Hello everybody,

My BB Z10 has only 3 months of use and since the begging I have been having some problems. One I put it down or pick it up in a sudden move it suddenly turns off. Lately its been happening without even touching it.

at the begging I though it could be a problem of connection with the batery but now I think it could be related with the software or with some of the apps. I have the latest version of OS and I haven�t download many apps really.

Any ideas wht the problem might be?
    Does anyone had some similar issues?

All help will be really appreciated!
    10-07-15 10:14 AM
    As the Z10 has a removable battery, pull out the battery and inspect the contacts on the battery and on the device. Clean if needed.
    WARNING: The battery internals contains Lithium metal, which can ignite violently if exposed to water or moisture. If the battery package is cracked or broken or there is rupture of the cells, handle with care and replace with a new one immediately. It is OK to clean off the outside of the battery packaging with something damp and dry it right away, but a fire/explosion hazard if water/moisture makes contact with the internal Lithium metal.
    Use extreme caution.
    Put the battery back in and check for any play that could allow the battery to move a bit while in the device, the movement may be enough to break the connection momentarily, which would instantly shut off the device.
    Some have reported they were able to correct this by using a bit of a business card to "wedge" the battery into a tighter fit.
    See if this corrects the random power off issue.
    10-07-15 10:35 AM
    I had a similar problem with my Q10. I took a staple, folded it up and propped it against the battery casing to shore up the battery and make sure that it was snug and wouldn't shuffle around. Once I did that...it never happened again, even if it was put down hard.

Since going to the Z10, I just did that by default and I've never had a problem with it.

Posted via Z10
    10-07-15 12:59 PM
    Thank you very much!
    I will definitely try your recomendations.
    10-08-15 12:13 PM
    Thank you, I added a piece of business card to make the battery tighter! Hopefully it will work!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-08-15 12:14 PM
    Could be a bad battery too. Had that problem with an old battery, and shimming it didn't help. Switched for a new one, and no problem.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-10-15 09:01 PM