Hello!
    I did a full back up through Link as I usually do before wiping my phone. Once the wipe was complete, I hooked my phone up to Link for a full restore. When I try to complete a full restore I get a message saying "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again" although Link says my phone is connected.

I read on the forums to try to do a "custom restore" and do each section one at a time. When I tried this it halfway worked. Of the three options in custom restore, "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Data" did restore successfully. When I then tried "Application Data" and it said it successfully transferred, but my application data such as saved games was completely lost, including Clash of Clans. Then when I try to load "Media" I get the same error massage as when trying to do the full restore saying "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again". So one at a time in Custom Restore did not fix my problem.

I am doing this process the same way I have always done it and have never had an issue before. I would like to make sure i have this fixed so I don't run into this again, but for now my main concern is that I completely lost two years of Clash of Clans progress, even though I backed up and restored the same way I always have.

A few notes....
    1. When I try to do a custom restore with only Clash of Clans data it does transfer the game to my phone but all saved progress is lost.
    2. I was having a warranty issue with my Z10. After trying the above process with my old phone, I called Verizon and had them send me a new Z10. When trying the to restore the new Z10 I get the same exact error message. So the phone is not the issue.
    3. I uninstalled and reinstalled all BlackBerry desktop software three times during this process.
    4. I used different USB cords and slots with no difference.
    5. In the lower left hand corner in BlackBerry Link it has the following error message "Unable to save name"....not sure if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!
    02-19-16 04:03 PM
    Hello!
    I did a full back up through Link as I usually do before wiping my phone. Once the wipe was complete, I hooked my phone up to Link for a full restore. When I try to complete a full restore I get a message saying "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again" although Link says my phone is connected.

I read on the forums to try to do a "custom restore" and do each section one at a time. When I tried this it halfway worked. Of the three options in custom restore, "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Data" did restore successfully. When I then tried "Application Data" and it said it successfully transferred, but my application data such as saved games was completely lost, including Clash of Clans. Then when I try to load "Media" I get the same error massage as when trying to do the full restore saying "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again". So one at a time in Custom Restore did not fix my problem.

I am doing this process the same way I have always done it and have never had an issue before. I would like to make sure i have this fixed so I don't run into this again, but for now my main concern is that I completely lost two years of Clash of Clans progress, even though I backed up and restored the same way I always have.

A few notes....
    1. When I try to do a custom restore with only Clash of Clans data it does transfer the game to my phone but all saved progress is lost.
    2. I was having a warranty issue with my Z10. After trying the above process with my old phone, I called Verizon and had them send me a new Z10. When trying the to restore the new Z10 I get the same exact error message. So the phone is not the issue.
    3. I uninstalled and reinstalled all BlackBerry desktop software three times during this process.
    4. I used different USB cords and slots with no difference.
    5. In the lower left hand corner in BlackBerry Link it has the following error message "Unable to save name"....not sure if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!
    Sounds like the backup is corrupted somewhere. If you have an older backup, try that and see if you can get it loaded with no issues. I often had that name saving issue and it didn't seem to be a problem except for once last January.
    02-19-16 08:03 PM
    You need only two pieces of the Link backup for CoC restore.

You need the CoC app of course, plus the "BlackBerry Runtime" component.
    Last edited by conite; 02-19-16 at 10:23 PM.
    02-19-16 10:09 PM
    The runtime actually needs to be restored to transfer the save data.

Also, you should use Cobalts patched apps to allow Google+ login to save your progress online.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    02-19-16 10:13 PM
    Some times changing the path of your backed up data solve it

This problem same as am sufferd
    Do this
    1 open the folder where your backup file saved on PC.
    2 create a folder ( outside that folder from where you copied) and cut paste it.
    3 connect your mobile ( turn off storage access) and turn on device connection
    4 now click on restore button and select the file where you Last copied.

BlackBerry addicted
    02-20-16 01:45 AM
    Hi Fret Madden, thanks for your response!
    I actually tried all of my back up files that i saved over the last 6 months with no luck. The back up files that were previously used to restore my phone do not work now. For some reason it wont load any previous back up file that previously worked...
    02-22-16 07:32 PM
    Hi Puck, thanks for your response...I'm guessing its too late to use Cobalts to help restore if I did not login and save prior to the loss?
    Also, when I do a custom restore of just the applications, it does list "BlackBerry Runtime" and "COC" when running through the loading progress bar, but when the application restore finishes COC is present but wants to start me from the beginning of the game. Is there anything else i can do to make sure BlackBerry Runtime is correctly loaded?
    02-22-16 07:36 PM
    when I do a custom restore of just the applications, it does list "BlackBerry Runtime" and "COC" when running through the loading progress bar, but when the application restore finishes COC is present but wants to start me from the beginning of the game.
    That's all you need to restore CoC. If it's not working, your backup may be corrupted. Try just those two files by themselves and watch what happens.
    02-22-16 08:02 PM
    I tried doing just the two by themselves and am still not getting my saved game back. It wants to start me from day one. I even went back and tried just the two from previous back up files that I used in the past to successfully restore my COC and they did not restore my saved progress. Every time I have used these back up file sin the past they always work. Now the same back up files are not working. Do I have a problem with my run time? I don't use too many android apps, but my saved data on other androids apps doesn't seem to be restoring either, although COC is all i really care about. I have never had this problem before and as I said, when I try the same back up files that previously worked they no longer work. Thank you for your continued help, I really appreciate it!!
    02-23-16 07:07 PM