Was just thinking how much I like the picture password on BlackBerry.

I was thinking that it could be made even more secure by adding an option for more than one picture. So each time you unlock the phone it wouldn't be the same picture it could be one of several pictures you've pre-selected.

Another option might be to use two pictures each time. After you put the number in the right place on the first picture another picture will come up and you need to place the number correctly there too for the phone to unlock.

Just some options I was thinking about.

What do you guys think?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    unleashed_ric likes this.
    04-23-14 09:17 AM
    I like the pic. password also, altho' I do currently just have the number version on my Z30.

I think it's fine as it is. If I pre-set, say, 5 different pictures with a digit positioned password, it'd take me long enough to remember them all, by which time I'd want a different 5...

I think having the option of number or pic password is sufficient.
    04-23-14 09:33 AM
    Was just thinking how much I like the picture password on BlackBerry.

I was thinking that it could be made even more secure by adding an option for more than one picture. So each time you unlock the phone it wouldn't be the same picture it could be one of several pictures you've pre-selected.

Another option might be to use two pictures each time. After you put the number in the right place on the first picture another picture will come up and you need to place the number correctly there too for the phone to unlock.

Just some options I was thinking about.

What do you guys think?

Too much work for convenience. I don't mind the first idea but people being people would get confused, forget their password and blame BlackBerry for not getting their **** together

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-23-14 09:33 AM
    2 numbers in one picture is considered OK.
    but having two pictures? nah.... takes more time to unlock which beats the purpose of easy and fast of unlocking phone.
    bluepearls likes this.
    04-23-14 10:00 AM
    I haven't actually used the picture password. Does it work like the picture password on Windows 8?

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-23-14 10:06 AM
    We don't need to make it any slower OP
    04-23-14 10:07 AM
    While more security can be a good thing, some of us (well, ME) already have our minds stuffed to the gills. I have enough trouble with my current crop of passwords. But as an option - sure, why not.
    04-23-14 10:27 AM
    We don't need to make it any slower OP
    Slower? I don't think it would change the speed. Particularly option 1.

04-23-14 10:32 AM
    I haven't actually used the picture password. Does it work like the picture password on Windows 8?

By linking the pre-selected number to a designated location on the picture.
    The beauty of it, U don't have to drag the number but instead move the frame of numbers and see your number match to the selected spot.

As such....

Picture Password-img_20140423_231801.png

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    04-23-14 10:51 AM
    By linking the pre-selected number to a designated location on the picture.
    The beauty of it, U don't have to drag the number but instead move the frame of numbers and see your number match to the selected spot.

As such....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140423_231801.png 
Views:	1390 
Size:	347.5 KB 
ID:	265119

Just tried it...my God that's the biggest pain in the @ss I've ever seen! You first need to look around for your number and then you need to be ever so *exact* with your placement. If you're off half a mm then it'll reject it.

04-23-14 11:26 AM
    Just tried it...my God that's the biggest pain in the @ss I've ever seen! You first need to look around for your number and then you need to be ever so *exact* with your placement. If you're off half a mm then it'll reject it.

Dude.. what are you talking about.
    You don't have to be EXACTLY on the right spot... and I've never been on the exact spot most of the time.
    And I've been using it since it's available.
    And it took me about a second or two to unlock my phone. And it doesn't worry me if I have to unlock my phone in front of ten strangers. I just do it. They won't get where I put the number.

And by the way, it don't reject if you missed the spot. It will show the balance U have before it prompt you to enter normal password.

04-23-14 11:45 AM
    Dude.. what are you talking about.
    You don't have to be EXACTLY on the right spot... and I've never been on the exact spot most of the time.
    And I've been using it since it's available.
    And it took me about a second or two to unlock my phone. And it doesn't worry me if I have to unlock my phone in front of ten strangers. I just do it. They won't get where I put the number.

And by the way, it don't reject if you missed the spot. It will show the balance U have before it prompt you to enter normal password.

When I used it, it would reject it unless it was on the exact spot. It couldn't be near, it had to be exact. I even chose one of the default pictures with the windows as a reference to try it out. I had it right on the window, and I had to do 5 tries before it got it. When I said "reject" I meant it would tell you to try again. I thought that was clear. If it works for you, then fine. I think it's a pain
    04-23-14 11:48 AM
    When I used it, it would reject it unless it was on the exact spot. It couldn't be near, it had to be exact. I even chose one of the default pictures with the windows as a reference to try it out. I had it right on the window, and I had to do 5 tries before it got it. When I said "reject" I meant it would tell you to try again. I thought that was clear. If it works for you, then fine. I think it's a pain
    A major trick is to place your finger on ANOTHER number (not necessarily close to your number) so you are not covering your number and then slide the grid around. Your number can be offset by a certain amount and still work. I did find it took some getting use to and I did need a picture that allowed me to remember close to the correct spot.
    04-23-14 12:02 PM
    The trick is, is not to put your finger on the # you want, just anywhere on the screen and move the block of numbers until one of your chosen number is on your spot.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 12:05 PM
    I wish the numbers were colored so I could find my chosen number easier. 3/4 of my time was spent looking for my number.

Posted via Z10
    04-23-14 12:08 PM
    You are doing it wrong then. Don't put your finger over the number. The degree of error is definitely greater than half a mm.

If you can't find your number, I find purposely getting the first try rejected helps.
    04-23-14 12:12 PM
    You are doing it wrong then. Don't put your finger over the number. The degree of error is definitely greater than half a mm.

If you can't find your number, I find purposely getting the first try rejected helps.
    My finger wasn't over the number

04-23-14 12:22 PM
    This is good enough;

Picture Password-screen-lock.png

Posted via ZedTen
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    04-23-14 12:23 PM
    I was out to dinner last night with some friends. One person saw me unlock my phone with picture password and asked "What is that?!" and "How did you do that?" I said this is a Blackberry Z10. It's the built into the OS. It got them really interested in other features of the phone.
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-23-14 01:35 PM
    I like it the way it is right now. What I do now is alternate the two different picture passwords I have on my Z10 and Z30 once every other week or so.
    04-23-14 02:29 PM
    If you think picture password is a big mess you are either doing it wrong or using the wrong picture. End of story. I can even unlock mine without paying attention

vgorous and AcADIeN like this.
    04-23-14 02:45 PM
    Yeah it's not very hard. I just wished my works IT policy recognizes it so I could use that feature!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:50 PM
    I dunno it seems to be either easy or hard, depending who's using it or what model.

On my wife's Q5, we gave up because it was way too precise and would constantly reject unless it was *exactly* correct so there was no way to unlock the phone quickly and she was about to throw it out the window.
    04-23-14 03:21 PM
    Doesn't have to be the exact spot, there is a buffer zone, try an image that has a circle or something small, put the number inside it and practice with that picture, after you get the visual idea of the buffer zone set your final image and set it again.

Also, don't put the finger over the number put it close by and drag the hole number grid, is easier that way because your finger doesn't cover the number you want, most people don't know that you don't need to put the finger over the number.

I used this feature since available without a problem, my wife never could use it, now she has learned to unlock my phone and gets the idea but she still prefers the short password.
    04-23-14 03:37 PM
    I dunno it seems to be either easy or hard, depending who's using it or what model.

On my wife's Q5, we gave up because it was way too precise and would constantly reject unless it was *exactly* correct so there was no way to unlock the phone quickly and she was about to throw it out the window.
    I guess maybe harder on the Q, but with the zee devices, it's easy

04-23-14 03:37 PM
39 12