Just been in a Phones4U store, not sure if it was just because they have pulled the devices from the display.
    The assistant wondered why I would want a BlackBerry, ( I was asking about the Z30 ) until I showed him how I use the HUB for business and he sees why I choose BB10. I may have even given him a an education in BB10.

It's not helping really BB when store staff have this mindset to selling you something you don't actually want or need. But that's sales I guess.

Just thought I would share this.
    10-08-13 05:19 AM
    Most UK shop assistants I came across had this attitude from launch. I witnessed a few people who asked about the new BlackBerry being slightly ridiculed and directed to
    Samsung devices.

A few weeks ago I was buying my gf a Sony Android. I got into a BlackBerry vs android chat with him. We flopped our phones out on the table. Ok, his was bigger, but I pwned him with my Z10.

Then he started whinging about apps so I laughed and called him a poosy.

Still, he got a good sale out of me so I left him in a state of happy impotence.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    newcollector and sanjk1 like this.
    10-08-13 05:45 AM
    I had this the other day in Northampton when I asked about the Z30. I got told that "We don't sell them anymore, BlackBerry don't exist they have been sold" and then "Why does it have to be a BlackBerry". I asked him if BlackBerry doesn't exist, then why have they just launched a new phone which you will be selling at the end of the month? He then backtracked and said "not sold yet".

The real reason these people have attitudes about BlackBerry?:

Lack of commission - Having spoken in depth to employees at the store, they got far more commission by pushing iPhones and Samsung's at people which ends up taking over their need to "do whats in the customers interest", and replaces it with a "what makes me more money". Sure it gets more sales for Phones4U but people get phones they might not have gone in for. When someone who has used BlackBerry all comes in and says I'm not sure what to get next, surely you'd say well you are familiar with BlackBerry's have you seen the new ones? Net me get some and I'll give you a demo....no its..yeh BlackBerry aren't that great anymore, let me get you a phone I make more money on that might not be the best fit for you...

BlackBerry could do with incentives for employees to actually push there devices and nothing works better than a bit of cash for doing so!
    10-08-13 06:55 AM
    It didn't happen to me when I was looking 4 the Z10 in the shops. I visited 2 different shops and in both the salesman told me that Z10 was an impressive smartphone, something new that I had to taste.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:01 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry has ever realized that one key to marketing is incentivising the point of sale. They have needed to put spiff money in the hands of the salespeople for selling a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-08-13 10:04 AM
    Sales people don't want to sell a phone that they think the customer may be unhappy with. The high level of returns and lack of ecozone/app structure means that everyday regular customers will be less happy with a z10.

If someone is insistent on a keyboard phone then I could see the need for the Q10 but really other than that why would a sales person sell a z10 over the Samsung, iPhone 5s or a HTC one etc......
    10-08-13 11:39 AM
    I have to add something here. I totally agree. I went into a local att store and they had one BlackBerry out for show. I had to ask about the z10 and they brought it out from the BACK room. What? He said, "they want the q10 out so I had no room for this one" uhhhh... but you have room for 3 iPhone? come on! This really rubbed me the wrong way. So yes, I agree.... how is this helping BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:42 AM

Lack of commission - Having spoken in depth to employees at the store, they got far more commission by pushing iPhones and Samsung's at people which ends up taking over their need to "do whats in the customers interest", and replaces it with a "what makes me more money". Sure it gets more sales for Phones4U but people get phones they might not have gone in for. When someone who has used BlackBerry all comes in and says I'm not sure what to get next, surely you'd say well you are familiar with BlackBerry's have you seen the new ones? Net me get some and I'll give you a demo....no its..yeh BlackBerry aren't that great anymore, let me get you a phone I make more money on that might not be the best fit for you...

BlackBerry could do with incentives for employees to actually push there devices and nothing works better than a bit of cash for doing so!
    Unlikely its any lack of incentive sales programs since BB also offers these programs (most companies do...including running shoes companies etc -- remember that next time you get told how much better the Asics are than the Mizunos!)

Its more likely that the high level of returns or complaints from users, and bad reviews are scaring the sales people away.
    10-08-13 11:45 AM
    My T-Mobile rep was actually very positive when talking about the Z10. I visited once to choose a phone, and then returned to actually purchase it. As I was purchasing my phone, some sales rep (don't remember if it was the same one or another. I'd forgotten his face by then) was talking am older man to get the Z10! Lol. The man bought it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-08-13 02:14 PM