hey... not sure if this is covered on another thread.. if so.. I can't find it. So I'm looking for some help/advice, this is what I did...

my memory card was getting full so I wanted to get some pictures off to clear up some space, so I pulled the memory card and inserted it into my home PC, and proceeded to Cut the files from the Card and pasted them onto my hard drive. (yes I should have used BB Link or Copied and pasted, but I didn't). I tried opening them on the PC (Windows) and Windows Photo Viewer gave me the message "Can't open this picture because photo viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to photo viewer"... I thought OK, I'll put them back on my z10 , so I copied them back to the camera folder on the Memory Card, but now they only appear as a blacked out icon. So bottom line is I now can not open these pictures anyplace...

any suggestions on what is going on? or how to open these pictures? I've tried rebooting & a battery pull. I thought perhaps it had to do with memory card encryptions...

I'm running a z10 (STL-100-3) and 10.2.1.2102...

thanks in advance !!!!!
    05-12-14 09:14 AM
    I assume that if you pulled the card and put it in the computer.... there is no memory card encryption.

Sound more like an issue with Windows, you "CUT" something and windows thinks you "PASTED" it.

Many times that info is still in the clipboard on your computer, if you have a clipboard viewer installed and have not rebooted. There are programs you can use to recover files from an unencrypted media card.
    05-12-14 10:03 AM
    While Scalemaster mentioned ENCRYPTION, you did not rule it out. Did you encrypt internal-memory/sdcard? If so, that could be the initial problem. And I don't know enough about encryption, if so, to know how the z10 reacts to copy/paste and back again.
    05-12-14 03:25 PM
    thanks. when i reinserted the memory card, it prompted me that the memory card would be encrypted in 5 minutes, which lead me to think it may be an encryption issues. it would also confirm why i couldn't open it on my PC. and might explain why i cant open on my z10, if it doesn;t recognize the encryption ... I guess i'll keep looking for a solution.
    05-12-14 06:23 PM