Are we charged extra if we use mobile hotspot?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:52 PM
    You have to have it in your plan or you can't use it. I have a family plan 10gb data and hot spot comes with this plan.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:57 PM
    yup mobile hotspot is extra
    03-24-13 02:57 PM
    You need a, mobile plan for it. the lowest paln for a single user is 5 gig for $50.00
    03-24-13 05:13 PM
    You need a, mobile plan for it. the lowest paln for a single user is 5 gig for $50.00
    But I have unlimited. I guess I have to talk to att reps tomorrow for a definitive answer.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:13 AM
    I believe that the new data share plans include mobile hotspot, I know mine does.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:17 AM
    Unfortunately no it will not work with your unlimited data plan. At&t blocks it on that plan. The only way I've seen it work is on a rooted android, jb Iphones and my 9900 but only with os 7.1.0.267. It looks like we are sh*t out of luck now that the updates are direct from the carriers... maybe something with removing the sim and updating via Link software but only time will tell. If you remove your sim during bridge instalation you can Internet tether to a play book

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:04 AM
    Unfortunately no it will not work with your unlimited data plan. At&t blocks it on that plan. The only way I've seen it work is on a rooted android, jb Iphones and my 9900 but only with os 7.1.0.267. It looks like we are sh*t out of luck now that the updates are direct from the carriers... maybe something with removing the sim and updating via Link software but only time will tell. If you remove your sim during bridge instalation you can Internet tether to a play book

Posted via CB10
    Omg seriously? That is beyond ********. I really am going to have to cross my fingers and hope there is some way around this. Losing my unlimited data would suck big time.

I wish there was a tether berry release to be honest. They had better make one for the zed.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:15 AM
    Pfft. Unlimited data is trash anymore. Doesn't come with anything extra, and you get speed-capped when you go past 5GB on LTE, or 3GB on 3G/HSPA+. I dropped it years ago. My advice is, become more selective in your interests, and you'll waste less data dorking around online. I put movies and music on memory cards for viewing later. Forget using Netflix over cellular data.
    03-25-13 01:33 AM
    Pfft. Unlimited data is trash anymore. Doesn't come with anything extra, and you get speed-capped when you go past 5GB on LTE, or 3GB on 3G/HSPA+. I dropped it years ago. My advice is, become more selective in your interests, and you'll waste less data dorking around online. I put movies and music on memory cards for viewing later. Forget using Netflix over cellular data.
    Not that i really disagree with you but i would rather have 5gb og unlim@ $30/month than @50 as with the normal plan.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 03:06 AM
    But I have unlimited. I guess I have to talk to att reps tomorrow for a definitive answer.

Posted via CB10
    This has been hashed a hundred times. Unlimited does NOT include tethering to another device.
    03-25-13 04:49 AM
    Sorry but you sound more bitter because you do not have unlimited. It has been very valuable to me and most others.
    03-25-13 04:50 AM
    I believe that the new data share plans include mobile hotspot, I know mine does.

Posted via CB10
    Same, hotspot is included in the new mobile share plans. it was enough to get me to finally switch off the grandfathered unlimited plan (I don't use THAT much data anyway).

I haven't used 4GB in the last 4 months combined, let alone 1 month.
    03-25-13 05:13 AM
    Use a program called PDANET it works Awesome, I don't need to use it, but have done so and is undetectable on their network.

In case they do ever find out you will lose your unlimited plan and they will bill you for tethering.

It has been one of the most popular software for Windows Mobile phones, Palm OS phones and the iPhone. It is now ported to the BlackBerry! Unlike other tethering software that only supports Proxy connections or through a third-party server, PdaNet provides you with direct and full Internet access so all your email, instant message programs will work without any setting changes.
    PdaNet allows your computer to go online instantly at broadband speed. Supports both USB Tether and Bluetooth DUN (*see Bluetooth Setup Instructions).

By the way I have a FREE version sideloaded on my Playbook and on my phone Z10 ... LOL, did not have to pay as I have this version for a few years now and no issues when I did use it.

Make sure to use the "hide tethering" option in the APP.

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    03-25-13 05:18 AM