Suddenly my pictures taken on the z10 are un viewable. I can see them in folder but click and they go black with a dunny symbol and can't do anything with them. Some are on and some not, it's random and they are all taken on the phone camera. Tried battery pull but no use, any ideas?

Posted via my splendid Z10
    03-31-14 07:28 AM
    Suddenly my pictures taken on the z10 are un viewable. I can see them in folder but click and they go black with a dunny symbol and can't do anything with them. Some are on and some not, it's random and they are all taken on the phone camera. Tried battery pull but no use, any ideas?

Look forward to an answer, this just happened to someone I know yesterday. I couldn't figure it out for them.

A generic icon (no small image preview) displays in file manager in the Device camera folder but opening the picture app the pics were no where to be found.
    03-31-14 08:53 AM
    When I try to set it as a background it says file format unsupported or not recognized! Even though it's a jpg same as the other photos. It's now done it with a music album I downloaded from BlackBerry World. Very annoying, is the phone malfunctioning?

03-31-14 03:06 PM
    Mine was doing similar thing yesterday and today. I had taken several pictures yesterday morning while at my mothers and then made the 5 hour drive home. I could not even find the photos after getting home. I restarted the phone to no avail. Then just a few minutes ago I restarted the phone using the volume up and down button holding until the phone went to the colored Icon. After several minutes I accessed the photo folder where my photos generally are and they were not there then I noticed my data card was syncing. I let it sync and walla, the pictures are now there in recent photos. I had even taken some pictures here in the office before the reboot that would not show up in the recent folder and now they are there. Not sure this will help but at least I found my lost photos!
    03-31-14 03:18 PM
    Thanks for that, didn't know you could restart that way. Tried it but still same problem! Thanks anyway.

03-31-14 04:44 PM
    I'm struggling with the same issue too. I have a 64Gb C10 SD card in it (no name), so this might be the cause. For me, it started suddenly and I don't know what to do - maybe I'm gonna switch to a branded hi-quality card (maybe Samsung or SanDisk), or go back to 32Gb.

I can see the thumbnails in the gallery too, but when I send it them via Bluetooth to my other phone, or via USB onto my computer, neither of them can recognize the data. Pics, videos are the same.
    03-31-14 10:15 PM
    Might want to run your sd card through h2testw make sure is what it says it is

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:18 PM
    It's possible that your microSD card is formatted to exFAT, try to format it on a PC to FAT32 before inserting to the phone. This has helped me with the same problem, no issues ever since. To format some cards to FAT32 you might need a software tool, there are several free ones available on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-01-14 02:25 AM
    Happened to me before and I couldn't even recover the images. found the reason to be a corrupt micro SD card.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:50 AM
    It's possible that your microSD card is formatted to exFAT, try to format it on a PC to FAT32 before inserting to the phone. This has helped me with the same problem, no issues ever since. To format some cards to FAT32 you might need a software tool, there are several free ones available on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    Tool I used was

guiformat.exe

found on web.
    04-01-14 08:58 AM
    The SD card 64gb has been in since July, the problems have just started though? Perhaps I will try a new SD. Will also try viewing the pics on my PlayBook via Dropbox. See if that makes a difference, not using the SD.
    Cheers

04-01-14 10:35 AM
    I had to return my SD card, because I was able format it only in the Z10, and the issues remained. Windows couldn't see the card properly, identified it as 1Mb, and was unable to format it at the end. Guiformat couldn't open it either...
    04-02-14 05:03 PM
    Had this card since July now it's not letting me view any photos since last two weeks. Think it's corrupted. Have ordered a new one.

04-06-14 06:57 AM