Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default pentile or IPS?

Please forgive me if this has been answered already. But does the Z10 use a Pentile or IPS display,,,I know I've seen threads on whether it uses gorilla glass or not,,,but nothing about Pentile or IPS.
    Thank you guys in advance.

Global Posts
    32,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!

IPS, and it's on par with iP5 display (which has the best display on the market). I really should upload a photo of the Z10 next to my iP5 and Nexus 4 one day. The N4 looks like it has a blue film covering the screen. I'm really really impressed with the screen BB chose for the Z10.

The Q10 is going to be OLED, but I don't think they've mentioned whether it will be Pentile or RGB. Hopefully RGB.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

That's GREAT to know,,,just one more reason to get a Z10 when it finally gets released on T-mobile here in the states. I never liked pentile screens used by Motorola and Samsung
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by dakken View Post
    That's GREAT to know,,,just one more reason to get a Z10 when it finally gets released on T-mobile here in the states. I never liked pentile screens used by Motorola and Samsung
    Omg pentile is just baaaaaaadddddd... I had both of those guys and it bugs me sooo much. You shouldnt be Ble to see the pixels easily. Its just like bad cgi in a movie. I see that and say, "arent we passed those those with modern technology?". Glad on blackberrys choice