Phone dialing keypad tones
Is there a way to silence the sound when dialing a number?
Picked up the z10 a couple of weeks back, great phone but I am having a couple of issues.
Main one being I can't get it to work properly with my parrot ck3000. Anybody got any ideas?
- 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM #4
There is no way to disable the DTMF tones. The reason for this is that there are still many systems out there that have auto responders that need these tones. Its easier to stop complaints about the tones, than to deal with complaints that the handset does not work with automated systems.
Dammed if you do, dammed I you don't!
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM #5
- 121 Posts
Not sure if I agree with you on this. I currently have a droid incredible and Im in a business that I call the airlines quite often thus going through many phone systems with automated systems. My phone has no issue going through the menus without the tones. I also use my wife's iphone and same thing...no tones = no problem getting through the system.
- 03-18-2013, 04:44 PM #7
I should also add that I know at least three charities' in the UK that have voice mail systems that need these to understand the key depressed through the tone made. Should BlackBerry have put this in as an option, maybe but as a first generation handset I do not consider this a big deal.
- 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM #11
The thing about my droid, is that it sends the DTMF tone to the phone system, it just does not send it to the ear piece. Nice actually.Samsung Galaxy SIII
** Any BlackBerry TS recommendations are from memory and only provided as reference.
- By Badbird2000 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 09-25-2009, 03:30 PM
- By bwphoto in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 14Last Post: 09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
- By hypnotik126 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 11-10-2007, 12:45 PM
- By somthinsim in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2007, 06:44 AM
- By mcskeeto in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:11 AM