I prefer the z10 pictures 100%
    LOL, I prefer z10, not so much its pictures
    02-03-13 04:37 PM
    Profissinal'm not shooting but never saw a phone motorola, lg or blackberry take pictures like that of an iphone 4s even after 300 update softaware

Was so easy so make a good camera .. sony, nokia, samsung and apple would not spend billions in research and quality components.
    Put a hardware bum and then solved problems only with software update.
    02-03-13 04:40 PM
    except that Apple, Nokia and Samsung have managed to put high quality lenses and hardware in their phones. How is it that BB couldn't?
    Because you are comparing apples to black berries?

You have a 9 billion company competing with 500 billion company, are you really expecting the Z10 being better in every single aspect that you can think of?

No one will buy the Z10 for the camera, they are buying for the OS.
    02-03-13 04:46 PM
    except that Apple, Nokia and Samsung have managed to put high quality lenses and hardware in their phones. How is it that BB couldn't?
    Easy answer, priorities and cost.

It is considered good camera. For me, that is good enough. The winning point for BB, is UX. Time shift is interesting, the integrated photo editor is interesting too. Somehow, like Nintendo products:. User experience sets apart from the rest (yes, i have a 3DS, Wii, WiiU and a dusty PS3)!

If you want good pictures, get a good camera... Leica, Nikon, Canon, Sony alfa series, etc. Sorry for being so stubern, but for me everything else is just FB quality.
    02-03-13 04:55 PM
    The Iphone takes better pix then the Z10. Its really that simple. Not really a reason to not get a phone. For most people, if you dont have that iphone 5 or whatever phone image next to it, they will be perfectly content with how the picture looks. Lets be real. Most people are only putting these pictures on facebook.

Now if you are the type that wants to blow up the picture and print them, etc etc, then yes you would have a problem with the Z10 camera. That is the minority though.
    I can absolutely see situations where I might want to print a picture taken with a phone. I have taken pictures with my SGIII that are absolutely print worthy.

I cannot believe that anyone would make a case for mediocrity when a precedent has been set for excellence. If a Lumia can take the pics it takes, so can a BB.
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-03-13 05:04 PM

It is considered good camera. For me, that is good enough. The winning point for BB, is UX. Time shift is interesting, the integrated photo editor is interesting too. Somehow, like Nintendo products:. User experience sets apart from the rest (yes, i have a 3DS, Wii, WiiU and a dusty PS3)!

If you want good pictures, get a good camera... Leica, Nikon, Canon, Sony alfa series, etc. Sorry for being so stubern, but for me everything else is just FB quality.
    I've got a camera. I've got a Nikon d80 with some excellent lenses. I also have a Nikon point and shoot.

I am not about to carry my dslr everywhere I go, but I do carry my phones everywhere I go. And there are times when, getting out of the Metro in DC, I see an opportunity for a picture of the Capitol building....why should I miss that shot? All those effects and editing opportunities cannot make up for a mediocre picture. A pig with lipstick is still a pig.
    shinerb likes this.
    02-03-13 05:09 PM
    The Z10 pics look better only with the last filter...blackberry colored glasses! I've got mine on!
    02-03-13 05:18 PM
    To the OP - thanks for doing this.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    02-03-13 05:24 PM
    [QUOTE=rapha194;7928573]Top phone can not depend on Instagram and photoshop/QUOTE]

Those are two products that are not in the same league. ;-) But agree with your point
    02-03-13 05:28 PM
    I've got a camera. I've got a Nikon d80 with some excellent lenses. I also have a Nikon point and shoot.

I am not about to carry my dslr everywhere I go, but I do carry my phones everywhere I go. And there are times when, getting out of the Metro in DC, I see an opportunity for a picture of the Capitol building....why should I miss that shot? All those effects and editing opportunities cannot make up for a mediocre picture. A pig with lipstick is still a pig.
    If you have a D80 with good glass, than you understand my thesis. You may consider a mirrorless with a pancake lenses, small enough to fit in a pocket or purse :-) I love mine :-)

From what i have read, the complains are with bad Light conditions. Perhaps in most other conditions , Z10 has 'print' quality. Anyone has printed Z10 photos?
    02-03-13 05:32 PM
    This was one of the dumbest threads I have ever read. Hey I took a few pictures and they look different. Yup, are the settings the same? Umm, well, no. Did it not strike anyone as funny that the iphone 5 picture with flash is actually darker than the one without? Seems a bit wierd, don't you think?
    undone and peter9477 like this.
    02-03-13 05:37 PM
    these responses are absurd. seemingly a great number of respondents say that a great picture is necessary. if pictures are THAT important, buy a damn camera that takes great pictures. because before the first mobile phone to offer a camera was available, NO one complained about what they didn't have. all of a sudden, you cannot live without a phone that doesn't take print worthy pictures. WTF?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? apparently the problem doesn't lie with the Z10's inability to take editorial type pictures (matter of opinion), it lies with most of you LOOKING for a reason NOT to like the phone. I guarantee if it's NOT the camera, it WILL be something else. and since that's the case, please go back to the Lumia, iphone, or whatever else it is that takes these magnificent pictures you so desperately need, yet fail to give you in most other aspects of a "smart" phone. and if you're a die hard BB fan like some of you claim (or at least that's what your actions say by being a part of the Crackberry community), wait to see what the company will do with the phone and it's camera. and if you're tired of waiting, go to a company that doesn't make you wait. I'm so tired of people nit picking the damn phone. IT'S A PHONE!!!!!!!!! it's not your lover. it doesn't make you breakfast in the morning or f**k you when you're horny. IT'S A PHONE!!!!! a man made, infallible device. if you don't want to invest your hard earned money in the product due to it's lack of all things perfect, DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE YOUR OWN!!!!! NOTHING, and I assure you, NOTHING in this world will EVER meet 100% of your needs...and that includes the Z10 and it's "sub-par" camera. someone even said they don't want to carry around a camera, even though pictures are their "priority". well how about this...you carry a purse don't you? stick the damn CAMERA, along with the PHONE, in your purse. everything else is in there, right?

btw...the camera comment wasn't just geared toward women, it includes the men that are complaining about the phone as well. this s**t is ridiculous.
    BKbehave, BB10FTW, Gla1ze and 3 others like this.
    02-03-13 05:45 PM
    If you have a D80 with good glass, than you understand my thesis. You may consider a mirrorless with a pancake lenses, small enough to fit in a pocket or purse :-) I love mine :-)

From what i have read, the complains are with bad Light conditions. Perhaps in most other conditions , Z10 has 'print' quality. Anyone has printed Z10 photos?
    I understand your viewpoint but I don't think you understand mine....premier cameras with good optics and good lenses are available today. BB should have taken a cue from those manufacturers who *are* using them.

I can't wait for the phone. I'm hoping the substandard pictures are aberrations and not true to the device's capabilities.
    02-03-13 05:48 PM
    these responses are absurd. seemingly a great number of respondents say that a great picture is necessary. if pictures are THAT important, buy a damn camera that takes great pictures. because before the first mobile phone to offer a camera was available, NO one complained about what they didn't have. all of a sudden, you cannot live without a phone that doesn't take print worthy pictures. WTF?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? apparently the problem doesn't lie with the Z10's inability to take editorial type pictures (matter of opinion), it lies with most of you LOOKING for a reason NOT to like the phone. I guarantee if it's NOT the camera, it WILL be something else. and since that's the case, please go back to the Lumia, iphone, or whatever else it is that takes these magnificent pictures you so desperately need, yet fail to give you in most other aspects of a "smart" phone. and if you're a die hard BB fan like some of you claim (or at least that's what your actions say by being a part of the Crackberry community), wait to see what the company will do with the phone and it's camera. and if you're tired of waiting, go to a company that doesn't make you wait. I'm so tired of people nit picking the damn phone. IT'S A PHONE!!!!!!!!! it's not your lover. it doesn't make you breakfast in the morning or f**k you when you're horny. IT'S A PHONE!!!!! a man made, infallible device. if you don't want to invest your hard earned money in the product due to it's lack of all things perfect, DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE YOUR OWN!!!!! NOTHING, and I assure you, NOTHING in this world will EVER meet 100% of your needs...and that includes the Z10 and it's "sub-par" camera. someone even said they don't want to carry around a camera, even though pictures are their "priority". well how about this...you carry a purse don't you? stick the damn CAMERA, along with the PHONE, in your purse. everything else is in there, right?

btw...the camera comment wasn't just geared toward women, it includes the men that are complaining about the phone as well. this s**t is ridiculous.
    And this post utilises a canon to kill a housefly. There were loads of nuances in the discussion which I believe you might have missed.

Let me point one out.....since other manufacturers have set a precedent for excellent cameras in their phones, BB should do the same. This, along with other features in today's flaship phones, are functionalities that BB must meet and excel in order to stay competitive and take back the one milion subscribers it lost last quarter.
    mikeo007 and Creaulx like this.
    02-03-13 05:52 PM
    BB fans always had apologized. Before saying that camera or web browser was not essential for a corporate product. (As an entrepreneur did not matter of taking good quality pictures .. or even have a decent internet browsing).

Now that Blackberry makes a product to compete with Aple, android and Co. ... what's the excuse?

A message for the osuarios a company that defends its deficiency. Mr. doing evil for this company.

There are people who pretend not to call evolution.

But these are people who said that was unnecessary ... dual core dual core use today and tomorrow will want a quad core.
    The same people who said they would not need a camera better than blackberry curve ... today we find that one crappy camera.

If the world had only People who like mediocrity, today we would not have to evolution.
    'd Be using today flip phone with 1MP .... tv .... TUBE video cassette .... Pentium 386 and dial-up Internet.
    02-03-13 05:54 PM
    And this post utilises a canon to kill a housefly. There were loads of nuances in the discussion which I believe you might have missed.

Let me point one out.....since other manufacturers have set a precedent for excellent cameras in their phones, BB should do the same. This, along with other features in today's flaship phones, are functionalities that BB must meet and excel in order to stay competitive and take back the one milion subscribers it lost last quarter.
    OK, So what is your point of comparison. Look at the photos carefully. Doesn't it strike you as odd that iPhone5 pictures are darker with a flash. Is this the anti-flash or something? And your explanation for this is what? I'll give you a hint, the defaults settings are different!!!!!!!!. This is a discussion that went no where.
    02-03-13 06:01 PM
    BB fans always had apologized. Before saying that camera or web browser was not essential for a corporate product. (As an entrepreneur did not matter of taking good quality pictures .. or even have a decent internet browsing).

Now that Blackberry makes a product to compete with Aple, android and Co. ... what's the excuse?

A message for the osuarios a company that defends its deficiency. Mr. doing evil for this company.

There are people who pretend not to call evolution.

But these are people who said that was unnecessary ... dual core dual core use today and tomorrow will want a quad core.
    The same people who said they would not need a camera better than blackberry curve ... today we find that one crappy camera.

If the world had only People who like mediocrity, today we would not have to evolution.
    'd Be using today flip phone with 1MP .... tv .... TUBE video cassette .... Pentium 386 and dial-up Internet.
    You do know that RIM was the first of the major smartphone makers to have a browser.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-03-13 06:02 PM
    OK, So what is your point of comparison. Look at the photos carefully. Doesn't it strike you as odd that iPhone5 pictures are darker with a flash. Is this the anti-flash or something? And your explanation for this is what? The defaults settings are different. It's not rocket science.
    I could not guess as to the reason. I will get a Z10 and I will test it against my iPhone 4S and my SGIII.

I agree....it's not rocket science. The pictures that I have seen on this thread of the Z10 are inferior to the pictures I have seen of the iPhone. To try to guess as to why is irrelevant. Only the OP knows the settings used, and I'm not going to second guess.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-03-13 06:05 PM
    Are you sure about that? I'm not sure how many times I've had to disable it for friends because they were running out of memory because of the huge picture files they were taking thanks to HDR.
    The iPhone camera has HDR off by default, for obvious reasons. No one takes all their pictures with HDR on, unless they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Additionally, the iPhone pictures are larger because Apple doesn't compress their images as much. JPEG is a compressed format. RIM may compress their images more than Apple and Samsung and HTC. That also affects image quality, BTW.
    02-03-13 06:06 PM

and you REALLY believe a camera will accomplish that? again...if a camera is THAT important, buy one. this thread was about a phones' camera not measuring up to another phones' camera. what other nuances were to be missed? just because the responses to the thread veered in another direction doesn't mean my comment missed the mark. a camera is merely ONE aspect of the phone. if yours, or anyone else's for that matter, cons list outweighs the pros list...then this is not the phone for you or them. btw...perhaps the other phone companies that have managed to "perfect" their cameras is a good explanation as to why they've failed to "perfect" anything else about their platforms, except being simple
    Gla1ze likes this.
    02-03-13 06:08 PM
    WhatsAPP and InstaGram On Z10 Its Workin ?
    brunolovesbrit likes this.
    02-03-13 06:13 PM
    and you REALLY believe a camera will accomplish that? again...if a camera is THAT important, buy one. this thread was about a phones' camera not measuring up to another phones' camera. what other nuances were to be missed? just because the responses to the thread veered in another direction doesn't mean my comment missed the mark. a camera is merely ONE aspect of the phone. if yours, or anyone else's for that matter, cons list outweighs the pros list...then this is not the phone for you or them
    You missed my point again....let me state it again. I do not want to carry a camera. I've got cameras.

This thread is a comparison of pictures taken with two different phones. The response from people who feel the camera is good enough is to buy a camera. This misses the point that flagship devices with whom BB is competing have superior cameras. I am making the argument that BB needs to match or excel those cameras.

And I will decide for myself what is the proper phone for me. But more to the point....BB should give no consumer any reason to choose another phone. And they did.
    lorax1284 and ssbtech like this.
    02-03-13 06:14 PM

It's considered a mediocre camera because too many others have devices with factorably better cameras for people who actually care about the camera on their phones:

Apple
    Samsung
    Sony
    HTC
    Nokia

All have better camera phones than the Z10 and all their phones run OSes with better ecosystems than Blackberry's. It's just one more bulletpoint where another device is better. It's one thing to have the OS need some work, but when you cripple it with hardware that is inferior to another device (especially something as critical as the camera, and yes the camera is critical to a metric ton of users) you start marketing the competition's device by extension.

What would you say if Apple or Samsung (or HTC, Sony, or Nokia) made a commercial displaying how superior their camera was, using the Z10 as an example of an inferior device and aired it during the Super Bowl? Would you just tell them they were holding the camera wrong or had grease on the lense (like someone suggested in another thread, laughably)?
    02-03-13 06:17 PM
    The iPhone photos clearly looks better in all the sets you posted, in MHO. The Z10 photos look soft, grainy and muddy. The whites are not white and the blacks are not black. So far I'm very disappointed with the quality of Z10 photos I have seen posted on this website, but then again, it's a smart phone and not a smart camera. For quality photos I always count on my trusty cameras.
    02-03-13 06:18 PM
    I can absolutely see situations where I might want to print a picture taken with a phone. I have taken pictures with my SGIII that are absolutely print worthy.

I cannot believe that anyone would make a case for mediocrity when a precedent has been set for excellence. If a Lumia can take the pics it takes, so can a BB.
    A BB can't take the pics a Lumia takes because Nokia's Pureview technology (esp on the software side) is super patented and they aren't about to license it to Blackberry to compete against them with it.

Also that stuff with Scalado that RIM was working on... Nokia bought Scalado as well, so they'll likely have to do much of that themselves once that existing deal runs out.
    02-03-13 06:19 PM
281 ... 23456 ...