Hi, I have only had one Blackberry ever which is the pearl 9105 which I have been using for two years now. Its a good little phone but wanting to make the upgrade to BB10. I have never had a touchscreen like the Z10 or a Qwerty like the Q10. Which phone do you reckon I should choose, I can see the benefits of both. Impressed with the Z10 but think Q10 could have the better build and battery life. Gonna be a hard call!
    02-09-13 06:15 PM
    This will be a personal choice for you. Both the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 will be better for you by leaps and bounds than your Pearl 9105. From top of my head, here are the main pros for going from BlackBerry Pearl in relation to both Z10 and Q10:

Z10:
    - it is a bit lighter and feels lighter: as both devices are significantly heavier than your Pearl (93 grams vs. 138 grams vs. 139 grams), every gram might count if you like your phone as svelte as possible
    - bigger screen: you probably don't use the web as much as you could and you might really enjoy the bigger screen
    - onscreen keyboard: as you're already used to SureType rather than a standard keyboard, the excellent touch keyboard on the Z10 might be enough of an improvement for you

Q10:
    - it's more solid and looks a bit more high end: you've already mentioned the solid build this as a benefit and if you're going for looks, the Q10 will probably be more stunning
    - AMOLED display: the display is smaller but should "pop" even more than the Z10 as it's AMOLED as opposed to IPS LCD and as you're used to a smaller screen, the 3.1-inch, high-resolution screen may be enough of an improvement for you over your Pearl for you
    - more similar to the Pearl: the Q10 is more like a traditional BlackBerry than the Z10, which may matter a lot to you
    - real keyboard: if you type a lot, the Q10 will give you the best keyboarding experience bar none while still giving you the modern BlackBerry 10 OS

Again, this will probably come down to your personal preferences rather than any recommendation. To see a comparison between all three device models mentioned here based on the pre-release specs for BlackBerry Q10, please go to:
    BlackBerry Pearl 9105 vs BlackBerry Z10 vs BlackBerry Q10 - Phone specs comparison
    Welcome to CrackBerry and thanks for considering getting a BlackBerry 10 device!!!
    02-09-13 06:26 PM