It might seem like our demographic for the size the Z10 offers is getting ignored but I am holding out hope that BlackBerry does the right thing this year.

After weighing my options for the recent new BlackBerry launches late 2014, I have been very disappointed.

1) The Passport is just too big. I gauged the size with cases involved and just couldn't bring myself to purchase this phone. Also the lack of the typical 4 row keyboard is a big disappointment. Why give us a huge device and omit this entirely? Why should I need to tailor brand new typing habits to make up for this design flaw? Unacceptable. Some of BlackBerry's decisions **** me off at times.

2) I'm not going to repeat my Classic rant. Pretty sure some of you witnessed the topic first hand with roughly 300 replies. TL;DR version would be the pricing not matching the specs. There are also design flaws with back light bleeding and spaces between the keyboard I keep reading about on the board.

I pretty much can't get the Classic or Passport after extensive research GUARANTEED. I can't be bothered with Android which will slow down eventually after subsequent updates or the iPhone which I feel is a glorified toy. Windows phone? Meh.

So BlackBerry please give us current gen specs in the next "Z10 sized" update.

Please!

via CB10 - CH(s): (C0012477B , C003B32E9) - OS 10.2 Rogers
    Mattster723 likes this.
    01-20-15 07:56 PM
    When I first saw the passport and the 3 row keyboard I thought it was weird as well, but honestly I wouldn't change it for the world now.

Keep the 4th row virtual, I love my passport keyboard.

Don't knock it 'till you try it.

That being said, I loved my Z10 and Z30, and would also like another nice full touch device for those people who want it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:03 PM
    I too want a latest specc'd device in a Z10 sized phone. It can accommodate upto 4.7" display size.

Posted via Q10
    01-20-15 08:06 PM
    The Z10 always seemed to me like an extremely dumb waste of space. I mean 58% screen to body ratio? That's ridiculous and disgusting, the Passport with its physical keyboard has a 56% screen to body ratio. They could easily keep the same dimensions with a bigger screen.

If they are planning to keep humongous bezels for their next small full touch, then I hope they just kill the "Z10".

If they keep up the good work, like the Z30 with its 67.7% (or better), then I'd immediately buy it.
    01-20-15 08:13 PM
    The Z10 always seemed to me like an extremely dumb waste of space. I mean 58% screen to body ratio? That's ridiculous and disgusting, the Passport with its physical keyboard has a 56% screen to body ratio. They could easily keep the same dimensions with a bigger screen.

If they are planning to keep humongous bezels for their next small full touch, then I hope they just kill the "Z10".

If they keep up the good work, like the Z30 with its 67.7% (or better), then I'd immediately buy it.
    The bezels are annoying but I learned to ignore it overtime. You do make solid points though.

via CB10 - CH(s): (C0012477B , C003B32E9) - OS 10.2 Rogers
    01-20-15 08:22 PM
    It's highly unlikely to see a new full-touch BlackBerry device soon. If eventually they come up with something, it is going to be a boutique device with insane price. It's just not possible to manufacture a good device in limited copies and with good price. Initial production costs are too high. It all depends how well Classic and Passport sell. If they fail to generate the expected income, then we may not see any new devices soon.
    01-20-15 09:02 PM
    It's highly unlikely to see a new full-touch BlackBerry device soon. If eventually they come up with something, it is going to be a boutique device with insane price. It's just not possible to manufacture a good device in limited copies and with good price. Initial production costs are too high. It all depends how well Classic and Passport sell. If they fail to generate the expected income, then we may not see any new devices soon.
    Yup its real. If the sales hit than they will be launching visa and Victoria...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:25 AM
    I'm hoping they do and an unlocked Z30 is still overpriced IMO. I'm tempted to try either a Droid or Windows phone just to see what's it like. I want to see if I can adapt or if I will totally hate it and the only way to do that is to daily drive it for a couple weeks. We shall see...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:58 AM
    Full android Blackberry or even BlackBerry running Windows 10 is what we see in the future. And for those who can't live without BB10 OS there will be kind of a luncher.

That could probably save blackberry.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-26-15 02:25 PM
    Maybe they could outsource the hardware to someone like Sharp and just supply the OS?

Patience Z10 owners! We will be rewarded soon? (I hope...)-aquos-crystal-sprint19-1280x851.jpg
    01-26-15 05:17 PM
    When I think of Sharp, only one thing comes to mind and that is cheap hardware. Personally I would like to see equal to or better hardware no matter what may happen down the road.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:10 PM
    When I think of Sharp, only one thing comes to mind and that is cheap hardware. Personally I would like to see equal to or better hardware no matter what may happen down the road.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung anyone ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-26-15 06:25 PM
    Maybe they could outsource the hardware to someone like Sharp and just supply the OS?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aquos-crystal-sprint19-1280x851.jpg 
Views:	3604 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	329854
    I don't think they will be a device with such nice display. Hope they improve the hardware.... that would be good enough.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-26-15 08:36 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aquos-crystal-sprint19-1280x851.jpg 
Views:	3604 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	329854
    Well the design is definitely gorgeous on the Aquos, however it lacks on many fronts.

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    01-26-15 09:46 PM
    I was actually excited when the "Samsung is buying Blackberry" rumor first came out. All I could see was an S5 running BB10.3 and having full android functionality including all Google services. That would be my dream phone because no matter what your interest you could have the apps you want but still have the security and gesture based os to get things done!

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-27-15 07:43 AM

What in the flying f**k is screen to body ratio? It sounds like a gross marketing term that an evil, greedy company creates with no real meaning, like "pixel fillrate" in GPU.

It's almost as if they're trying to make you look at the specs instead of actual use experience.

Now, supposedly it means the percentage of the front side that is used for display purposes. I'm sure there is Math involved there but I really don't see how it's important. It's like buying a gold-trimmed case for your gaming PC, it's nice but that's not the point of a case

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    01-27-15 08:47 AM
    What in the flying f**k is screen to body ratio? It sounds like a gross marketing term that an evil, greedy company creates with no real meaning, like "pixel fillrate" in GPU.

It's almost as if they're trying to make you look at the specs instead of actual use experience.

Now, supposedly it means the percentage of the front side that is used for display purposes. I'm sure there is Math involved there but I really don't see how it's important. It's like buying a gold-trimmed case for your gaming PC, it's nice but that's not the point of a case

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    Thing is, you don't use the gold case at all, it'd be there just for the looks; whereas the touchscreen is both, an input and output essential component, and a bigger screen on a phone with the same dimensions means, well, obviously more screen real state while still being as portable.

If you want to make a phone with a small screen, then keep the body around the same size. If you can't make a phone as small as its display for whatever reason, then extend the display to fit the whole body (because if you don't then its still a "big" phone). And it can be done, the Galaxy S5 mini is the living proof. It's the same size as the Z10 (even with its fingerprint sensor, IP67 rating and a bigger battery), but it has a 4.5" display vs a 4.2"

And you can't really say it doesn't matter, since BlackBerry upped the ante with it's 2 current flagship devices in comparison to their predecessors.
    01-27-15 02:18 PM
    I don't see it either I think it's a long way off if ever...Not saying I wouldn't like it but I'm just being realistic!

My Z10 Whiteout
    01-27-15 06:03 PM
    Im sorry but I just cant understand the Z10 people who want an upgrade and totally dismiss the Z30. Its not too big and its fine for now. I dont get the urgency for a Z50 with the same size as a Z10. I understand alot less those who think Z30 is junk and want a Z50 Z30 replacement. I dont miss the Z10.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    01-27-15 06:12 PM
    Thing is, you don't use the gold case at all, it'd be there just for the looks; whereas the touchscreen is both, an input and output essential component, and a bigger screen on a phone with the same dimensions means, well, obviously more screen real state while still being as portable.

If you want to make a phone with a small screen, then keep the body around the same size. If you can't make a phone as small as its display for whatever reason, then extend the display to fit the whole body (because if you don't then its still a "big" phone). And it can be done, the Galaxy S5 mini is the living proof. It's the same size as the Z10 (even with its fingerprint sensor, IP67 rating and a bigger battery), but it has a 4.5" display vs a 4.2"

And you can't really say it doesn't matter, since BlackBerry upped the ante with it's 2 current flagship devices in comparison to their predecessors.
    Focusing on the screen to body ratio distracts from the actual need: a good usage experience.

Does screen to body ratio contribute to usage experience? You bet it does. Is it the end-all be-all? No it's not. It's a by product of trying to do away with bezel. If a product has 100% ratio but extremely awkward to use, that ratio is not going to help

Also, BlackBerry 10 has that gesture that involves swiping from below to get back to the home screen while all that an Android phone needs is a quarter inch of static keys, so that needs to be taken into account for those bezels

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    01-27-15 10:05 PM
    Focusing on the screen to body ratio distracts from the actual need: a good usage experience.

Does screen to body ratio contribute to usage experience? You bet it does. Is it the end-all be-all? No it's not. It's a by product of trying to do away with bezel. If a product has 100% ratio but extremely awkward to use, that ratio is not going to help

Also, BlackBerry 10 has that gesture that involves swiping from below to get back to the home screen while all that an Android phone needs is a quarter inch of static keys, so that needs to be taken into account for those bezels

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    So what's up with the passport's and Q10's bezel?
    01-27-15 10:57 PM
    Im sorry but I just cant understand the Z10 people who want an upgrade and totally dismiss the Z30. Its not too big and its fine for now. I dont get the urgency for a Z50 with the same size as a Z10. I understand alot less those who think Z30 is junk and want a Z50 Z30 replacement. I dont miss the Z10.
    Differences between the 30 and 10 are not big enough to justify the price tag of the Z30, in my opinion. Not to mention none of my nearby carriers offer it anymore - I would have to buy it unlocked off contract for around $500. Not worth it for an older device in my opinion.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    DJM626 and vbdwork like this.
    01-28-15 03:00 PM
    Differences between the 30 and 10 are not big enough to justify the price tag of the Z30, in my opinion. Not to mention none of my nearby carriers offer it anymore - I would have to buy it unlocked off contract for around $500. Not worth it for an older device in my opinion.

Its obvious you have not tried one. The differences are worth the upgrade and its far from OLD, that made me laugh. My desktop is computer is 3 years old and it can blow up over half of the new computers being plugged in today.
    01-28-15 07:01 PM
    Its obvious you have not tried one. The differences are worth the upgrade and its far from OLD, that made me laugh. My desktop is computer is 3 years old and it can blow up over half of the new computers being plugged in today.
    If you have to respond to my personal opinion with hostility then I think it's clear you will not and do not wish to understand the opinions of people who don't want the Z30.

01-28-15 07:22 PM
    Not gonna happen. Wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:22 PM
37 12