Hi. Can ayone help me set up the Z10 so it plays music from the mini USB on the phone into a nromal USB on my audio? if I connect the two the phone seems to be trying to load Blackberry Link. Other Crackberry threads have stated that there should be a setting on the settings/storage & access to switch on USB but that is not the case on the latest software on my machine. Thanks John
    01-21-15 02:45 PM
    Hi, your audio system work in AUX mode?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:52 PM
    Hi. Can ayone help me set up the Z10 so it plays music from the mini USB on the phone into a nromal USB on my audio? if I connect the two the phone seems to be trying to load Blackberry Link. Other Crackberry threads have stated that there should be a setting on the settings/storage & access to switch on USB but that is not the case on the latest software on my machine. Thanks John
    First thing - do you have an SD card in your phone?

If so, then you can set your phone to use USB Mass Storage Mode. Your music has to be on the SD card. Then any other device will see it as a standard USB drive, and access it as if it's any other thumb drive.

If you don't have an SD card, then you're out of luck. There is no way to access the built-in internal storage as a Mass Storage Device to outside devices.

To be clear, the USB setting is in the phone's "Settings" > "Storage and Access" > "Access using USB". If you don't see those settings, then you don't have an SD card installed in your phone.
    01-21-15 06:26 PM
    Many thanks for your reply Joel. Looks as if I need to get an SD card. Is it possible to transfer the music from the device to the SD card?

Cheers

John
    01-22-15 03:31 AM
    Since installing 10.3, it seems the internal storage is now accessible as a network - mapped drive in Windows and Mac. This still doesn't help the OP, but is a welcome change from 10.2, if I remember correctly.
    01-22-15 07:03 AM
    Many thanks for your reply Joel. Looks as if I need to get an SD card. Is it possible to transfer the music from the device to the SD card?

Cheers

John
    You sure can. Using the phone's file manager app, you can move files from one location to another. Even between internal and SD card, which would be labeled as "Device" and "Media Card" in the file manager.

With Link installed on a PC, and USB not set to mass storage mode yet, both internal and SD card memory will be seen as separate network drives on the PC - Y:/ for the SD, and Z:/ for the internal memory, and you can use the PC file manager to move, copy, rename folders, copy from PC, whatever you please. But once you're done, then set it to mass storage mode before connecting it to your system.

When mass storage mode is turned on, the PC would then only see the SD card and label it as "Removable drive" like any other thumb/flash drive. File transfers are faster, but there is no access to the internal memory at all.

I don't know if your audio system would expect music to be in a certain folder structure or not, but you can create that structure however you want beforehand.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:12 AM
    If your audio amplifier has an MP3 input then you can just use a 3.5mm double female end, if not then the AUX input you can use RCA - 3.5mm cable and run the play list from the phone.

These cables are about $6 each, I always carry a pair of them when traveling and I also use them for my ZUNE.

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    01-22-15 07:46 AM