I made a post earlier of what was going on with my Z10 and had to send it in for repair. My carrier told me BBRY doesn't do device replacements, I had to send it to an Authorized Service Centre.

I got the Z10 about 3 weeks ago. I get home open it up and sync it with blackberry link. All of the music didn't want to sync at once, I kept getting the "some items were not synced". I clicked sync again and the same process repeated itself a couple times. But everything eventually synced and I was as happy as a clam (with the exception that there was not outlook sync).

Everything was going great until I decided the encrypt the memory card. The phone starts the process, but abruptly shuts off. This was my first instance of the random reboot. Since that day, I would leave the Z10 to charge in bedside mode, only to find it not in bedside mode in the morning with all of my apps closed, probably because it would reboot during the night.

The battery life has always been terrible, even after the 10.1 ... .273 update. The phone would give me the low battery message at the end of the day. I'm not even a heavy user, a couple texts, maybe a single phone call and 20 minutes of web browsing. I only leave the weather app open when the phone is not in use. I followed all the suggestions to improve battery life (email sync at every 24 hours, screen at 10% brightness, all sideloaded apps deleted, turn off wifi when not using it,). Afterwards, there was still no noticeable change. My carrier doesn't offer LTE, so I never had the option to disable LTE, only 4G/3G/2G or 4G/3G.

Up until this point I never complained, hoping all of my problems would be fixed with the latest update. That was until a couple days ago, I came to get my phone and noticed it was at the bb circle booting up. I let it finish loading, except it would not go past 98% and the phone started overheating. I tried every single kind of reboot (press power button/press and hold power button for very long/battery pulls) and it kept getting stuck at the 96-98% range.

I took it to my carrier (Wind) who tried to reset the phone, but had no luck with it and put me on a waiting list because BBRY had not told them whether they should replace the phones or send them for repair (wut?).

I took my phone back home and somehow after a couple of attempts was able to restore the OS by using the BlackBerry update website. Yay, except all the data on the phone was erased, which made all the data on my memory card useless as well (it was encrypted and the phone was now unable to decypt it). I performed a security wipe, then I restored a back up file and downloaded my apps again.

I tried to sync my music using blackberry link and it synced too well. I have around ~18 GB of music, Link synced 35 GB of music onto my phone and duplicated 800 songs on my computer. I synced again and it deleted the extra 17 GB on my phone overnight.

The next day everything was working well, the only difference I noticed was the battery drained even faster than before and the contacts app kept lagging (I would press a letter on the side and it would lag before showing the new contacts). Other than that, everything worked like before.

The next day (yesterday), after opening messaged in Hub, they would still be displayed as unread. I ignored it until later that day Hub refused to open anything at all (texts and facebook messages). I decided to restart the phone to fix the problem. When it got to the blue bb loading screen, it took a very long time, so I left it overnight to finish loading whilst attached to the charger. Today, I find the phone is stuck at 98% again! I took it back to my carrier who said BBRY said to send the phone in for repair, they would not replaced the device .
    Went to pick it up yesterday and everything was working fine until today I noticed the phone's screen changed to the "Connect to Computer" screen (I wasn't using it, it was sitting on the table). Using blackberry link to restore the OS, the LED started flashing green and link told me the restore failed ("Unspecified error encountered").

The Z10 would still not boot up (tried long press restart and battery pull). Decided to do a restore from the BBRY update website and it was able to detect the device but also had an error when trying to reload the OS. The LED started flashing red and nothing else would work.

Took it back to my carrier who told me BBRY would not replace the device over the counter and I would have to send it in again for repair. Left with no other choice I told them to send back the phone I picked up yesterday from being repaired to get repaired again.

The worst part is BBRY doesn't provide any direct method of contacting them for technical support. (Twitter and a support forum run by volunteers don't count)
    07-07-13 03:36 PM
    I made a post earlier of what was going on with my Z10 and had to send it in for repair. My carrier told me BBRY doesn't do device replacements, I had to send it to an Authorized Service Centre.

Went to pick it up yesterday and everything was working fine until today I noticed the phone's screen changed to the "Connect to Computer" screen (I wasn't using it, it was sitting on the table). Using blackberry link to restore the OS, the LED started flashing green and link told me the restore failed ("Unspecified error encountered").

The Z10 would still not boot up (tried long press restart and battery pull). Decided to do a restore from the BBRY update website and it was able to detect the device but also had an error when trying to reload the OS. The LED started flashing red and nothing else would work.

Took it back to my carrier who told me BBRY would not replace the device over the counter and I would have to send it in again for repair. Left with no other choice I told them to send back the phone I picked up yesterday from being repaired to get repaired again.

The worst part is BBRY doesn't provide any direct method of contacting them for technical support. (Twitter and a support forum run by volunteers don't count)
    Damn, that really sucks. So sorry to hear about this.

While I can't offer any advice. I hope you get this sorted (as in, get a new device).

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:44 PM

And that, in a nutshell, is why my Z10 is in a box at work after trading it in for an iPhone 5.

BB needs to learn proper customer support from Apple. You would have walked in with a bricked iPhone and walked out with a new phone. No excuse for 2 repairs 4 months in.
    07-07-13 04:47 PM
    They absolutely do provide direct support to the end-user, but through the carrier. Your carrier should be giving you the 800 technical support number to BlackBerry. In any case, it's not a hardware issue you have, but OS problem. And you should know that if you encrypt your media card and lose or trash your phone, your media card will no longer work until you format it, meaning you will lose everything on the card, unless you have it backed up to your computer.
    07-07-13 04:50 PM
    WOW! glad i sold my z10
    07-07-13 04:51 PM
    This is one of the problems all phone makers have after you buy it and something happens your in limbo of who or where you should go to get it fixed this is where apple has everyone beat you go in with a problem and they replace your phone without hassle. I know because my wife had a problem with her iphone and got a replacment a half hour later no beating around the bush.
    07-07-13 05:44 PM
    This is why I'm considering getting an iPhone 6 not 5s

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:56 PM
    Imo the z10 is the best out right now hands down BUT apples customer service is elite no one else can say they offer what they do.
    blackswagg likes this.
    07-07-13 06:01 PM
    it's a good thing my berry is flawless otherwise I would have not kept it for that long....that is what I did in the time of Storm....Phone has to work for the price paid......
    07-07-13 06:11 PM
    OP, Wind doesn't offer replacement under warranty? That's total bs if they don't.

Say what you want about vzw, but they always sent out advance replacements for defective devices.
    07-07-13 06:24 PM
    I am no expert, but perhaps the first time you backedup, your OS was corrupted. Whenever you try to restore it through Link, it corrupts the repaired phone?
    07-07-13 06:25 PM
    I love my z10 but I've replaced it once for a speaker issue and it cost me $35 to get a "new" one FedEx'd to me. The "new" one is a refurbished but has been fine. It amazes me that this is normal practice for BlackBerry and Samsung as well I'm told. Phones are not cheap, and getting a used one within a month of purchase is unacceptable. I've only ever owned an iPhone, so to me, service is definitely Apples strongest suit.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:26 PM
    I love my z10 but I've replaced it once for a speaker issue and it cost me $35 to get a "new" one FedEx'd to me. The "new" one is a refurbished but has been fine. It amazes me that this is normal practice for BlackBerry and Samsung as well I'm told. Phones are not cheap, and getting a used one within a month of purchase is unacceptable. I've only ever owned an iPhone, so to me, service is definitely Apples strongest suit.

Posted via CB10
    Customer Service, ecosystem,a stable well written os, aftermarket add ons and build quality is all apples strong suit.

Blackberrys strong suit is... umm... well... movie maker is cool if you have BB10

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:03 PM
    Customer Service, ecosystem,a stable well written os, aftermarket add ons and build quality is all apples strong suit.

Blackberrys strong suit is... umm... well... movie maker is cool if you have BB10

Posted via CB10
    You forgot time shift camera. Not very helpful in most business situations, but my girlfriends daughter thought it was cool. No app for her iphone 5!

Have to say I'm pretty shocked at how poor the customer service is from the carriers and bb. BlackBerry could easily provide the carriers with replacement devices for warranty replacement. Would be money well spent earning loyalty rather than giving away a bunch of limited edition phones
    07-07-13 07:16 PM
    I'm with Wind as well, just give up on any customer service from them.

They used to be good... 3 years ago.

Now I give them my money and pay for my service and that's it. No more interaction.

They do not fix phones, they send then to local shops that anyone can walk into.

You're better off paying out of pocket yourself, or learning how to fix it, because Wind has no customer service whatsoever.

At least walk into a corporate store if you do.

Otherwise, I'd like to report that I've had my Wind Z10 since the day they started selling it with no issues.

Aside from my gps never working right, but like I said, I wouldn't take it back to them, most likely I would have never gotten my phone back.

Posted in the pooper
    07-07-13 07:18 PM
    Oh, also, keep in mind that anyone with a phone, including the Z10 on Wind is going to have worse battery life.

The frequency they use is very high, with poor indoor penetration, which means you can have up to 25% lower battery life due to signal issues

(depending on how much you use your phone and where, signal strength and all that)

Posted in the pooper
    07-07-13 07:22 PM
    You forgot time shift camera. Not very helpful in most business situations, but my girlfriends daughter thought it was cool. No app for her iphone 5!
    Yes time shift is cool, but it's owned by Nokia now

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:34 PM
    They absolutely do provide direct support to the end-user, but through the carrier. Your carrier should be giving you the 800 technical support number to BlackBerry. In any case, it's not a hardware issue you have, but OS problem. And you should know that if you encrypt your media card and lose or trash your phone, your media card will no longer work until you format it, meaning you will lose everything on the card, unless you have it backed up to your computer.
    I was given an 800 number when I picked up my phone yesterday, turns out that number is for the PlayBook support, not for phones. I'm not worried about losing the data that was on the memory card because it was just stuff I have on my computer anyways.

OP, Wind doesn't offer replacement under warranty? That's total bs if they don't.

Say what you want about vzw, but they always sent out advance replacements for defective devices.
    They told me multiple times that it's at the discretion of the Authorized Service Provider for BBRY whether they "repair" it or issue a replacement device. Doesn't look like too much repairing went on last time.

I am no expert, but perhaps the first time you backedup, your OS was corrupted. Whenever you try to restore it through Link, it corrupts the repaired phone?
    Sorry for the confusion, if I said I tried to restore it via link, I meant using the reload OS option.
    07-07-13 07:48 PM
    There's a reason why WIND is so much cheaper than the major carriers.... and you're finding it out now.

Poor signal strength (battery drain)
    Poor support .. other carriers will give you the BB support 800 number or contact them
    Other carriers will give you a loaner phone if yours is shipped away.
    07-07-13 07:49 PM
    And that, in a nutshell, is why my Z10 is in a box at work after trading it in for an iPhone 5.

BB needs to learn proper customer support from Apple. You would have walked in with a bricked iPhone and walked out with a new phone. No excuse for 2 repairs 4 months in.
    And you are in the phone business too! This is why my wife's new phone is an Iphone 5 ... no troubles so far touch wood. Not to say that Apple does not build the odd lemon but all of my Apple devices still work.
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-07-13 10:29 PM
    Yep.

BB is in no condition to be treating customers the way I got treated.
    07-07-13 10:34 PM
    There's a reason why WIND is so much cheaper than the major carriers.... and you're finding it out now.

Poor signal strength (battery drain)
    Poor support .. other carriers will give you the BB support 800 number or contact them
    Other carriers will give you a loaner phone if yours is shipped away.
    I've been with WIND for 3 years using a 9700 and I've had no issues except for the occasional poor signal. I was offered a loaner phone, but I declined (I'll continue to use my 9700).

If anyone has the 800 number, can you please PM it or post it in this thread? It would be greatly appreciated.
    07-07-13 10:58 PM
    Wow!! So much for customer service. I will stick with Apple! I have had every device Apple has made. Every iPhone, every iPad, iPad mini, 3 powerbooks, one MacBook Air, and I have had zero problems ever, zilch, nada, none! I had great service with all of them.

My previous BB experience on all devices has been battery pulls, reboots, hour glass, and crashes. I had really hoped BB had its act together, it appears it hasn't by a long shot. They should have brought in American expertise to help the sinking ship.
    07-07-13 11:41 PM
    Wow!! So much for customer service. I will stick with Apple! I have had every device Apple has made. Every iPhone, every iPad, iPad mini, 3 powerbooks, one MacBook Air, and I have had zero problems ever, zilch, nada, none! I had great service with all of them.

My previous BB experience on all devices has been battery pulls, reboots, hour glass, and crashes. I had really hoped BB had its act together, it appears it hasn't by a long shot. They should have brought in American expertise to help the sinking ship.
    There are plenty of American companies in trouble. I hate nationalistic crap from anybody. Which companies caused all the recent economic problems? American banks with their loose regulations.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    Rowan M and reeneebob like this.
    07-07-13 11:53 PM
    It seems like Google and Apple are doing pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    07-08-13 12:06 AM
33 12