Why does every Damn android app need every single permission.... this is b.s!!! even amazon app store needs to access everything, being able to download android apps is cool but losing my security is not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:17 AM
    Why does every Damn android app need every single permission.... this is b.s!!! even amazon app store needs to access everything, being able to download android apps is cool but losing my security is not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    I am with you on that. Depending on the app, I will allow it or blow it off and DENY or UNinstall.

What I don't know is if REAL Android devices have any more control of individual permissions or they, too, are limited to all or none. Maybe an Android user can chime in here.
    01-30-14 08:23 AM
    It is not only android apps that pop up the permissions screen but so do native BlackBerry apps. To me, it's not big deal. I just either deny or accept. However if you deny, don't be surprised if the app doesn't work properly or even work at all. On the other hand, the app in question may work fine.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    01-30-14 08:29 AM
    I am with you on that. Depending on the app, I will allow it or blow it off and DENY or UNinstall.

What I don't know is if REAL Android devices have any more control of individual permissions or they, too, are limited to all or none. Maybe an Android user can chime in here.
    No they don't. There was a hidden utility that came out recently that allowed users to deny individual permissions but that seems to have gone away. It has always been all or nothing. This is one of the biggest reasons I bought another Z10 after my first one was swiped in Barcelona. I had considered an S4. I bought one for my wife, great phone, I just hate Google's privacy violations and the intrusive permissions. I am happy with the Z10.
    01-30-14 09:02 AM