Got one from Mobicity. Day 2 now.

Negatives so far:
    1. Average battery life. Around 10% per hour. My iPhone is around 5% per hour so almost double.

2. No other cross platform messaging yet.

3. Need time to get used to the new os.

4. Camera is not as good as iPhone 5.

Positives so far:
    1. Amazing keyboard!!

2. Fast and solid os.

3. Best bb ever!!!!

No regret and i love my z10
    02-09-13 10:52 PM
    You are right the battery is not that great I am just hoping that the new battery will be stronger. I am averaging about 3000 min a month which is about 100 min a day and I tell you I am all drained after just a few hours (4 h tops) hopefully there is another solution but to buy another battery but, somehow I think it will have to be.

On the other side,

Everything else is just superb! I can't complain. Few more applications to wait for and this is one damn good phone!!!

Sincerely,

Mafguard

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 11:09 PM
    Not really related to the Z10 itself, but how long did you wait to get it since you ordered it?
    02-09-13 11:14 PM
    Which telco you using?
    02-09-13 11:15 PM
    You are right the battery is not that great I am just hoping that the new battery will be stronger. I am averaging about 3000 min a month which is about 100 min a day and I tell you I am all drained after just a few hours (4 h tops) hopefully there is another solution but to buy another battery but, somehow I think it will have to be.

On the other side,

Everything else is just superb! I can't complain. Few more applications to wait for and this is one damn good phone!!!

Sincerely,

Mafguard

Yes i am thinking of buying the battery pack which i got one for 9900 but it is still in the pre order status at crackberry store

02-09-13 11:19 PM
    Which telco you using?
    Amaysim as i am going only to use it for bbm and light email and browsing.my primary phone is still iphone

02-09-13 11:20 PM
    Not really related to the Z10 itself, but how long did you wait to get it since you ordered it?
    I ordered it probably quite early like 1st feb when it first live on the web and i got it on Saturday 9 feb. I have to pick it up from the post office as i cant wait until Monday!!
    It was sent via express and hence i got it quite early

02-09-13 11:24 PM
    I ordered it probably quite early like 1st feb when it first live on the web and i got it on Saturday 9 feb. I have to pick it up from the post office as i cant wait until Monday!!
    It was sent via express and hence i got it quite early

I see! How much did you get it for??
    02-09-13 11:28 PM
    I see! How much did you get it for??
    I think 768 plus shipping
    02-09-13 11:36 PM
    Got it
    Any idea if it would be cheaper if I were to wait till the official release and bought it direct off Vodafone? (Do they sell phones without plans)
    Cos if the price difference was just a little, and I will be able to get my phone much earlier, I wouldn't mind that!!
    02-10-13 12:00 AM
    The battery life increases after a week and it helps to go into the display settings and disable swiping up to wake up. Instant battery improvement.
    02-10-13 01:40 AM
    Got one from Mobicity. Day 2 now.

Negatives so far:
    1. Average battery life. Around 10% per hour. My iPhone is around 5% per hour so almost double.

2. No other cross platform messaging yet.

3. Need time to get used to the new os.

4. Camera is not as good as iPhone 5.

Positives so far:
    1. Amazing keyboard!!

2. Fast and solid os.

3. Best bb ever!!!!

No regret and i love my z10
    Congrats man! The battery issues is true for the first few days, because there are a lot of unseen background processes happening. My dad got his z10 a week ago and for the first day the battery only lasted 8 hours, on day 2 13 hours and now at the 6 day mark he's mustering near 16 hours and he's a power user. It will definitely get better over time Have loads of fun!
    02-10-13 03:06 AM
    How does it feel to be the first?
    02-10-13 03:07 AM
    Congrats man! The battery issues is true for the first few days, because there are a lot of unseen background processes happening. My dad got his z10 a week ago and for the first day the battery only lasted 8 hours, on day 2 13 hours and now at the 6 day mark he's mustering near 16 hours and he's a power user. It will definitely get better over time Have loads of fun!
    So what changed exactly? Did he switch any options or just stopped playing with it??? How can a battery get better after a few days?

Thanks,

Mafguard

02-10-13 03:10 AM
    So what changed exactly? Did he switch any options or just stopped playing with it??? How can a battery get better after a few days?
    There tends to be more synching, downloading etc. going on for most people during those first couple of days so that is part of the reason.

As far as point 2 in the op, gtalk and yahoo's version are free in bb world and then there is im+ which is a paid app.
    02-10-13 04:09 AM
    Also I find that batteries take some time to wear in. You have to near deplete and recharge them several times before they become optimal.
    02-10-13 04:15 AM
    Update:

Found a way to increase battery life. Unfortunately i have to uninstall my cb10 app because it kept updating with all the posts on the thread while the app on my iphone will only refresh once i got into the app itself. Anyone know how to disable the auto refresh? I love the cb10 app on my z10.

I have also close the live tile for the cb10 app but it is still updating in the background.
    02-10-13 10:25 PM
    For instant battery life increase. Drain Battery twice and charge fully twice. Trust me - massive difference.
    02-10-13 11:40 PM