my blackberry z10 tends to heat up when i run apps especially gaming apps just for a little bit and it heats up alot, is this problem accruing with all z10's or is it just me and is there a solutiuon
    02-16-13 03:14 PM
    Mine does it when watching YouTube and iplayer videos. Lithium ions do run hot so shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Michael

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 03:16 PM
    I've noticed this too when playing some more intensive games for extended periods. Sector Strike comes to mind.

On a good note, I've been shocked how quickly it cools down after I close the game responsible.

02-16-13 03:20 PM
    should see how hot my iphone got after playing asphalt 7, especially in an aluminum case
    02-16-13 03:47 PM
    LTE has a tendancy to heat up the phone alot so if you have it on this could be the source of your problem
    02-16-13 05:11 PM
    do you have it in a case?

the backing of the actual phone is very thin, so you feel a lot of the heat.
    02-16-13 05:15 PM
    As long as it still works it is not overheating. If it does overheat and shut down the device is faulty.
    02-16-13 05:30 PM
    Computers get hot, and unlike a desktop, it has no fans
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-16-13 05:32 PM
    Its like any Phone or Tablet the more instense you are on them, the more hotter it will get.
    02-16-13 05:34 PM
    It's new OS with new system (not using BIS) which just launched 2 weeks ago so battery will take a hit until first carrier's software update is released. Only until then that we can expect consistent battery life, for whole working day.

02-16-13 05:38 PM
    Wow I was using mine with turn by turn navigation and it got smoking hot. I was worried enough to turn off the maps application. I guesd we shouldn't have to worry about this so much after all? No one has experienced damage from this?

02-16-13 07:40 PM
    All the components in the phone generate heat. It's just a question of how hot. If its getting over like 50 degrees celcius than you might have a problem. It they phone isn't shutting down due to being too hot then its not overheating.
    02-16-13 07:43 PM
    My Z10 gets pretty warm sometimes as well, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty normal for such a powerful little computer, especially since it has no real means of cooling itself.
    02-16-13 07:45 PM
    Wow I was using mine with turn by turn navigation and it got smoking hot. I was worried enough to turn off the maps application. I guesd we shouldn't have to worry about this so much after all? No one has experienced damage from this?

If it explodes then you know you have a problem.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-16-13 08:12 PM
    Mine randomly got hot when it was in my leather sleeve /pouch and almost took it down 50% battery life in an hour.
    02-16-13 08:30 PM
    Mine randomly got hot when it was in my leather sleeve /pouch and almost took it down 50% battery life in an hour.
    Turn off nfc and the wake up gestures, most likely wakes up the phone all the time

Posted via CB10
    02-16-13 10:41 PM
    If it explodes then you know you have a problem.
    Mine exploded several times already. Is that bad?
    A couple times I was holding it during the explosion. I feel fine, but upon closer inspection I don't necessarily see all fingers. I think there used to be 5, but I'll have to look for some old photos to double-check.
    02-16-13 11:22 PM
    Mine gets hot sometimes too. Hope this is fine
    02-16-13 11:39 PM
    thanks everyone for your answers, no my device does not shut down only gets very hot, i think they should have had better back case or something, i also had a problem with the battery draining fast the first few days but now it last alot longer maybe after i started using its original charger instead of the torch charger
    02-17-13 03:00 AM
    Just to make sure: You should not burn yourself when you touch the device. If it gets so hot that you cannot hold it in your hand anymore it is faulty.
    02-17-13 03:29 AM
    Some third developers may come out with "Barbeque" apps i.e. you can barbeque using your Z10...

Seriously, it is normal for any electronic devices to heat up a little bit when heavily use or even moderately use... but there should be limitation on this, otherwise it will damage internal parts or worst, it may explode...
    anon(5769499) likes this.
    02-17-13 03:55 AM
    Mine gets a little hot playing Angry Birds and pretty hot when using the Story Maker app (especially if I leave my music running in the background) and gets REALLY hot when using a photo editing app called Paper Camera (which is an amazing app). I do worry about any damage that might be caused due to long term over heating so I tend to come out of the app for a bit to allow the device to cool (which it does very quickly). Let's face it, where there is passion there is fire. On a side note, it is handy feature on these chilly mornings at the bus-stop.
    please help z10 overheating am i the only one-papercamera_130213_203353.jpg
    Image of Plymouth's Barbican Shrimp created on a very sunny but VERY cold day using Paper Camera. My nose might have been cold, but my Z10 holding hand certainly wasn't.
    radlink14 likes this.
    02-17-13 06:56 AM
    Mine gets really hot during games, especially sector strike to the point where I have to take a break for it to cool down.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 07:05 AM
    Mine exploded several times already. Is that bad?
    A couple times I was holding it during the explosion. I feel fine, but upon closer inspection I don't necessarily see all fingers. I think there used to be 5, but I'll have to look for some old photos to double-check.
    omg did you died?
    02-17-13 07:15 AM
    Mine gets really hot during games, especially sector strike to the point where I have to take a break for it to cool down.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto for me on Sector Strike.

Posted from my Z10 with my CB10 app
    02-17-13 08:14 AM
60 123