI. The fixes are basically the same. Backup, wipe phone, r do os installation.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    09-15-13 04:26 PM
    This is not true. As leaks are straight BlackBerry and as such. Really are no diff then what will be actually released officially. And some are the same exactly as what gets officially sent out

And I have yet to see a leak give more problems then the official releases out there. Saying that. Doesn't mean things can't go wrong. The sane as u just found out with an official update. And FYI. The fixes are basically the same. Backup, wipe phone, r do os installation.

Just because they're straight from BlackBerry doesn't mean they're fit for use on consumer devices.

If you have issues with a leak you cannot expect any support from BlackBerry or your carrier and in my opinion there is more chance of coming across issues in a 'leak' than an official carrier tested release.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just checked this., mypin in text works. but since installing the new software update and whatsapp, (specifically after whatsapp), all my word subs stopped working. Didn't really check on the software BBz10 update to see if it was then or on the whatsapp but since the whatsapp for sure without a doubt, the word sub stopped working. That I know for sure. I've deleted word sub words and added them again. I've rebooted, I've tried switching it on and off and nothing. It used to work without issues now after everything I've tried it doesn't work
    09-15-13 05:02 PM
    Just checked this., mypin in text works. but since installing the new software update and whatsapp, (specifically after whatsapp), all my word subs stopped working. Didn't really check on the software BBz10 update to see if it was then or on the whatsapp but since the whatsapp for sure without a doubt, the word sub stopped working. That I know for sure. I've deleted word sub words and added them again. I've rebooted, I've tried switching it on and off and nothing. It used to work without issues now after everything I've tried it doesn't work
    I would do a full back up on BlackBerry Link and then restore the software. After that restore the back up.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:16 AM
    I would do a full back up on BlackBerry Link and then restore the software. After that restore the back up.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Do I go to Link and click back up now? Then how do I restore the software? Thanks
    09-16-13 10:30 AM
    Yes.

To wipe go to settings on your phone, security and privacy then wipe.

After you wipe you restore your backup via Link.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 12:08 PM
    Thank you. Do I go to Link and click back up now? Then how do I restore the software? Thanks
    Plug it into BlackBerry Link and click on your device at the bottom of the window, then click on the gear (settings) icon at the top of the window. Make sure you have it set for a full back up then click on start back up (or whatever it says to initiate it). It will take a while, but wait until it's done. Once it's done, click on Restore Device Software in settings at the bottom of the device settings in BlackBerry Link. Let it finish. Then you can restore your back up if you wish, or start fresh.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 12:46 PM