- 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM #251Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM #253
- 02-05-2013, 07:59 PM #254
Re: Photo tests between other phones & Z10 in same conditions
So I looked it up and the iPhone 5 aperture is rated at F2.4. The closer to 0 the better.
- 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM #255
Photo tests between other phones & Z10 in same conditions
Most cellphone cameras have plastic optics as well and the quality control isn't the same as it is on larger cameras. And even when you have a lot of light coming in the size of the individual photo sites (photodiodes) impacts quality. Larger photo sites means less noise. But it also means fewer pixels you can fit on the same size silicon. Thus you end up with tiny 10+ megapixel sensors that are very noisy. An other thing to be aware of is that you can take that 10 megapixel image and super sample it down to a lower but less noisy pixel count (noise is error, error decreases by the square root of the number of samples). The pureview 808 with its 41 megapixel sensor does this when producing 5 megapixel images.
So the numbers that you should put together are both the aperture and the side of the photo sites on the sensor and then as a secondary number how many photo sites and the size of them on the sensor and then for some sensors (eg foevon) number or photodiodes per photo site.
Then also consider the materials making up the optical stack.
- 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM #257
- 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM #259
- 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM #260
I'm more of an audiophile than a photography expert. To me, my favorite camera was the Canon AE-1 programmable with auto wind. To this day I prefer analog to digital in most things. So With that in mind, I am giving my wn personal preference of which photo I think has truest color, white balance, brightness and detail.Ad Lucem
- 02-07-2013, 06:48 AM #263
Last edited by Snazy; 02-07-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: more info
- CrackBerry User
02-07-2013, 06:57 AM #264
- 55 Posts
- 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM #265
I didn't read back through this but CNET's article makes me feel much better about the Z10 camera. In thi sarticle, it comes what I read as a close second to the iPhone.
BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET BlogsNothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
- 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM #266
I hesitate to ask this question but this seems like a friendly enough thread to do so. Will the time-shift feature work on pets? I have no idea about the technical features or what makes it work. Most of my pictures are of my dogs. I can't play with it for a month or so (live in the US so waiting for March ). Just kind of wondering. Thanks in advance for not flaming me.
- 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM #267
Time Shift works on the whole picture of individuals faces through face recognition
Don't think it will see an animal face but will try with a dog now lol
- 02-07-2013, 02:12 PM #268
Ok verdict is in, nope doesn't work on the dogs, tried 20 various shots.
The time shift for the whole frame is fine but no facial recognition
- 02-07-2013, 05:19 PM #273
- By jayman2 in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 17Last Post: 02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
- By pawscal in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 13Last Post: 11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
- By Chaldo in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
- By CrazEtooN in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 06-16-2008, 05:40 PM
- By BgDM in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2008, 09:57 AM