I would think, if a company like Blackberry made their phones available in different colors this would be interesting for the customers. I realize production cost would be higher. Mostly women and artistic type people like phones that are not black. Many would go for blue, red, yellow, green, and etc. I know people who buy color gel and plastic cases to put their phones in to. My wife likes her white Blackberry. But, if she could have it in pink she would have gone for it.
    02-25-13 03:59 AM
    sell you my red developer edition... current standing offer is $2500
    02-25-13 11:32 AM
    sell you my red developer edition... current standing offer is $2500
    I may be wrong, but I don't think he's stating he wants to pay 2,500 for a new one. I think he's suggesting BlackBerry would widen their market. Also, if he's willing to spend 800 odd unlike many, I doubt he'd want to go any further.
    02-25-13 12:11 PM
    My wife is always lamenting the lack of "pretty dresses" for her BlackBerry. She is jealous of the designer covers that are everywhere for iphone, but can't stand to type on one.
    02-25-13 01:47 PM
    I would think, if a company like Blackberry made their phones available in different colors this would be interesting for the customers. I realize production cost would be higher. Mostly women and artistic type people like phones that are not black. Many would go for blue, red, yellow, green, and etc. I know people who buy color gel and plastic cases to put their phones in to. My wife likes her white Blackberry. But, if she could have it in pink she would have gone for it.
    The issue is not so much the production costs as it is the vastly increased complexity of the logistics with carriers probably erring on the side of caution on all variants out of a fear of being left with an unpopular colour and with them having no clear indicators of demand for bb10 devices this would have been an especially difficult issue for them.

Also, the purpose of any additional colours would be to increase sales so unless an extra colour would lead to a significant increase in sales then it simply doesn't make much sense, even in your example your wife still bought a device anyway so offering it in pink would not have been a gained sale.
    02-25-13 02:13 PM
    Whilst i dont think we will see Blackberry releasing anymore different coloured Z10s or Q10s, they may do so at a later date for the Curve variant, as we have seen with the legacy Curves. However i wouldnt be surprised if we saw Blackberry releasing different colored backs for the Z10, so people could create different colour combinations like the Crackberry Oreo we saw a while ago.

However i do still think the Black Z10 is the nicest looking phone ive seen in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-25-13 02:34 PM
    get it painted outside professionally, probably $100
    02-25-13 02:55 PM
    Whilst i dont think we will see Blackberry releasing anymore different coloured Z10s or Q10s, they may do so at a later date for the Curve variant, as we have seen with the legacy Curves. However i wouldnt be surprised if we saw Blackberry releasing different colored backs for the Z10, so people could create different colour combinations like the Crackberry Oreo we saw a while ago.

However i do still think the Black Z10 is the nicest looking phone ive seen in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    There will be third party companies doing this soon enough. With the right mixture, you can create a mould using the back cover on the Z10, and continue to make back covers with that mould and then paint them in any colour, and sell them on. Simple!
    02-25-13 04:49 PM