Anyone find a way to pin an often used picture or document as an icon on the main page, like was possible on os7?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:44 PM
    I don't believe that is possible. At least I could not find an options after poking around a bit.
    04-18-13 10:03 AM
    I honestly don't remember seeing an option to do so with BBOS7 but I do not see it either on Z10.
    04-18-13 11:01 AM
    Yes it was easy on os7. For example, I had a screen shot of my Starbucks bar code pinned to the main page as an image icon... from image viewer there is a menu option "add to home screen " on os7

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:40 PM
    You may want to peruse BB World for some 3rd party apps that allow you to create icons / home screen shortcuts.
    I don't use it, but I think ShortCutMe may do this.

There are a couple apps that store a "wallet" of loyalty cards that I know of: FidMe and Spotcast.
    (I had CardStar on BBOS; don't think it's out for BB10.)
    I had downloaded both, but never opened. I just set up both right now to see how they work, but obviously haven't had time to play.

FidMe is an Android port and a little cumbersome. After the slow setup and learning curve to understand its UI, I easily added my Air Miles card as a test. Unfortunately I'm not seeing a barcode for it when opened though. Not sure why, but I'll check later.

I don't understand the loyalty cards section of Spotcast. Select Loyalty Cards and it asks for the number first, not type of card. I though, "Wow, that's smart. Maybe it tries to auto-detect card type." Unfortunately I type in my Air Miles card number and I just back the response that it's invalid. No options. Wha? Anyway, I'll investigate more later.
    04-18-13 06:53 PM