The new Pebble looks pretty sexy, especially with the brushed aluminium strap and I'm actually considering one however one big aspect I need to think about is compatibility with my Z10. What would it be able to do with it? Will I be a able to use all of these new apps that will be on the Pebble app store? What features will I be missing compared to an Android or iOS phone? Overall what I mean to ask is, is it worth the investment?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:05 PM
    My watch only gives me the time and date, I use my phone for everything else. As for the Pebble, never been interested.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    ruhban likes this.
    01-11-14 06:08 PM
    Hi Ruhban

If you're running a 10.2.1 leak then i believe the Pebble .apk file works fine- you can upgrade the watch software and install new watch faces using that.

There is also an app in BlackBerry world called talk2watch that expands the use of your pebble, and a great thread here on crackberry by the app's dev which is well worth a read:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-app-868207/

Apps that you download and install to your watch should run indepentantly of phone platform, as long asit remains connected by bluetooth.

There are people who know much more about this sort of thing over at crackberrys sister forum Smartwatch Fans if you head over there. Careful not to get hooked on the watches though!
    ruhban likes this.
    01-11-14 06:29 PM
    I ordered mine today, it won't ship until mid-february though. Planning on using the app talk2watch and getting the most out of this.

The steel series is the exact same as the first series only a little flatter and with steel straps. Screen, firmware,... all is the same so it should work like a charm

Posted via CB10
    Barljo and ruhban like this.
    01-11-14 06:42 PM
    Has anyone tried to use the Android Pebble app sideloaded on 10.2.1? Does it work? What I'm really interested in knowing, is if I use a sideloaded version of Runkeeper or Strava (both Apps that track your running fitness and have pebble support) will push your status to the pebble watch.

I would like to get a pebble for this reason. If it doesn't work, I will hold off on purchasing it for now.
    FYI, I can install the Android pebble app fine, but don't have a watch to test the functionality.
    ruhban likes this.
    01-14-14 01:11 PM
    Has anyone tried to use the Android Pebble app sideloaded on 10.2.1? Does it work? What I'm really interested in knowing, is if I use a sideloaded version of Runkeeper or Strava (both Apps that track your running fitness and have pebble support) will push your status to the pebble watch.

I would like to get a pebble for this reason. If it doesn't work, I will hold off on purchasing it for now.
    FYI, I can install the Android pebble app fine, but don't have a watch to test the functionality.
    It can't do notifications. It can update the watch and do watch faces.
    That's it as far as I know.
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    01-14-14 02:20 PM
    Talk2Watch for BB10 is what many including myself use for Pebble watch. I use the official android app only to upgrade firmware or download watchfaces and apps

Posted via CB10
    Barljo and ruhban like this.
    01-14-14 02:25 PM
    Thanks. So unfortunately it doesn't look like there are any ways of getting average pace / time displayed on the Pebble from any of the fitness apps on BB10. Bummer
    01-14-14 03:52 PM
    Talk2Watch has a simple integration of a sports app. It shows you the current time, pace/speed and distance.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    01-14-14 11:58 PM
    Hi Ruhban

If you're running a 10.2.1 leak then i believe the Pebble .apk file works fine- you can upgrade the watch software and install new watch faces using that.

There is also an app in BlackBerry world called talk2watch that expands the use of your pebble, and a great thread here on crackberry by the app's dev which is well worth a read:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-app-868207/

Apps that you download and install to your watch should run indepentantly of phone platform, as long asit remains connected by bluetooth.

There are people who know much more about this sort of thing over at crackberrys sister forum Smartwatch Fans if you head over there. Careful not to get hooked on the watches though!
    Thanks for that! As a user later stated, the fitness apps that work in unison with the phone don't work with BB10 unfortunately so I'll have to wait for support. I really wanted it but ah well.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:11 AM
    It can't do notifications. It can update the watch and do watch faces.
    That's it as far as I know.
    I'm sure it can do notifications using that Talk2Watch app.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:14 AM
    Talk2Watch has a simple integration of a sports app. It shows you the current time, pace/speed and distance.

Posted via CB10
    Can we see pictures / screenshots please?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:15 AM
    Third party Pebble watch app Talk2Watch updated with many new features | CrackBerry.com Take a look at the video - the sports part is described at 6:00
    01-19-14 10:31 AM
    Can we see pictures / screenshots please?

Posted via CB10

Pebble Steel-img_20140119_121131.png

Not wearing the watch right now. It's Sunday
    01-19-14 11:12 AM
    I'm sure it can do notifications using that Talk2Watch app.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. That's what I use.
    I was referring to the official pebble app. Read the quoted comment.
    01-19-14 11:12 AM
    Talk2watch works well with my z30 but is not even close 2 how good it is with my nexus. The Dev wants to make it better but blackberry is doing **** on a stick to help

sent from my nexus 4........while on the can.
    01-19-14 03:12 PM
    Mine won't do notifications either. Pebble Time Steel and Blackberry Classic 10.3.2.556
    I can get the Pebble app to change watch faces but that's about it. Talk2Watch Pro acts like it's working but nothing reaches the watch.
    09-29-15 01:07 PM