people are STEALING the Z10
Went to the Bell store today, the Z10 demo unit was missing and the rep said that someone stole it, right in front of the camera. He must have wanted it pretty badly eh?
Funnily enough, I get home and tell my girlfriend this same story, and she said that she was in the Rogers store and there was one stolen there as well.
Both were literally ripped off the holsters, the battery cover was still attached to the cord.
Both of these stores were in downtown Toronto.
Some people want it real bad.
- 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM #2
I guess they can sell them on ebay for $700+ right?
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Addict
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM #6
- 902 Posts
- 02-20-2013, 06:47 PM #7
It must take a bit of effort, they are really clamped into those new steel display stands. They'd have to do damage to the sides of the phone ripping them out.
Posted via CB10
- 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM #12It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
-Sir Winston Churchill
- CrackBerry Genius
02-20-2013, 08:32 PM #13
- 2,684 Posts
The Z10 displays in the stores (I've been to 4 different rogers stores and a Walmart and a Source) and they all have the retail lock on them as far as the software goes. So I don't know if they would be able to bypass that or not...Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
- 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM #15Device(s):
Curve 9300> Bold 9700> Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
- 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM #18
Yeah when I use to work retail I learned if people want them, they'll take them. We use to get in trouble. I still don't understand why because it wasn't our fault, and we did all we could. But the big wigs would get mad. Oh well not my problem.
- 02-20-2013, 09:11 PM #19
Although no one steals anything where I live (Qatar). Vodafone Qatar stores, all of them got sensors if any of the phones on display was treated a bit violent the whole store lights will flash fast and the emergency alarm starts.
Bell didn't have such a system. At least Bell should have expected something happening. But in Qatar it never ever happened before. Except when kids drop the demo units by mistake and activates the emergency system #facepalm
Posted via CB10
- 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM #20
People these days will steal anything that isn't nailed down, and some of them will bring a crowbar to even handle that.Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
- 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM #22Crackberry super member with posting powers no one else has and sooper sekret identities. Or so I'm told.
- CrackBerry User
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM #24
- 49 Posts
I used to work for Bell at numerous locations including the Eaton centre and phones getting ripped off are nothing new, we would just replace them and thats it. Usually iphones but I rememer somebody even shaved off the corners on the playbook in order to take it. No matter what security we use they find a way to get past it.
- By RCCollins in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 55Last Post: 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
- By latinstyle in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
- By mjbesen310 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 12-31-2008, 09:06 AM
- By inssane in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 12-22-2008, 11:30 AM
- By Rev0lver in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM