Is there a way to restore just Password Keeper from a z10 backup without restoring everything else? I'm attempting to reload the BB10 OS and do a fresh install on my Zed so I could start from scratch. The only app data I require is from Password Keeper but as it stands with BlackBerry Link we must restore the entire phone backup just to get to the data. I'd rather not have to write down my Password Keeper data manually to accomplish my objective but I cannot see any alternative. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:56 AM
    Any chance you have those passwords on an pre Z10 Blackberry device?
    04-19-13 08:08 AM
    Unfortunately I don't. I came from an S3 and I never stored my passwords until Password Keeper came along for the BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:27 AM
    One reason I used KeePass for PC, Droid, and was using it for BB (9800 and 9810). At least I did not have to worry about backing up and restore and I had a really nice desktop app to key in all my PWs.
    04-19-13 10:54 AM
    im looking for the same answer as the OP
    has any one figured out a way to do this .
    Maybe ill just screen shot the ones i need

edit is password keep cloud base by chance. I see a section about importing password keeper info
    04-30-13 09:09 AM
    Hi OP it should be possible. Here's how :
    Open BlackBerry Link - click on the device at the bottom of the Window. - then at the top right click on options ( wrench type icon) - now on the left select restore device data. - then a new Window should Pop up. Where you ser "Legacy device backup Files" hit the down arrow, select your back up file. If you single click it, you should get a list of boxes at the bottom of thay Window to select from.

On mine I see restore all data as the first option, but half way down I have password keeper. If I select that, the restore button appears and should let you restore just that app.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-30-13 09:35 AM
    Open BlackBerry Link - click on the device at the bottom of the Window. - then at the top right click on options ( wrench type icon) - now on the left select restore device data. - then a new Window should Pop up. Where you ser "Legacy device backup Files" hit the down arrow, select your back up file. If you single click it, you should get a list of boxes at the bottom of thay Window to select from.

On mine I see restore all data as the first option, but half way down I have password keeper. If I select that, the restore button appears and should let you restore just that app.

Good luck.

but he doesnt have a old bb
    and i never had password keeper on my old bb

so what we want to do is back up are phones on the bb link
    then wipe our phones
    upgrade to either 10.0.10 / 10.1
    and then add password keep data back to it **but only the password keeper data**

I don't believe that is available yet or is it.
    jay_men likes this.
    04-30-13 09:54 AM
    Sorry. My mistake. Re read the thread. I just tried backing up my z10 and then attempted to restore just the password keeper. You are correct, it's not possible (yet?) . Sorry about that, had to go over the posts a few times to clarify.

04-30-13 10:02 AM
    Sorry. My mistake. Re read the thread. I just tried backing up my z10 and then attempted to restore just the password keeper. You are correct, it's not possible (yet?) . Sorry about that, had to go over the posts a few times to clarify.

no worries thanks ill just do screen shots of my passwords and put in drop box wipe and start again.
    thanks everyone.
    04-30-13 10:11 AM
    Still have the same issue and as pointed by other posters, unfortunately, there is no way to do selective restores of specific application data from BB10 to BB10. It's either all or nothing.
    04-30-13 10:47 AM
    The only way to backup password keeper data from a BB10 device is to backup "Settings" from BBLink (not application data or media). This will of course backup/restore all of your settings too but it's better than backing up everything. The other settings that come with it shouldn't be harmful.
    04-30-13 06:44 PM

Good luck.

Thank you very much... Exactly what I was looking for. I did a complete security wipe of my phone to try to cure the daily reboots and change my BB Id.
    05-01-13 11:05 AM
    First I followed what you wrote:
    "Open BlackBerry Link - click on the device at the bottom of the Window. - then at the top right click on options ( wrench type icon) - now on the left select restore device data. - then a new Window should Pop up. Where you ser "Legacy device backup Files" hit the down arrow, select your back up file. If you single click it, you should get a list of boxes at the bottom of thay Window to select from.

On mine I see restore all data as the first option, but half way down I have password keeper. If I select that, the restore button appears and should let you restore just that app. "

When I opened my password keeper all I saw was the single new one. soooooo....

Swipe down from top of page to open bar, tap settings then scroll down to import passwords. I followed prompt and entered my old z password and viola all my passwords are back!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    rotfl:
    07-10-13 03:00 PM
    Very frustrating that Password Keeper doesn't have a cloud backup option (no idea why they can't sync it with BB Protect info).

This is a big miss from BB IMO
    tryfe likes this.
    08-18-13 01:03 PM
    Blackberry might as well offer Cloud backup like Apple does.
    11-11-13 04:37 PM
    01-13-14 01:23 PM