With the new Z10 I noticed that pictures sent through BBM, are poor quality. Is there a way to change this? For example, I took a screenshot from my device and sent it to my friend. It looked crisp and fine on my device but this is what she got:
    Pictures sent on BBM low quality. HOW to change?-unclear.jpg

I also noticed that BBM display pictures appear unclear and fuzzy.

Anyone know how to send high quality pics by default? and I am not sure about the BBM DPs but when try changing your DP to something with text and you'll know what I mean.
    02-17-13 04:40 AM
    Hi theHK

Check this article out from yesterday
    http://crackberry.com/how-request-hi...-blackberry-10

Not sure what this translates to with older devices but might be the answer you're looking for?

The old BIS network would compress data sent over it (like BBM pictures for example) to make the network more efficient and data friendly. I'm finding on my BBM group that pictures I'm posting up sometimes look bad with blotchy colours etc.

Posted via CB10
    SHOBOKSHY likes this.
    02-17-13 04:48 AM
    Hi theHK

Check this article out from yesterday
    How to request high quality images over BBM on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Not sure what this translates to with older devices but might be the answer you're looking for?

The old BIS network would compress data sent over it (like BBM pictures for example) to make the network more efficient and data friendly. I'm finding on my BBM group that pictures I'm posting up sometimes look bad with blotchy colours etc.

Posted via CB10
    Hi! I saw that article but I actually meant the other way around (sending High Quality pics) from the Z10, not receiving them.

On Blackberry OS7 and previous versions there was an option on the BBM menu to choose the default quality of the pictures you send as I recall.
    02-17-13 05:31 AM
    Your friend would have to request the high quality version from you I'm guessing?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 06:36 AM