Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jstarett
  • 1 Post By DocGo
  • 2 Post By Shao128
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Petition to have CB10 developers work for BlackBerry for a couple of months!

Now they have finished creating the masterpiece that is CB10, I propose BlackBerry hires them to start from scratch and redesign several of their apps.

If you look in blackberry world, some of the lowest rated 'big name' apps have "Research in Motion" listed as the developer. And they are awful apps. I'm thinking of Facebook (hundreds of reviews, only 2* average); Google Talk (113 reviews, only 2 1/2*); yahoo messenger (44 reviews, 2*); bbm with 3*, bridge with 2 1/2*.

I don't understand how bbry did such a poor job with some of these apps, they've had longer with hands on access to the new OS than every other developer, more resources, and they built the OS so know exactly what it can do.

So yeah, Team Crackberry, you've built possibly one of the best apps in blackberry world, now go make some more! Please. Lol

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    In my pants.

I find the rating system to be highly inaccurate majority of the time. Too many times I have seen people give a poor rating because of their own failures to read the description correctly or don't fully understand how to work the app.
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.2.1.2941
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: SOLD
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Petition to have CB10 developers work for BlackBerry for a couple of months!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1363315749.941067.jpg
    With the red pouch case.
    BB Z30 on Rogers
    (Nexus 5 as back up phone)
    DocGo

2 Cor 12:9
    bluetroll likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jstarett View Post
    I find the rating system to be highly inaccurate majority of the time. Too many times I have seen people give a poor rating because of their own failures to read the description correctly or don't fully understand how to work the app.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jstarett View Post
    It's obviously not the most accurate, but Facebook has 2 stars, and that is deserved. The app is much worse than on my 18 month old 9900. Google talk and yahoo messenger are worse than the OS7 versions etc. My point is look what the Crackberry team came up with, and then look at the mediocrity that the BlackBerry team came up with, and they've had way way longer to get it right.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I like this idea.

Posted via CB10
    Former iPhone owner; currently loving my BlackBerry Z10 and PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

CB10 is smooth and easy to flow, compared those RIM apps

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask!! i,ll bbm if i like ye !!

Cb 10 is most definitely by a long way best app.so far
    DAVESHIZ BB Z10 -BB PLAYBOOK -iIPHONE5S
    Away over to the dark side for a wee while

USING CB10 ON MY Z10
    Jeezo 500 posts already!!!
    CrackBerry User

And why do not create a development team from this forum? I think there are a lot of good avid programmers here and thirsty to make cool apps (I include myself). Just saying.
    CrackBerry Abuser

+1

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I will second this motion.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

You say developers as if there were more than one. Only one guy worked on and created the CB10 app. Which is why it blows my mind developers don't put more effort into their apps. If one person could make the beauty that is CB10. Imagine what a small team could do. Again, great job on the CB10 app Marcus.
    CrackBerry Addict

Pretty sure the CB10 app was put together using the Blackberry 10 App Generator. This is a tool already in place to essentially natively wrap web content and package it into a BB10 application. I'm sure the CB10 app also included some custom modifications. However, I think its important to note that the Blackberry 10 App Generator is a tool that works fantastic in very specific solutions, and Crackberry fits this bill as the infrastructure and content is already in place, it just gets pulled and presented neatly. For other applications though (essentially anything that isn't web/html based), the App Generator won't fit the bill.
    Thanked by:
    Pirate_King (03-17-2013) 

Quote Originally Posted by dj_matty_s View Post
    Pretty sure the CB10 app was put together using the Blackberry 10 App Generator. This is a tool already in place to essentially natively wrap web content and package it into a BB10 application. I'm sure the CB10 app also included some custom modifications. However, I think its important to note that the Blackberry 10 App Generator is a tool that works fantastic in very specific solutions, and Crackberry fits this bill as the infrastructure and content is already in place, it just gets pulled and presented neatly. For other applications though (essentially anything that isn't web/html based), the App Generator won't fit the bill.
    The CB10 app is 100% written from scratch. It did not use the app generator.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    Thanked by 2:
    indie_b (03-17-2013),  web99 (03-17-2013) 
    SpectreShepherd and web99 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Wow. This is entirely wrong. Not even close to being accurate.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24BFA0E3

If you try the app generator, you just add an rss feed and some images. You then get a "News" style app. The CB10 app has forum integration, which you can't do iirc on the app generator.

A good example of an app that uses the app generator is N4BB

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

My bad guys, thought I read somewhere that it was originally generated using the app generator, guess i read wrong.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    whats a PIN :)

The Mobile Nations CEO wrote CB10 100% from scratch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

My bad guys, thought I read somewhere that it was originally generated using the app generator, guess i read wrong.
    You may have seen the video where Simon Sage demonstrated the app generator and made a pseudo-CrackBerry app. That was just to show the app generator though. That was NOT how the CB10 app was made.